Author Topic: Judge Allows Subpoenas For Internet Users  (Read 669 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Judge Allows Subpoenas For Internet Users
« on: September 12, 2010, 03:09:27 PM »
http://yro.slashdot.org/story/10/09/11/1357254/Judge-Allows-Subpoenas-For-Internet-Users#commentlisting

"A federal judge has ruled that the company holding a movie copyright can subpoena the names of people who are accused of illegally downloading and distributing the film. The judge ruled that courts have maintained that once people convey subscriber information to their Internet service providers, they no longer have an expectation of privacy."

RIP Privacy.

The movie industry wins once again.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Judge Allows Subpoenas For Internet Users
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 04:26:26 PM »
It's just a civil suit they can pull though right, it's not a criminal act to download movies and music is it? I think it's a civil violation that they can try to sue  you for damages. I really think this judge is crazy.

Regardless of how someone feels about copyright issues and downloading movies and music, I think everyone should be against this because it basically means that a private entity such as a big corporation can find out your online identity by force if they don't like anything you do online. Controversial political message boards such as this one could really suffer if everything someone posts is attached to their real name and home address.

What's next, an imam suing to find out the home address of Chaim ben Pesach because they feel that he is committing slander against Muslims and would like to sue him?

I've had some videos out there where I've decrypted corporate logos or talked about big corporations being evil and I wouldn't necessarily like them to know my name and place of residence.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 05:01:55 PM »
With all due respect, Rubystars, anything and everything done using digital technology, including a user or subscriber's personal, medical, and financial records, is readily available to any and all who want to record, observe, trade, and/or sell another's personal history compiled from the use of computers and cell phones.

The digital age has completely destroyed any semblance of Constitutional protections or Bill of Rights.

This happened long ago, but is just now becoming noticed by many people due to the increasingly blatant and egregious violations of our G-d given rights as Americans living under the Constitution.

After the date Sept. 11, 2001, America and much of the world moved into a Fascist Corporate Surveillance Police State.

It is here to stay and will only be rescinded with a successful revolution.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 05:09:43 PM »
It scares me but I think you're right Massuh.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 10:00:57 PM »
Rubystars:  "It scares me but I think you're right Massuh. "

Not only am I right about this, but I haven't even told you all I know about the ramifications of digital technology.

Did you know that each and every email and telephone conversation we send and receive is recorded and kept by all of our intelligence agencies?

Did you know that our every move in complete detail can be tracked and monitored in real time via surveillance satellites and drones when we are outdoors or in wilderness areas?

How about this one:  Did you know that Barack Hussein Obama has given himself power to order the assassination of any American citizen whom he alone decides is a "terrorist threat", including those living both abroad as well as inside the U.S.A. ?

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 10:46:41 PM »
We have the best government money can buy. Actually the multinationals are the government.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 02:10:26 AM »
How about this one:  Did you know that Barack Hussein Obama has given himself power to order the assassination of any American citizen whom he alone decides is a "terrorist threat", including those living both abroad as well as inside the U.S.A. ?

I didn't know this one. When did that happen?