Author Topic: Anti-Semitism in Venezuela  (Read 596 times)

Offline david1967

• Senior JTFer
Re: Anti-Semitism in Venezuela
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 04:06:35 PM »
I think there are 20,000 Jews there.  Time to get out and go to Israel.  What are they waiting for?  The atmosphere in Venezuela today is similar to 1930s Nazi Germany.

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 07:04:16 PM »
thankfully, hugo chavez cant run a country to save his life so venezuela will never be as powerful as nazi germany.

Offline lines

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 07:12:23 PM »
I'm not sure what is going on here. The author of this article is jumping from one topic to the next very fast and I am not sure who all these people are he is talking about. I mean the fact that people are saying antisemitic stuff doesnt prove anything, I could write an article about antisemitism in America and make it seem like America is the most antisemitic place on earth just by citing articles written by various antisemites.

This article really jumps from issue to issue very fast, I wish the author spent time on each thing he was talking about and fully explained the significance and context of what was going on.

I just looked  up some stuff right now and according to what I read some jewish leaders were concerned about antisemitism in the mainstream media and they had a meeting with Hugo Chavez. I am still confused about the whole situation down there because I never really paid much attention to venezuela. Here is a link to the article that talks about the recent meeting between Hugo Chavez and the leaders of venezuelas jewish community:
http://www.laht.com/article.asp?ArticleId=366912&CategoryId=10717

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 07:22:15 PM »
It's not that easy to just leave a country you've lived in your entire life, it sounds easier said than done but a lot of Jewish communities have historic roots in this countries and to just leave everything behind is a very difficult decision. Granted every Jew does belong in Israel but I think it comes down to a personal decision of when the time is right.