Author Topic: ADL Finally acknowledges that Roger Waters/Pink Floyd is antisemitic  (Read 6451 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
I have been saying for many years that Roger Waters, the front-man for Pink Floyd, is an anti-semite. Many Pink Floyd songs and more lately Roger Waters songs are pro-arab and anti-Jewish...

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/09/28/anti-semitic-imagery-used-roger-waters-tour-group-claims/?test=faces

Anti-Semitic Imagery Used in Roger Waters' Tour, Anti-Defamation League Says

Published September 28, 2010 | FoxNews.com

advertisement

The Anti-Defamation League is criticizing what it says is the dark side of Pink Floyd legend Roger Waters, claiming imagery the British rock icon used in his latest tour is anti-Semitic.

Waters, a longtime vocal critic of Israel, takes aim at the Jewish nation's West Bank security fence during a segment of his 2010-2011 "The Wall Live" tour by using imagery associated with stereotypes about Jews and money, ADL officials say.

During Waters' recent performances of "Goodbye Blue Sky," an animated scene has projected images of planes dropping bombs in the shape of Jewish stars of David, followed by dollar signs -- an "outrageous" juxtaposition, according to Abraham Foxman, ADL's national director.

"While he insists that his intent was to criticize Israel's West Bank security fence, the use of such imagery in a concert setting seems to leave the message open to interpretation, and the meaning could easily be misunderstood as a comment about Jews and money," Foxman said in a statement.

"Of course Waters has every right to express his political views about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict through his music and stagecraft," Foxman's statement continued.  "However, the images he has chosen, when put together in the same sequence, cross a line into anti-Semitism."

Foxman said he wished Waters, 67, had chosen another way to convey his political views without "dredging up the worst age-old anti-Semitic stereotype" about Jews and money.

Waters' representatives did not immediately reply to messages seeking comment on Tuesday.

In 2009, Waters reportedly used a tour of Israel to highlight his criticism of the country's controversial barrier surrounding the West Bank, characterizing it as an "awful thing" amounting to a land grab and openly hoping that it would be "destroyed soon."
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
Re: ADL Finally acknowledges that Roger Waters/Pink Floyd is antisemitic
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 10:08:40 AM »
I wrote 2 VERY serious letters to the ADL. I told them to change their stance to be pro-Jewish, and stop defaming Jews, and I asked them to start thinking on removing Chaim and the JDL off of their defamation site. 

I got a response..
July 9, I wrote the letters to them- previous to that, they were worried about the poor Moslems, on July 30, they came out and renounced the mosque, Geller from Atlas Shrugs covered the story. 

I told them that they endorsed the Moslem-Nazi Obama, so stop b*tchin about the Black Panthers, b/c they put the monster in the W.H.
----

Then, I started getting really nice emails from them, they have my email address, and I just wrote, yet another letter asking for them to remove Chaim and the JDL/JTF off of their site.

We'll see.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 10:13:51 AM »
Shalom AsheDina,

Yes, I am aware of the ADL and its lack of care about Jewish issues. But on two issues I agree with the ADL. ADL came out against the 9/11 mosque, and now it is speaking out against Roger Waters antisemtic ideology.

I do hope that they find the truth and let them remove JTF and Chaim from their site.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 12:38:51 PM »
I usually throw in the ADL, SPLC, ACLU and NAACP into the same category as nation-wrecking groups. It seems they are using their powers to do everything they can to destroy American society so I don't even care that much when they get one or two things right. I want those four organizations and any more like them totally dissolved.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 12:46:30 PM »
I wrote 2 VERY serious letters to the ADL. I told them to change their stance to be pro-Jewish, and stop defaming Jews, and I asked them to start thinking on removing Chaim and the JDL off of their defamation site. 

I got a response..
July 9, I wrote the letters to them- previous to that, they were worried about the poor Moslems, on July 30, they came out and renounced the mosque, Geller from Atlas Shrugs covered the story. 

I told them that they endorsed the Moslem-Nazi Obama, so stop b*tchin about the Black Panthers, b/c they put the monster in the W.H.
----

Then, I started getting really nice emails from them, they have my email address, and I just wrote, yet another letter asking for them to remove Chaim and the JDL/JTF off of their site.

We'll see.

They are also anti-gun and anti-american. I hate the ADL. Abraham Foxman is a whiner and doesn't do anything, I think he prefers us being victims.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 01:04:12 PM »
I guess better late than never.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 01:08:06 PM »

I got a response..

----

We'll see.

That's really interesting AishDina, please keep us updated on your correspondence with adl.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 01:11:03 PM »
Quote from: Foxman
"While he insists that his intent was to criticize Israel's West Bank security fence, the use of such imagery in a concert setting seems to leave the message open to interpretation, and the meaning could easily be misunderstood as a comment about Jews and money,"

He's an anti-Semite! but it's open to interpretation. Make up your darn mind Foxman, is he or is he not? If he's doing something anti-Semitic just come out and say it, don't waffle around like a little no-nuts coward. It could be misunderstood as a comment about Jews and money? What the hell? Did he mean it that way or not? I think it's stupid to imply that Waters could mean it any other way. Why such cautious and timid language?

Quote from: Foxman
"Of course Waters has every right to express his political views about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict through his music and stagecraft," Foxman's statement continued.  "However, the images he has chosen, when put together in the same sequence, cross a line into anti-Semitism."

Of course, according to Foxman, a self-appointed champion of the Jewish people, and foe to all anti-Semites (not), taking the "palestinian" side of the conflict doesn't make one an anti-Semite. Hmmm, makes me wonder which side that HE's on!

Foxman said he wished Waters, 67, had chosen another way to convey his political views without "dredging up the worst age-old anti-Semitic stereotype" about Jews and money.

Translation: "Oh please Mr. anti-Semite, that's so mean, please stop it! I wish you'd express your hatred of Israelis and support of Arab terrorists who want to murder Israelis in a less anti-Semitic waaaaaay! Waaaaah! We beg you to looove us! Oh please oh please oh please!"

In 2009, Waters reportedly used a tour of Israel to highlight his criticism of the country's controversial barrier surrounding the West Bank, characterizing it as an "awful thing" amounting to a land grab and openly hoping that it would be "destroyed soon."

If Foxman had any guts, he would tell Waters if he didn't stop with the support of terrorists against good Israelis, that a certain member of Pink Floyd might be "destroyed soon", but of course Foxman is too chicken sh*t to do that.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 01:18:11 PM »
I guess better late than never.
I would rather they stay quiet than issue a wimpy apologetic statement:
"While he insists that his intent was to criticize Israel's West Bank security fence, the use of such imagery in a concert setting seems to leave the message open to interpretation, and the meaning could easily be misunderstood as a comment about Jews and money," Foxman said in a statement.

Fauxman misses the whole point which is that the people who oppose Israel defense actions are inherently Jew-hater.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 01:20:18 PM »
Fauxman misses the whole point which is that the people who oppose Israel defense actions are inherently Jew-hater.

Exactly right.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 01:25:49 PM »

I got a response..

----

We'll see.

That's really interesting AishDina, please keep us updated on your correspondence with adl.

Im doing what I can in this regard.  I think Obama Jew hate may have these people a little scared.  Just pray that they will LISTEN, and STOP the defamation of Jews that are right wing and heroic.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 02:15:43 PM »
The ADL's response to anti-Semitism is what is the most appauling and pathetic thing about the organization. If some muslim nazi, black or leftist scum says something anti-Semitic they say we need to find understanding and tolerance through dialogue or some other faggy thing like that. Meanwhile, when a republican or Christian says something that can even halfway be construed as anti-Semitic they basically say that person should be thrown in jail for hate crimes. They give the real enemies of the Jews a complete pass while either wasting their breath on sodomites like David Duke/StørmFrønt or chastising conservatives for non-existent anti-Semitism.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 03:43:46 PM »
The ADL's response to anti-Semitism is what is the most appauling and pathetic thing about the organization. If some muslim nazi, black or leftist scum says something anti-Semitic they say we need to find understanding and tolerance through dialogue or some other faggy thing like that. Meanwhile, when a republican or Christian says something that can even halfway be construed as anti-Semitic they basically say that person should be thrown in jail for hate crimes. They give the real enemies of the Jews a complete pass while either wasting their breath on sodomites like David Duke/StørmFrønt or chastising conservatives for non-existent anti-Semitism.

Thats a very good point.  The more I look at this situation, the angrier I am at the ADL.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010, 06:09:58 PM »

I got a response..

----

We'll see.

I re-iterate what I said, and pray that the ADL turns back to HaShem.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline lines

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2010, 07:48:24 PM »

Here is video of the particular incident

The images of the star of davids appear at about 37 seconds into... there is a few images before it and some after it too

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2010, 07:55:19 PM »

Here is video of the particular incident

The images of the star of davids appear at about 37 seconds into... there is a few images before it and some after it too

Thank you, that was interesting... It was not as bad as I imagined it...

There were all kinds of symbolism in that video, but it is still disturbing that the Magen David was used in such a way. It seems to suggest that the Jewish symbol is associated with materialism and greed...

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2010, 08:03:42 PM »
Not as bad as you thought? Seems to suggest? I saw the video too and it looked like it was directly suggesting it.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2010, 08:17:39 PM »
Not as bad as you thought? Seems to suggest? I saw the video too and it looked like it was directly suggesting it.

I must explain... I figured it would be way more antisemitic than this... When I think of RW I think of the following line from Perfect Sense on his Amused to Death (1992) album:

And the Germans killed the Jews
And the Jews killed the Arabs
And the Arabs killed the hostages
And that is the news
And is it any wonder
That the monkey's confused

It seems here that the Jews are blamed for terrorism...

Check out this pearl of Arab-loving wisdom from Roger Waters : http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Leaving-Beirut-lyrics-Roger-Waters/902AA5F4FF45F33448257205002675D0
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 08:23:37 PM by muman613 »

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2010, 08:21:28 PM »
He's an anti-Semite! but it's open to interpretation. Make up your darn mind Foxman, is he or is he not? If he's doing something anti-Semitic just come out and say it, don't waffle around like a little no-nuts coward. It could be misunderstood as a comment about Jews and money? What the hell? Did he mean it that way or not? I think it's stupid to imply that Waters could mean it any other way. Why such cautious and timid language?
Abraham Foxman (yimach schmo) is a much bigger anti-Semite than that little puke Roger Waters (ys) ever will be.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2010, 08:24:09 PM »
Abraham Foxman (yimach schmo) is a much bigger anti-Semite than that little puke Roger Waters (ys) ever will be.

I really doubt that...

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2010, 08:25:36 PM »

I really doubt that...

A Jewish anti-Semite will always hate Jews more than a Gentile anti-Semite.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2010, 08:27:37 PM »

I really doubt that...

What I know about Roger Waters and his lyrics which demonstrate absolute love for anti-Israel and pro-Arab causes would lead anyone to believe that he is an antisemite.

It is true that Jews can be antisemitic, but I doubt that Abe Foxman hates Jews... He may not be so bright about how he handles his position, but I have not seen anything which ADL has done which would rise to the level of antisemitic.

If you can show otherwise, go ahead..

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2010, 09:08:27 PM »

I really doubt that...

What I know about Roger Waters and his lyrics which demonstrate absolute love for anti-Israel and pro-Arab causes would lead anyone to believe that he is an antisemite.

It is true that Jews can be antisemitic, but I doubt that Abe Foxman hates Jews... He may not be so bright about how he handles his position, but I have not seen anything which ADL has done which would rise to the level of antisemitic.

If you can show otherwise, go ahead..

I am not sure if Foxman was involved with the ADL at the time, but the ADL gave the FBI the lists of the names of people who were in the JDL in their heyday [for Jews to rat out righteous Jews in the galut, what a travesty!].

The ADL also targets righteous people who expose what a Mein Kampf the Quran and the Sunnah are.

The ADL unrighteously usurps the role of a righteous Jewish organization [such as JTF, or the JDL of old] by taking up space, media time, donations, and other things which are given to the ADL by Jews who think the ADL is a pro-Jew organization.

I'm not sure how to compare Roger Waters to Abe Foxman in terms of who has more hatred for the Jews in their heart.  I am sure that Foxman, and every other Jew who heads up a farce of a Jewish organization which does squat for Jews, does more damage to the Jewish people.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2010, 09:27:22 PM »
I am not sure if Foxman was involved with the ADL at the time, but the ADL gave the FBI the lists of the names of people who were in the JDL in their heyday [for Jews to rat out righteous Jews in the galut, what a travesty!].

The ADL also targets righteous people who expose what a Mein Kampf the Quran and the Sunnah are.

The ADL unrighteously usurps the role of a righteous Jewish organization [such as JTF, or the JDL of old] by taking up space, media time, donations, and other things which are given to the ADL by Jews who think the ADL is a pro-Jew organization.

I'm not sure how to compare Roger Waters to Abe Foxman in terms of who has more hatred for the Jews in their heart.  I am sure that Foxman, and every other Jew who heads up a farce of a Jewish organization which does squat for Jews, does more damage to the Jewish people.
Ditto 1000%. If I am not mistaken Foxman bragged about infiltrating the JDL. Chaim can fill you in on that for sure though.

The GayDL is an organization ostensibly dedicated to fighting anti-Semitism, but whose real mission is to do everything in its power to prevent Jews from fighting back against it. Evil like that doesn't grow on trees. The survival of the Jewish people worldwide is not jeopardized because of two-bit, washed-up stoner "musicians" who are having fun with a light show during their doped-out performances, but because of JINOs who are every bit as treacherous as the kapos who served the Nazis in the death camps.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2010, 10:15:48 PM »
Quote from: dbf
The GayDL is an organization ostensibly dedicated to fighting anti-Semitism, but whose real mission is to do everything in its power to prevent Jews from fighting back against it. Evil like that doesn't grow on trees. The survival of the Jewish people worldwide is not jeopardized because of two-bit, washed-up stoner "musicians" who are having fun with a light show during their doped-out performances, but because of JINOs who are every bit as treacherous as the kapos who served the Nazis in the death camps.

DBF,

It is a bit humorous to hear that from you, the one who constantly blathers on and on about the infidelities and immorality of all kinds of lame artists. Like Eminem who I had barely heard of in recent years until you started on a binge, spreading gossip and slander every day. You constantly bleat out the hatred you feel for artists like lady gaga, of whom most people I know don't know anything about. I truly think that there are more Pink Floyd fans in the world than there are Eminem fans, or even Eminem fans added to lady gaga fans.... Really it seems like comparing apples and oranges...

And basically spreading antisemitic libels are far more injurious to the world than sexual infidelity {which is serious in its own right}. The fact that Pink Floyd and Roger Waters are Mega Rock Stars who pull in more in a gig than all the bands you know pull in in a year. Maybe you didn't think before you spoke, as you often do...

I'll give you a chance to think this one over...