Author Topic: Vast Majority of Israeli Jews Believe In Deformed/Liberal "Conversions"  (Read 1633 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Most Israeli Jews Favor Non-Orthodox Conversions

http://www.jewishjournal.com/israel/article/israeli_jews_back_non-orthodox_conversions_poll_finds_20100928/

Oh please.

Have you ever known a more insane people on the planet? These are the numbskulls that were OK with freeing Samir Kuntar, letting 80,000 terrorists into Israel as part of Oslo, and ethnically cleansing 10,000 fellow Jews from their G-d-given birthright, but not Kahanism. So, in their eyes it was NOT okay for the most saintly rabbi of the past century to be active in Israel, but it is okay for these freaks of nature that call themselves "Jews" to be? And it's okay for Jews to destroy their Jewishness by marrying any old scum of the earth?

And no, this can't be pinned on the leaders. This was a poll of average Israelis, not Israeli government officials.

I have nothing more to say about this abomination.

Dr. Brennan Fan

Quote from: Jewish Journal
Israeli Jews back non-Orthodox conversions, poll finds

BY MARC BRODSKY, JTA

Nearly two-thirds of Israeli Jews believe that non-Orthodox converts to Judaism should be considered Jewish, a new Israeli government survey reveals.

The survey released Monday, which was commissioned by the Public Diplomacy and Diaspora Affairs Ministry to gauge Israelis’ perceptions of the Diaspora, found that 63 percent of Israeli Jews believe that those converted by non-Orthodox rabbis should be regarded as Jews. Some 30 percent believed they should not be seen as Jewish.

The findings put the general public at odds with religious authorities in Israel, which only partially recognizes conversions performed by non-Orthodox rabbis inside the country. Those converted by non-Orthodox rabbis outside Israel are automatically eligible for Israeli citizenship like other Jews.

Also, the survey found that 68 percent of Israeli Jews believe intermarried Jews should be considered part of the Jewish people, to 21 percent disagreeing.

Diaspora Affairs Minister Yuli Edelstein said he hoped the findings of the survey would bring the two communities closer together.

“Maybe following this in the political system, we can convince more people that whoever chose to go through a conversion in their community overseas in a Reform or Conservative manner and chose to join us here, we should choose to bring them closer and not push them away,” he told Israel Radio, according to Haaretz. “If we want to bring about unity ... we should not boycott or strong-arm anyone.”

The Reform and Conservative movements were among those fighting the Israeli parliament’s attempt this summer to pass a measure that would have tightened the Orthodox-run rabbinate’s control over conversions.

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Vast Majority of Israeli Jews Believe In Deformed/Liberal "Conversions"
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 09:40:07 PM »
Bullcrap.

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 09:58:17 PM »
now, as a moderate ( neither reform or orthodox), i have to side with the orthodox community on this one. if we let the reformists do conversions, any jack@ss can just join by just signing his name, its the equivalent of just giving amnesty to anyone jumping the border.

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 10:03:20 PM »
 :eat:

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 10:18:40 PM »
What a horror.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 10:39:56 PM »
I must disagree that people connect orthodox Judaism being hard Judaism and Reform as the easy version. Its not hard, its a life style outlined by the Bible.

We are not here in this world to suffer. Thats Hindusim. We are here to enjoy ourselves.

In real Judaism our garment fringers have color  (blue) today its plain white. The high priest wears a multitude of colors to day rabbis wear white and black.

Prayers were done out doors  in the temple with your wife with music and then a bbq.
There also were not as many sad days and fast days and mourning days. Hassidics have the trying to make it fun part the most correct IMO. I do disagree with their philosophy of clothing however.

But with all these things taken from us its still not that hard to be a religious Jew , my sister brings home many women converts .. BTW is it just me or most converts are women?

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 10:44:05 PM »
..Now im gonna go eat outside in my tent in this amazing 70 degree weather  and have and awesome late  dinner , and then read a little book under the stars till I fall asleep because thats what G-d commands LOL!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 10:46:38 PM »
..Now im gonna go eat outside in my tent in this amazing 70 degree weather  and have and awesome late  dinner , and then read a little book under the stars till I fall asleep because thats what G-d commands LOL!

CHAG SAMEACH!
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 11:14:04 PM »
I must disagree that people connect orthodox Judaism being hard Judaism and Reform as the easy version. Its not hard, its a life style outlined by the Bible.

We are not here in this world to suffer. Thats Hindusim. We are here to enjoy ourselves.

In real Judaism our garment fringers have color  (blue) today its plain white. The high priest wears a multitude of colors to day rabbis wear white and black.

Prayers were done out doors  in the temple with your wife with music and then a bbq.
There also were not as many sad days and fast days and mourning days. Hassidics have the trying to make it fun part the most correct IMO. I do disagree with their philosophy of clothing however.

But with all these things taken from us its still not that hard to be a religious Jew , my sister brings home many women converts .. BTW is it just me or most converts are women?

Women are supposed to have a closer connection to Hashem. I have heard it said that converts actually possess sparks of Jewish souls which stood at Sinai with the entire Jewish nation.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 12:37:25 AM »

Women are supposed to have a closer connection to Hashem. I have heard it said that converts actually possess sparks of Jewish souls which stood at Sinai with the entire Jewish nation.

Haha thanks.

Yea its strange.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 01:32:48 AM »
I don't think this is a legit poll result. Mind you DBF, that more than 50% of Israeli Jews are "somewhat" religious- that is either fully observant or masorti (a word that the conserved movement is trying to hijack as a name for itself).

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 01:35:10 AM »
Probably 2/3 of the Jews of the State of Tel Aviv, and not whole of Israel.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2010, 07:21:51 AM »
I thought most Israelis were secular.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2010, 07:35:46 AM »

Less than 40%.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2010, 09:30:37 AM »

Less than 40%.

Thanks for the update Ron. A lot of the reports we get over in the USA are pretty biased. I think a lot of evil people have some kind of agenda to paint Israelis as a bunch of atheists in order to lessen support for Israel.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 12:36:26 PM »
Thanks for the update Ron. A lot of the reports we get over in the USA are pretty biased. I think a lot of evil people have some kind of agenda to paint Israelis as a bunch of atheists in order to lessen support for Israel.
I believe this poll, considering how most Israelis felt on the issue of the "disengagement", the release of Samir Kuntar, the brutal expulsion of the Peace House, and other travesties.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2010, 12:49:45 AM »
I believe this poll, considering how most Israelis felt on the issue of the "disengagement", the release of Samir Kuntar, the brutal expulsion of the Peace House, and other travesties.
You don't know what you are talking about. This matter of conversion is entirely different issue of Israeli politics and the split line is different- Charedi parties for example which are rather quiet about things you mentioned in your last post, are aggressive and adamant when it comes to rejecting deform conversions. On the other hand, Lieberman and his party would probably love to support these "conversions" although they don't publicly say so to my knowledge (but they push for civil union law to circumvent the monopoly of religion over marriages in Israel).

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2010, 09:31:00 AM »
Lieberman is a piece of garbage.