Author Topic: Bad credit history-no job  (Read 1091 times)

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
Bad credit history-no job
« on: September 29, 2010, 06:39:00 PM »
Today I got a call from one of Fidelity's recruiters. She was talking about benefits at that institution and everything seemed alright. Job was really good pay (has to do with advising customer about stocks, bonds, mutual funds...) Well, I am counting in my head how much bonuses will I get when she asked me about my credit history :o :o No chance for me to get a job because my credit history has some negative things on it. At this point I am employed but unhappy with my job function. Any similar experiences???
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Bad credit history-no job
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 07:03:19 PM »
Today I got a call from one of Fidelity's recruiters. She was talking about benefits at that institution and everything seemed alright. Job was really good pay (has to do with advising customer about stocks, bonds, mutual funds...) Well, I am counting in my head how much bonuses will I get when she asked me about my credit history :o :o No chance for me to get a job because my credit history has some negative things on it. At this point I am employed but unhappy with my job function. Any similar experiences???
I have never had anyone in management actually admit they use credit history in their background checks but I am sure they do... The reasoning behind this is people who may have money problems tend to be a risk... Insurance companies have been using this information for some years now when they rate a policy holder... Some credit problems can be repaired you should look into what can be done.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 07:39:08 PM »
If it was a rating of how someone handled money, I think it would be relevant. However in reality all it's about is really how much debt you've had and paid that determines these kinds of things. You could be super rich and have a bad FICO score.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 07:48:56 PM »
If it was a rating of how someone handled money, I think it would be relevant. However in reality all it's about is really how much debt you've had and paid that determines these kinds of things. You could be super rich and have a bad FICO score.
It's like this ... From what I have been told people with poor credit history and money problems are more likely to be dishonest... Home owners who are about to loose their homes are more likely to burn it down and collect the insurance... I guess  employers feel if a person has money problems he or she is more likely to go after some easy money. Employers today will not hire people who have a history of domestic violence... You would be very surprised what stands in the way of many people getting a job.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 09:01:13 PM »
I think that many hard working people will find themselves in this situation due to their fault or because economy is going go ashes due to government intervention :o
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 09:22:52 PM »
I don't agree with these practices but you do have to consider how much identity theft comes from crooked bank employees. How many bottom-barrel tellers making $12/hr have been tempted by the possibility of "sharing" some personal info for a hundred bucks a pop?

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 08:34:30 AM »

Yes, its true some companies use credit reports. But they usualy don't tell you.
It's very easy for them to check your credit history without you knowing it. it doesn't cost them much either.

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 09:06:47 AM »
The company I work for didn't check credit, and my credit is horrible.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2010, 10:47:06 AM »
I have never had anyone in management actually admit they use credit history in their background checks but I am sure they do... The reasoning behind this is people who may have money problems tend to be a risk... Insurance companies have been using this information for some years now when they rate a policy holder... Some credit problems can be repaired you should look into what can be done.

If I have paid back the short-term liabilities from all creditors without exception. After I closed my old company I have had a few. Then I started new and was able to work me out of the debts. Did they have a problem with me then too? I ask because I will finish my bookkeeping certification in a few months. I will perhaps applie for a job - if they offer me enough salery.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2010, 04:19:43 PM »
I am happy to inform everyone that Miss Helen Waite is employed as my credit manager, and she is willing to assist anyone having this problem.

So if you need to establish credit, go to Helen Waite.      ;D

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 06:01:58 PM »
I am happy to inform everyone that Miss Helen Waite is employed as my credit manager, and she is willing to assist anyone having this problem.

So if you need to establish credit, go to Helen Waite.      ;D
Tell us little more about her? How did she help you?