Author Topic: New York Pro-Israel Protest : AFSI & Chabad represented  (Read 899 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
New York Pro-Israel Protest : AFSI & Chabad represented
« on: September 29, 2010, 05:01:51 PM »
This is some good news from New York. It seems that about 200 people gathered in front of the Israeli consulate in NYC to express support for ending the building freeze. I am happy that Chabad was represented...

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/139823

‘Anti-Freeze’ Protestors at Israeli Consulate: Not One Inch
Tishrei 21, 5771, 29 September 10 11:08
by Fern Sidman

(Israelnationalnews.com) Chants of "Not One Inch" could be heard in midtown Manhattan Tuesday afternoon as members of Americans For a Safe Israel (AFSI) joined forces with members of the Chabad-Lubavitch movement, representing the World Committee for the Land of Israel.

More than 200 people gathered outside the Israeli Consulate in a spirited demonstration of support for the abrogation of the 10-month moratorium on Jewish building throughout Judea and Samaria. The building freeze expired earlier this week.

The crowd held aloft signs saying, "No Freeze, No Appease, Bibi Stay Strong", "Build !! Don't Destroy Jewish Homes and Synagogues", "The Land of Israel Belongs to G-d: Do Not Relinquish it" and "Jerusalem, Hebron, Golan, Judea and Samaria: Ours Forever."

Helen Freedman, executive director of Americans for a Safe Israel told the supporters for Israel, "We are here today to celebrate the renewal of building in Israel. We congratulate Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu for resisting the pressure from President (Barack) Obama and (Palestinian Authority Chairman) Mahmoud Abbas to extend the construction freeze in Judea, Samaria and Jerusalem.

“We must call on Prime Minister Netanyahu to remember that nations rise and fall, but the Jewish people have maintained their right to the entire Land of Israel for nearly 4,000 years."

Interspersed during the speakers, Lubavitch members led the demonstrators in an emotional recitation of several chapters of Tehillim, prayers from the Book of Psalms; while beseeching G-d’s mercy and protection for the Jewish people and the land of Israel.

The male and female demonstrators were separated by a mechitza, according to Jewish law that prohibits unnecessary public mingling of genders. Young men from Lubavitch carried their sets of the Four Species, known in Hebrew as the Arba Minim, exhorting Jewish passersby to recite the blessing while holding them.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
Re: New York Pro-Israel Protest : AFSI & Chabad represented
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 06:19:17 PM »
 :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 06:29:56 PM »
Build, Build, Build!!

NEVER AGAIN!

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 06:36:27 PM »
I am thinking of joining Chabad. Do they have open houses, Muman?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 07:28:09 PM »

Yes, all Chabad houses are open to anyone who wants to join in the services...

I would find a Chabad house @ http://www.chabad.org

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 07:53:03 PM »

Yes, all Chabad houses are open to anyone who wants to join in the services...

I would find a Chabad house @ http://www.chabad.org

My experience with Chabad is that they are incredibly welcoming, and also have the best oneg/kiddush after services.  Happiness is a great mitzvah with Chabad!
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 06:42:01 PM »
Thank you Muman and Ari!