Author Topic: AWESOME Jewish Blues  (Read 405 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
AWESOME Jewish Blues
« on: October 13, 2010, 11:25:07 PM »
Hey Now!

Last Sunday I attended a concert at my 'liberal' synagogue. I do not daven there, but often I go on Sukkot and I recently discovered that they have bagel brunch on Sundays when I learned about this concert...

I discovered this Blues player named Saul Kaye who has done several Jewish Blues themed CDs...

Check out these videos:

Eliyahu:

Desert Blues:

Shema Coaleinu:

Sea of Reeds:

Moses Blues:

I recommend you watch a couple of these videos... This guy is awesome and I got to talk to him in person after the show. I have always like Blues and this guy has the style mastered.

http://saulkaye.com/index.html
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 11:46:46 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
Re: AWESOME Jewish Blues
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 11:37:26 PM »
im not that much of a blues person, but that was pretty good

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 11:40:10 PM »
im not that much of a blues person, but that was pretty good

Thank you... I am still listening to the CDs in my car when I drive to work... Every time I listen I look for the Jewish wisdom which is incorporated in the lyrics...

Saul did study for a year in a yeshiva in Jerusalem {Mayanot Yeshiva}...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 08:34:52 AM »
Re:  "Jew singing the "Blue" whatever that is?

I am deeply troubled by all of this!

Nowhere in Torah is mentioned the musical instrument of the Islamic Moors of Spain called the guitar.

And NOWHERE does Talmud mention the pianoforte invented by Austrian Christians for use in service of the Church of Rome.

How dare this "Blue Singer" use the very same instruments played in blasphemous celebration when our ancestors were burned alive and tortured by Inquisitors of the Catholic Church?

And worse!

Much worse than that! ...

"Jew sing "Blue" takes our sacred Hebrew Torah text and gives it back to the entire world as if it was just some drek - moving his hips and groin in a blatant sexual gesture to rhythms of the Negros who ate human flesh while David Melech Yisrael was composing Shiurim!

muman613!  Don't you see how you've been taken in!

You proclaim the sacred holiness of Torah but are so brainwashed by your years of Exile in the West that you are unable to recognize blasphemy?

If you disagree, then please show me anywhere in Torah where Jews are allowed to play the musical instruments of pagans and idolators who murdered and slaughtered our people for centuries!

This "Blue singer" or whatever he calls himself ... he couldn't play on a holy instrument like the Harp of David? ...

Perhaps what was good enough for David is not good enough for the "big shot" from northern California?

Yes!  OK!  The drums and cymbals are at least mentioned in Torah and Shiurim! ...

But where does it say the Children of Israel should now to offer praise and thanksgiving in the style of an African savage?

Heaven forfend!

And ... OMG!   OMG!

What kind of Jew changes his name to something like "Kaye"?

He's so ashamed the goyim might learn his name is really Korenblum or Kahen or even Kahane?

What!   He's selling Mary Kaye Cosmetics driving around in a pink cadillac like some San Francisco queer?

Rather that I should contract and die of leprosy than my eyes to witness such a disgrace as this!

I must go daven now, enter the mikveh, bathe and pray I never again am befouled with such as this "Jew singing "Blue" !