Author Topic: Mike Huckabee Speaking at Beit El Dinner  (Read 592 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Mike Huckabee Speaking at Beit El Dinner
« on: November 09, 2010, 11:46:45 PM »
This is great news... Our man Mike is going to speak at a dinner in New York held by the Friends of Beit El Yeshiva Center, and Arutz Shava in December. It should be very interesting what he says at this event.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/140550

Mike Huckabee and Malcolm Hoenlein to Speak At Beit El Dinner
Kislev 3, 5771, 10 November 10 08:14
by Tzvi Ben Gedalyahu

(Israelnationalnews.com)

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee and Malcolm Hoenlein, Executive Vice Chairman of the Conference of Presidents of Major Jewish Organizations, will deliver keynote addresses at the annual dinner of the American Friends of the Beit El Yeshiva Center and Arutz Sheva on Sunday Dec. 5 in Manhattan.

Huckabee has been outspoken in his support for Israel's rights to sovereignty over the disputed territories of Judea and Samaria, where Beit El is located. He has visited Israel 12 times and most recently toured sites in the eastern neighborhoods of Jerusalem and Judea and Samaria, accompanied by Dr. Joe Frager, a New York physician and chairman of the Jerusalem Reclamation Project.

Last year, Huckabee launched his unofficial campaign for the Republican presidential nomination in 2012 with a visit to the Har Bracha community in Samaria last year.

He said at the time that he understood the need for a Palestinian state, but that it should not interfere with the Jewish one. "There are many, many places where a homeland for the Palestinians could in fact take place that would be consistent with their roots," he explained. "But there is only one place on earth where the Jewish people could have a homeland that is consistent with their roots.

Regarding the freeze on Jewish construction imposed by U.S. President Barack Obama, Huckabee said on his tour, “My question is how would the government of the United States feel if Prime Minister Netanyahu began to dictate which people could live in the Bronx, which ones could live in Manhattan, and which could live in Queens." He compared Obama's policy to racial segregation.

Mr. Hoenlein has traveled throughout the world meeting with state leaders and Jewish communities.  He has written and lectured across the U.S. and abroad and is frequently consulted on public policy and Israel issues by high ranking American government officials.

Beit El Dinner

Chairman of the Board of American Friends of Beit El Eugen Gluck noted that with some 1,400 expected attendees, the Beit El/Arutz Sheva dinner is one of the largest and most prestigious functions of any Jewish organization. The dinner will be held on Sunday December 5 at the Marriot Marquis Hotel in Manhattan at 5pm.

The honorees this year are Rabbi Dr. Richard and Sandy Weiss of Hillcrest, NY, Dr. Joshua and Shifra Fox of Lawrence, NY, Dr. Joseph and Karen Frager of Jamaica Estates, NY, and Dr. Jeffrey and Esther Weber of Marine Park, Brooklyn.

For reservations and more information, contact Baruch Gordon:  [email protected]
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
Re: Mike Huckabee Speaking at Beit El Dinner
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 11:53:10 PM »
Quote from: muman613
He [Huckabee] said at the time that he understood the need for a Palestinian state, but that it should not interfere with the Jewish one. "There are many, many places where a homeland for the Palestinians could in fact take place that would be consistent with their roots," he explained. "But there is only one place on earth where the Jewish people could have a homeland that is consistent with their roots.

Regarding the freeze on Jewish construction imposed by U.S. President Barack Obama, Huckabee said on his tour, “My question is how would the government of the United States feel if Prime Minister Netanyahu began to dictate which people could live in the Bronx, which ones could live in Manhattan, and which could live in Queens." He compared Obama's policy to racial segregation.
Brilliant!  I love it!  I'll vote for him in a second!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 05:20:40 AM »
That last quote by huckabee can be seen as contradiction to his beliefs. He is justifying that if Obama can't dictate who can live in the Bronx or Harlem then Israel can't dictate that Arabs can't live in telaviv.

Quote from: muman613
He [Huckabee] said at the time that he understood the need for a Palestinian state, but that it should not interfere with the Jewish one. "There are many, many places where a homeland for the Palestinians could in fact take place that would be consistent with their roots," he explained. "But there is only one place on earth where the Jewish people could have a homeland that is consistent with their roots.

Brilliant!  I love it!  I'll vote for him in a second!
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 05:35:59 AM »
That last quote by huckabee can be seen as contradiction to his beliefs. He is justifying that if Obama can't dictate who can live in the Bronx or Harlem then Israel can't dictate that Arabs can't live in telaviv.

That's not the way I understand it. I think Huckabee means that, just as Obama wouldn't want Netanyahu to tell him who should live where in NYC, Obama should understand that Netanyahu doesn't want him to dictate where Jews can and cannot live in Israel. So Huckabee means that Obama should not interfere in matters where Israelis are supposed to be sovereign.