Author Topic: Mitch McConnell says Bush tax cuts will be extended  (Read 331 times)

Offline TheViper

• Senior JTFer
  • HOLA MI GENTE!
Mitch McConnell says Bush tax cuts will be extended
« on: December 05, 2010, 12:09:04 PM »
Senate GOP leader Mitch McConnell said Sunday he believes the so-called Bush tax cuts will be extended for all Americans before the end of the year.

The only question, McConnell told NBC's "Meet the Press," is how much longer the cuts will be continued.

"I think it's pretty clear now that taxes are not going up on anybody in the middle of this recession,'" McConnell said. "It isn't going to happen."

His comments come a day after Senate Republicans voted down a Democratic measure that would have extended the tax cuts, but only for the middle class.

Speaking at the White House yesterday, President Obama called the vote "very disappointing" but hinted he is willing to cut a deal with Republicans. The GOP is pushing for a permanent extension of the Bush tax cuts for all Americans, including the wealthy, before they expire at the end of the year. But on Sunday, McConnell hinted Republicans might accept a temporary extension. One proposal floated by the White House would extend all the tax cuts for three years.

"We're discussing how long we should maintain the current rates," McConnell said. He said he was "optimistic" the two sides could reach an agreement. "I think we're going to get there," he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket/20101205/pl_yblog_theticket/mitch-mcconnell-says-bush-tax-cuts-will-be-extended
☞I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice☜

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Mitch McConnell says Bush tax cuts will be extended
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 02:00:15 PM »
I hope they are extended, but all I see is the Left being obstinate and self-motivated to shut us down!