Author Topic: Ron Paul Defends Wikileaks & Assange  (Read 865 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Ron Paul Defends Wikileaks & Assange
« on: December 05, 2010, 10:34:47 AM »
Well, you wikileaks supporters have found a politician who supports the Wikileaks.... His name is Ron Paul....

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20024605-503544.html

December 3, 2010 6:13 PM
Ron Paul Defends WikiLeaks Founder's Rights
Posted by Mary Dooe

Republican Rep. Ron Paul of Texas is standing up for the founder of WikiLeaks, going against many of his Republican colleagues by defending Assange's leaks of secret American documents.

In a Thursday interview with Fox Business, Paul said that Julian Assange should get the same kind of protections as the mainstream media when it comes to releasing information.

"In a free society we're supposed to know the truth," Paul said. "In a society where truth becomes treason, then we're in big trouble. And now, people who are revealing the truth are getting into trouble for it."

"This is media, isn't it? I mean, why don't we prosecute The New York Times or anybody that releases this?" he added.

Many of Paul's Republican colleagues have voiced their outrage towards Assange, including former Gov. Mike Huckabee, who said Tuesday that the site's founder should be tried for treason and even face the death penalty. Democrats have also been vocal critics of Assange.

Paul gives me a good idea... We should shut down the NYT, that evil rag...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentagon_papers

The Pentagon Papers, officially titled United States–Vietnam Relations, 1945–1967: A Study Prepared by the Department of Defense, was a top-secret United States Department of Defense history of the United States' political-military involvement in Vietnam from 1945 to 1967. The papers were first brought to the attention of the public on the front page of the New York Times in 1971.[1] A 1996 article in the New York Times said that the Pentagon Papers "demonstrated, among other things, that the Johnson Administration had systematically lied, not only to the public but also to Congress, about a subject of transcendent national interest and significance".[2]
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Ron Paul Defends Wikileaks & Assange
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 01:59:18 PM »
This little Dude Paul,  reminds me of Ross Perot.  Actually these leaks hinder our ability to gather intelligence, because it has made other countries mad about what we said.  Hillary is responsible for alot of this.  She isn't running for office again, so she says.

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
  • The Greatest Jewish Sage
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 02:09:21 PM »
So what if Ron Paul supports him?

A broken clock is still right at least twice a day!

So if Osama Bin Laden condemns Obama as tool of the Zionists, does that mean we have to support Obama?
“You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes”- Maimonides

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 02:11:24 PM »
I am a vegan and Hitler was too. Wow isn't it cool ?

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 02:42:03 PM »
Who Ron Paul is is irrelevant.   Does he make a good point or not?   In this case, he does.   Care to offer some kind of logical challenge to it?     If not, prepare to send the NY times journalists to prison with this other clown.   Because what he is doing is not illegal!   

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 02:46:39 PM »
Who Ron Paul is is irrelevant.   Does he make a good point or not?   In this case, he does.   Care to offer some kind of logical challenge to it?     If not, prepare to send the NY times journalists to prison with this other clown.   Because what he is doing is not illegal!   

Do you know this for a fact?

And since when where you a big defended of the NYT? They have been consistently anti-Israel for as long as I remember..

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 03:03:47 PM »

And since when where you a big defended of the NYT? They have been consistently anti-Israel for as long as I remember..

It's apparent to me that you just don't understand what real civil liberties are.

I do NOT defend the NY times nazis.    Nonetheless, the PROFESSION OF JOURNALISM is not subject to prosecution for locating sources and then publishing information.  THAT IS THEIR JOB.   

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 03:36:50 PM »

It's apparent to me that you just don't understand what real civil liberties are.

I do NOT defend the NY times nazis.    Nonetheless, the PROFESSION OF JOURNALISM is not subject to prosecution for locating sources and then publishing information.  THAT IS THEIR JOB.   

What makes Wikileaks journalists? Aren't those jihadists who write pro-jihadi propaganda also journalists?

Also simply posting classified diplomatic reports does not constitute journalism.

Do these leaked documents reveal that a crime has been committed? What was the intention of the leak? Have these questions been answered?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2010, 03:56:54 PM »
"In a society where truth becomes treason, then we're in big trouble. And now, people who are revealing the truth are getting into trouble for it."

I hate to admit it but he has a point.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2010, 04:01:26 PM »
"In a society where truth becomes treason, then we're in big trouble. And now, people who are revealing the truth are getting into trouble for it."

I hate to admit it but he has a point.

Do you believe that there are some truths which should not be known by enemies?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2010, 04:05:48 PM »
While I don't like Ron Paul, he makes a good point.

Well, you wikileaks supporters have found a politician who supports the Wikileaks.... His name is Ron Paul....

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20024605-503544.html

December 3, 2010 6:13 PM
Ron Paul Defends WikiLeaks Founder's Rights
Posted by Mary Dooe

Republican Rep. Ron Paul of Texas is standing up for the founder of WikiLeaks, going against many of his Republican colleagues by defending Assange's leaks of secret American documents.

In a Thursday interview with Fox Business, Paul said that Julian Assange should get the same kind of protections as the mainstream media when it comes to releasing information.

"In a free society we're supposed to know the truth," Paul said. "In a society where truth becomes treason, then we're in big trouble. And now, people who are revealing the truth are getting into trouble for it."

"This is media, isn't it? I mean, why don't we prosecute The New York Times or anybody that releases this?" he added.

Many of Paul's Republican colleagues have voiced their outrage towards Assange, including former Gov. Mike Huckabee, who said Tuesday that the site's founder should be tried for treason and even face the death penalty. Democrats have also been vocal critics of Assange.

Paul gives me a good idea... We should shut down the NYT, that evil rag...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentagon_papers

The Pentagon Papers, officially titled United States–Vietnam Relations, 1945–1967: A Study Prepared by the Department of Defense, was a top-secret United States Department of Defense history of the United States' political-military involvement in Vietnam from 1945 to 1967. The papers were first brought to the attention of the public on the front page of the New York Times in 1971.[1] A 1996 article in the New York Times said that the Pentagon Papers "demonstrated, among other things, that the Johnson Administration had systematically lied, not only to the public but also to Congress, about a subject of transcendent national interest and significance".[2]

If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2010, 04:42:08 PM »

What makes Wikileaks journalists? 

In the sense that they have access to govt sources which were leaked by a source of theirs, and then they share that information with the public.    That's really what journalism is, but they usually don't have such a goldmine as a source!   (And the source usually spreads the information legally, although not always).

Aren't those jihadists who write pro-jihadi propaganda also journalists? 

Um, yes, they work for Al-Jazeera and NYT the AP, CNN, and other news outlets.

Also simply posting classified diplomatic reports does not constitute journalism. 

Please describe the function of a journalist.

Do these leaked documents reveal that a crime has been committed? What was the intention of the leak? Have these questions been answered?   

It appears that someone who leaks classified documents to the press is indeed committing a crime, yes.   But the press reporting on them is not a crime as far as I know, because the documents were already made public by this individual who leaked them.   Wikileaks happens to be the "exclusive" recipient of the information (there is always someone who gets the scoop first), and the ones with the balls to publish it too.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2010, 06:09:00 PM »
What can I say... that Nazi is finally right on something.