Author Topic: MOST EUROPEAN COUNTRIES ANTI JEWISH EXCEPT ITALY  (Read 2699 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
MOST EUROPEAN COUNTRIES ANTI JEWISH EXCEPT ITALY
« on: May 31, 2007, 01:28:23 PM »
http://www.ejpress.org/article/news/france/16753     

Many Europeans still anti-Jewish, according to new report 

EJP Updated: 14/May/2007 20:45

Page tools 
 Email to friend 
 Print this page 
 Bookmark this page 

JERUSALEM (EJP)---A large number of Europeans continue to develop "classical" anti-Jewish attitudes and prejudices, and in some cases anti-Semitic sentiments are rising, according to a new report released Monday by the Anti-Defamation League (ADL).

"Attitudes Toward Jews and the Middle East in Five European Countries" is a survey of France, Italy, Germany, Spain, and Poland.

It revealed that a plurality of Europeans believe Jews are more loyal to Israel than to their country and that they have too much power in business and finance.

"Millions of Europeans continue to accept a wide range of traditional anti-Semitic stereotypes and conspiracy theories, including the charge that Jews are more loyal to Israel than to their home country. These attitudes help incite and legitimize anti-Semitism, including violence against Jews, and give us great concern," said Abraham H. Foxman, ADL National Director.

He added: "We are not surprised to find that a high percentage of the respondents in Spain and Poland hold negative views of Jews. Given each country’s history of animus towards Jews, it appears that anti-Semitism is ingrained in the fabric of each society."
Large portions of those surveyed believe Jews talk "too much about what happened to them in the Holocaust."

Powerful Jews

The opinion survey of 2,714 adults – slightly more than 500 in each of the five countries – found an increase in negative attitudes toward Jews, or in some instances no change, from its 2005 findings.

It was conducted March 21–April 16, 2007.

On the matter of perceived Jewish control over government policy, the ADL found that nearly half of all respondents think "American Jews control U.S. Middle Eastern policy."

"Jews are not as powerful as they think we are," said Foxman in response to the finding, adding that Jews in the US "want to exercise power and influence just like anyone else."

Foxman said "the survey shows that there are relations between views on Israel and opinions on Jews," although he could not explain the exact link between the two.

Furthermore, the research indicates that Germans are most likely to believe that anti-Jewish feelings are responsible for violence against Jews, while Spain was the only country to have a plurality which believes anti-Israel sentiments are responsible for such violence.

In all the countries surveyed, most people believe governments are doing "enough" to ensure the security of Jewish citizens.

Palestinian sympathy

In general, Europeans in the countries surveyed sympathize more with the Palestinians than with the Israelis, with the exception of Italy, but most respondents said they did not favour any side.
However, a relative majority in all five countries believe the Islamic Hamas movement is a terrorist organisation, and support the EU boycott on financial aid to the Palestinian government.

Similarly, nearly half of those surveyed think the Lebanese Hezbollah movement is a terrorist group, although a majority believes Israel was wrong in using military force in Lebanon last summer.

Asked about Iran’s nuclear development, a majority believe Iran is developing a nuclear weapon and strongly support sanctions against Iran.

The last poll of Europe by the ADL was conducted in 2005. The ADL says certain "traditional anti-Semitic stereotypes" have gained acceptance in the last two years, and only Germany did not exhibit any increase in negative attitudes.

The Anti-Defamation League is a world leading organisation fighting anti-Semitism through programs and services that counteract hatred, prejudice and bigotry.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 01:30:33 PM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: MOST EUROPEAN COUNTRIES ANTI JEWISH EXCEPT ITALY
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 01:33:48 PM »
ME TOO
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 01:37:29 PM »
I USED TO BE ANGLOPHILE TILL I REALIZED THE EXTENT OF THE ANTI JEWISH FEELINGS THERE.All the people of the U.K. i ever met whether here or in the U.K never expressed that dislike to me.

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Dissenter

• Full JTFer
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 01:41:27 PM »
http://www.ejpress.org/article/news/france/16753

What are we supposed to think of an Anti-Defecation League report that doesn't so much as mention the role of European Muslims in European anti-Semitism?

Offline Dissenter

• Full JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 01:45:15 PM »
"Millions of Europeans continue to accept a wide range of traditional anti-Semitic stereotypes and conspiracy theories, including the charge that Jews are more loyal to Israel than to their home country. These attitudes help incite and legitimize anti-Semitism, including violence against Jews, and give us great concern," said Abraham H. Foxman, ADL National Director.

Foxman added: "Oy! Oy! Don't hurt me! Please don't hurt meeeee!!!!!" ;D

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 01:53:26 PM »
Foxman added: "Oy! Oy! Don't hurt me! Please don't hurt meeeee!!!!!"
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What are we supposed to think of an Anti-Defecation League report that doesn't so much as mention the role of European Muslims in European anti-Semitism?

TRUE

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 02:07:41 PM »
Well I am from Italian background and you will not find a bigger friend to the Jews then the Italians, I being one of them thats for sure.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 02:31:54 PM »
My first loyalty is to the Jewish people, and yes, this tops any loyalty to America I feel. Do a majority of Jews feel this way, probably, and I certainly hope so.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2007, 03:26:35 PM »
America has been very kind to the Jewish people, and if Jews live there they should be loyal to the American nation, so long as it in no way harms the Jewish people.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Bannedfan

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2007, 03:32:54 PM »
America has been kinder to the Jews on average than most other countries--much more than many, but I don't know if I would quite say "kind".

As for Italy, the government IS anti-Semitic. Romano Prodi is a New World Order extreme left-wing globalist.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2007, 04:01:49 AM »
"Foxman said "the survey shows that there are relations between views on Israel and opinions on Jews," although he could not explain the exact link between the two. "

Couldn't explain?! Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! Could it be because an antisemite loves to wrap himself into the anti-Zionist flag?

Offline AussieJTFer

• Pro JTFer
    • AussieJTFer's Youtube Channel
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2007, 05:17:00 AM »
The Italians by enlarge have always been magnificent, creative and culturual people. However, they have an extremely large communist element based in Tuscany. There is also a small fascist element remaning in Italy in the north and in parts of Rome. The major parties however, such as Berlusconi's Forza Italia and even the former fascist aligned Alleanza Nazionale 's members are very pro Israel. Even the centre-left Prodi and his government aren't that bad in comparison to scum like Blair, the Irish republicans who are massive PLO supporters and pretty much every northern european nation's government.
The Italians and the Czechs are the only Europeans worth the light of day, the rest of them deserve all the muslims they get.