Author Topic: Turkey 'wants to repair ties with Israel'- latest BBC worldnews report  (Read 900 times)

Offline Shabbes Goy

• New JTFer
British Broadcasting CorporationHome
26 December 2010 Last updated at 09:28 ET  "Turkey 'wants to repair ties with Israel'"
The Mavi Marmara, attacked in May, got a rapturous reception in Istanbul

Turkey's foreign minister says he wants to repair ties with Israel, damaged when Israeli troops killed eight Turks and a Turkish-US national amid clashes on a pro-Palestinian aid ship in May.

Ahmet Davutoglu reiterated that Israel must apologise for the deaths, which led Turkey to withdraw its ambassador.

Israel, which insists the commandos fired in self-defence, said it was also seeking better relations with Ankara.

Meanwhile, crowds have welcomed the ship, Mavi Marmara, back to Istanbul.

The two nations have had 15 years of good relations, including a number of military and trade pacts, and have held talks in Geneva recently to try to restore ties.

But the talks foundered, reportedly because Israel refused to apologise for the 31 May raid.

'Unchanged goal'

"Turkish citizens have been killed in international waters, nothing can cover up this truth," said Mr Davutoglu.

"We want to both preserve relations and defend our rights. If our friendship with Israel is to continue, the way for it is to apologise and offer compensation."

He said Turkish attempts to repair ties - including helping Israel tackle devastating forest fires - had not been reciprocated.

Israeli foreign ministry spokesman Yigal Palmor said improving the relationship was an "unchanged goal".

He said Israel's record in sending humanitarian aid to Turkey "speaks in a much more truthful and friendly manner than this statement by the Turkish foreign minister".

The Mavi Marmara, which has been undergoing repairs, sailed back to its home port of Istanbul on Sunday afternoon.

Large crowds, including family members of the nine killed activists, greeted the vessel in a ceremony organised by the activists who sent it.

The Mavi Marmara was part of an aid flotilla which was trying to break the Israeli naval blockade of the Gaza Strip.

A blockade has been imposed on the Gaza Strip by Israel and Egypt since the Islamist militant group, Hamas, seized control in 2007.

In the wake of the outcry over the raid, Israel began allowing most consumer items into Gaza, but still maintains a complete air and naval blockade, limits the movement of people, and bans exports.

Israel says the measures are needed to stop weapons being smuggled to militants, but the UN says they amount to collective punishment of Gaza's 1.5 million people.

Offline The proud Jew

• Pro JTFer
Re: Turkey 'wants to repair ties with Israel'- latest BBC worldnews report
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 12:02:36 PM »
How about those muslim animal turks pay compensation for the 1million armenians they killed and the brutal massacares of the kurds!

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 12:15:20 PM »
So, Shabbes GOY who pretends to be Jewish, by quoting the viciously anti-Israel BBC without any comment, what exactly is your point ? Do you actually support the BBC's views on Israel ?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 12:52:18 PM by yaakov mendel »

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 12:35:50 PM »
YMS to turkey. They have the gall to demand apologies after they have supported hamas who wants to destroy Israel. May a terrible earthquake devastate Ankara with no hope for its future.  >:(
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 12:39:14 PM »
It is such disgusting statement.

Turkey was clearly the aggressor in this conflict and the whole boat trip was paid by the AKP islamist extremists. And now the demand compensation and an apology?

Muslims are mentally ill people. I think this patients really believe that they are victims.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Shabbes Goy

• New JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 01:07:51 PM »
@yaakov mendel: I do not know what the BBC Worldnews' views are on Israel as I suspect that you do not accurately know what they are either; unless it comes from CBP, you call it Nazi.  I am intelligent enough to separate the hard news from editorial commentary.  I suggest that you try it also.  I do not care where hard news comes from.  I separate the wheat from the chaff.  I will listen to Al Jezeera and Democracy Now as well as the Washington Times and put it all together.  I do know that the BBC was the only world news organization to immediately and accurately report on the assassination of the GREAT Eugene Terreblanche of South Africa's AWB, my personal hero.  If you held your breath for the other "great" news organizations to report on it, you would have turned blue.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 01:42:31 PM by Shabbes Goy »

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2010, 01:35:09 PM »
@yaakov mendel: I do not know what the BBC Worldnews' views are on Israel
Then you are a very ignorant man. Anyone with a little knowledge and judgement about the media treatment of Israel and the Middle East knows very well that the BBC has been viciously anti-Israel for a long time. They are notorious for that.

I am intelligent enough to separate the hard news from editorial commentary.
So you say.

I will listen to Al Jezeera and Democracy Now.
I don't doubt that.

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2010, 01:40:13 PM »
Repair ties with Turkey: Here's my response: Gei Tren Zich, Coch Zich Oys, Kush Mich En Tuches.... Get the picture? :::D For those of you who need my Yiddish translated, please ask. I assure you some colorful responses! :::D

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2010, 02:38:18 PM »
How about those muslim animal turks pay compensation for the 1million armenians they killed and the brutal massacares of the kurds!

I agree. Turkey is a disgusting country and I hope that one day, God curses them with another earthquake.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2010, 02:44:12 PM »
So, Shabbes GOY who pretends to be Jewish, by quoting the viciously anti-Israel BBC without any comment, what exactly is your point ? Do you actually support the BBC's views on Israel ?

chill out, no need to explode over someone citing an enemy news source

@yaakov mendel: I do not know what the BBC Worldnews' views are on Israel as I suspect that you do not accurately know what they are either; unless it comes from CBP, you call it Nazi.  I am intelligent enough to separate the hard news from editorial commentary.  I suggest that you try it also.  I do not care where hard news comes from.  I separate the wheat from the chaff.  I will listen to Al Jezeera and Democracy Now as well as the Washington Times and put it all together.  I do know that the BBC was the only world news organization to immediately and accurately report on the assassination of the GREAT Eugene Terreblanche of South Africa's AWB, my personal hero.  If you held your breath for the other "great" news organizations to report on it, you would have turned blue.

Yes, BBC is very anti-israel. its fine to look at BBC, just keep in mind that they're a bunch of anti-semites.
Quote from: yaakov mendel
Quote from: Shabbes Goy
I don't doubt that.

shouldn't that count as knowing your enemy?

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2010, 03:05:12 PM »
I think Chaim Jr.'s time here is up.

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2010, 03:08:33 PM »

chill out, no need to explode over someone citing an enemy news source

My reaction comes nowhere near an "explosion". I am just asking a question. By the way, I don't need to chill out, I am feeling fine, but thank you for your kind consideration.

Quote from: yaakov mendel
Quote from: Shabbes Goy
I don't doubt that.

shouldn't that count as knowing your enemy?

That's not what this guy says. The guy says the truth sort of lies in between Al Jazeera and the Washington Times : "I will listen to Al Jezeera and Democracy Now as well as the Washington Times and put it all together." Tell me, how kahanist does this sound to you, "Kahanist liberal" ?
By the way, before you take the initiative to be Shabbes Goy's chaperon, I suggest you take a look at his thread on the alleged impossibility of bombarding concentration camps and the railways leading to them during WWII.

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2010, 03:13:10 PM »
@yaakov mendel: I do not know what the BBC Worldnews' views are on Israel as I suspect that you do not accurately know what they are either; unless it comes from CBP, you call it Nazi.  

Bubkes.