Author Topic: Ask the Noachide  (Read 71073 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Ask the Noachide
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2011, 01:26:55 AM »
I wonder why anyone would encourage someone to eat pork... That is really odd.

Do not try to tempt a Noachide toward gentile foods. If this Noachide indeed wants to be a Jew you are putting a stumbling block before him. I am sorry if this is harsh RS, but I am ashamed of what you are doing...

Noachide, I am a Baal Teshuva who has returned to my Jewish faith and taken on more Jewish observance. In the years I have been exposed to the gentile life here, I developed a taste for bacon and ham.... I have abstained from both that, and the forbidden combination of milk and meat for almost eight years to this day.

Do not even try it if you ever want to make the full conversion... You will thank me if you stay away from it...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2011, 08:27:15 AM »
I wonder why anyone would encourage someone to eat pork... That is really odd.

Lean pork is just as healthy as lean beef or chicken or turkey. I suggested it as a psychological break from Islam, and everything I've read said that his current religious status would permit its consumption.

Do not try to tempt a Noachide toward gentile foods. If this Noachide indeed wants to be a Jew you are putting a stumbling block before him. I am sorry if this is harsh RS, but I am ashamed of what you are doing...

He never said he wanted to be Jewish before I said that. He is a gentile. Of course if he stated that intention to convert I wouldn't suggest that.

Now that he has I wouldn't suggest it again.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 08:32:39 AM by Rubystars »

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2011, 08:29:38 AM »
As for islamic break, I do drink sometimes :)

Ok good for you! Just don't go overboard! I've had a bottle of wine for a couple of years and haven't touched it, I keep planning to get around to it eventually.  ;D

I'm not going to ask you to do anything you don't feel comfortable with... it was just a suggestion but if you don't want to that's fine too.

Are you a Jew?

No
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 08:48:04 AM by Rubystars »

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2011, 09:19:07 AM »
Dear Noachide, what kind of music do you like?

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2011, 07:30:02 PM »
Dear Noachide, what kind of music do you like?

symphonic power metal, progressive metal, black metal, grindcore, delta blues, 60's classic rock.
I'm an avid symphonic black metal addict. So much variety! and non mainstream.

Here's a couple stuff to get the idea.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2011, 07:42:05 PM »
Listen to Ammaseffer...

Heavy Metal with a Jewish theme!!!

Land of the Dead :

Slaves for Life :

The Burning Bush :

Ten Plagues :

Birth of Deliverance :
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2011, 08:03:08 PM »
Awesome. there are Metalheads in this site. Thx for those videos.
Metal bands from Israel are growing in number. Winterhorde and Orphan Land are great Israeli bands.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2011, 08:30:31 AM »
I like some metal too. It kind of varies from song to song though.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2011, 08:21:41 AM »
One thing I'm curious about. Why do Muslims completely freak out if someone draws a picture of Mohammed, saying it's idolatry, but don't have a problem worshipping a black rock?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2011, 09:45:05 PM »
One more question... do you like Pirates or Ninjas better?

I tend to prefer pirates ARRRRRRR!!!! but why is the rum gone?

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2011, 10:38:22 AM »
One thing I'm curious about. Why do Muslims completely freak out if someone draws a picture of Mohammed, saying it's idolatry, but don't have a problem worshipping a black rock?

I'm not the best person to answer this as I was a moderate/secular Muslim so here goes: In general, muslims are very sensitive people when it comes to their religion. Images, pork food, alcohol, even if a muslim woman is seen without a headscarf in public, muslims would go outrage.
They believe someday all humans will be muslim when the messiah comes to destroy all other religions. If you notice many muslim families often produce high number of children and stray away from important sufficient goals like not sending their children through college due to lack of funds or can't even make decisions for themselves because their parents won't let them.

Their religion claims all the prophets beginning from the first man Adam were all muslim, claims islam is the only first religion, it claims Ishmael was the sacrificed son of Abraham instead of Isaac, claims Adam built the kabaa, got destroyed, then Abraham came and built the kabaa. At one point it used to contain 360 idols inside after muhammed came along destroyed the idols. Too much violence littered throughout islamic history in the early stages during those times in this brutal despicable religion.

I just can't see myself following in a religion that dictates unfair harsh rules towards people of different faiths and have a bloat load of violent history towards innocent victims in such a measly 1431 year old religion. I believe everyone should be treated equal unlike dhimmi status 2nd class citizens in mideast countries.
One dangerous belief that some know is muslims are permitted to lie to people as long they are from another faith.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2011, 01:05:40 PM »
That was a really great post! Thank you for sharing all that great information. I believe that you are for real, but if someone says they left Islam, how do we know they're telling the truth? Barack Obama for example, he is supposed to be a Muslim apostate, but people on JTF mostly believe he still is a Muslim.

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2011, 02:22:52 PM »
That was a really great post! Thank you for sharing all that great information. I believe that you are for real, but if someone says they left Islam, how do we know they're telling the truth? Barack Obama for example, he is supposed to be a Muslim apostate, but people on JTF mostly believe he still is a Muslim.

good question, I have pictures to prove that I traveled to Jerusalem this past summer on a archaeological and holy journey six months ago. I visited the Kotel and told Jews there that I became a Noachide. Believe it or not, I wore the kappah and prayed at the Wailing wall.

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2011, 02:23:49 PM »
One more question... do you like Pirates or Ninjas better?

Ninjas

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2011, 03:03:04 PM »
good question, I have pictures to prove that I traveled to Jerusalem this past summer on a archaeological and holy journey six months ago. I visited the Kotel and told Jews there that I became a Noachide. Believe it or not, I wore the kappah and prayed at the Wailing wall.

Oh ok. :)

Sometimes people have said they left it and I wonder about it, but I do believe you. You seem like a nice person.

Ninjas

Why do you like ninjas better?

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2011, 03:50:41 PM »
Ninjas look stylish cool with the swords and martial arts doing imaginary stuff like teleporting.
A pirate to me is more of a nomad roaming around sea to sea.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2011, 08:08:46 AM »
Ninjas look stylish cool with the swords and martial arts doing imaginary stuff like teleporting.
A pirate to me is more of a nomad roaming around sea to sea.

I love the quote from Captain Jack Sparrow though about "follow that horizon!" Very free and liberating... of course, real pirates were just scoundrels. lol I like fictional pirates though.

I do like how ninjas can move around quietly though! Sneaking through the shadows, assasins lurking... kind of scary!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2011, 08:17:37 AM »
Do you see Noahidism as a valid religion in itself for people or just a stepping stone, or in-between point, to conversion to Judaism?

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2011, 12:34:36 PM »
Do you see Noahidism as a valid religion in itself for people or just a stepping stone, or in-between point, to conversion to Judaism?

I see it as an external universal belief within Judaism. I'd say a stepping stone. I found Judaism to be much harder to convert than I thought a couple years ago.
I'm surprised no one asked me how I discovered the religion.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2011, 04:24:39 PM »
I see it as an external universal belief within Judaism. I'd say a stepping stone. I found Judaism to be much harder to convert than I thought a couple years ago.
I'm surprised no one asked me how I discovered the religion.

Ok, how did you discover it?

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2011, 06:47:27 PM »
Ok, how did you discover it?

About 5 years ago, I stumbled upon Jewish history in my parents homeland county Yemen. At that time I would socialize with my yemenite jewish neighbors at work each day they got off school. I knew nothing about Judaism or how Jews ended up in Yemen. When I researched its country's history I was fascinated about the tribe of Dan that settled in my homeland after the destruction of the Solomon temple in nebudazener times the Jews were dispersed and ended up in my country and brought Jewish culture fused with Yemenite traditions and customs.

I found the Jews in that country practice a preserved form of Judaism kept thousands of years as I notice the Tefillin worn were much original ritually and differed a lot among the Jews in the whole population. I found Yemenite Jews are the few Jews that kept the original traditional rituals preserved to this day. From this point on, I became eager about Judaism and discovered many surprises.
This is what fascinated me about Judaism for over a 3 thousand year old religion and to find that the nationality of my Yemenite people have a minority people following an ancient mysterious religion turned out I want to follow Hashem with Mitzvots in the true faith.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2011, 01:39:21 PM »
That's an interesting story. Thanks for sharing it.

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2011, 11:18:18 PM »
visual info on the tribe

several downsides I dislike yemen:
3rd world nation
It continues to have a staggering high birth rate in an already high population.
addiction to khat leaves is very common to all age groups including children.
it's a dangerous environment in some parts especially where the Jewish tribe lives.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2011, 01:24:03 AM »
I always loved the Yemenites for their letting their Peyos grow long...

We share that trait with Yemenites... My family comes from Ukraine where the Breslov Chassidic sect also kept the custom to grow the peyos... I have let mine grow for almost 4 years now...

Even Matisyahu has grown his recently:

Rabbi Lazer Brody of Breslov Yeshiva :

Who is this guy?

I don't know them:

Maybe it is actually Rabbi Shalom Arush, though I am not sure..

Rabbi Shalom Arush of Breslev:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 01:29:58 AM by muman613 »

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2011, 11:32:46 AM »
Any video gamers here?