Author Topic: African migrants protest Israeli detention center  (Read 1123 times)

Offline TheViper

• Senior JTFer
  • HOLA MI GENTE!
African migrants protest Israeli detention center
« on: December 24, 2010, 12:51:23 PM »
JERUSALEM – Hundreds of Israelis and African migrants marched down Tel Aviv's main boulevard on Friday to protest a government plan to build a detention facility to hold those who enter the country illegally.

The government estimates that more than 30,000 Africans, mostly from Sudan and Eritrea, have entered Israel through the porous southern border with Egypt since 2005.

The Africans say they are fleeing conflict and poverty in their countries in hopes of finding relief and jobs in Israel.

"I have had enough of people calling us terrorists and that we are sick and bring disease to the state of Israel," Mubarak Saleh, 17, a refugee from Darfur, told the crowd in Hebrew. "I am asking for the possibility to stay here until our countries are safe to return."

But many in Israel think the migrants are overwhelming the small state and threatening the country's Jewish character.

In poor neighborhoods of Tel Aviv where they are concentrated, Jewish neighbors say crime rates have gone up as the Africans cram into tiny apartments or sleep on cardboard boxes on the ground inside the vegetable markets.

Still, many Israelis say the government should not turn away people fleeing repression, noting the country's own role in sheltering Holocaust survivors after World War II.

Last month, Israel announced plans for the detention center and began construction of a fence along long stretches of the Egyptian border.

The migrants began to cross the Israeli-Egyptian border in 2005, after Egypt violently quashed a demonstration by a group of Sudanese refugees in Cairo, killing several people.

They continue to face treacherous journeys as they make their way through Egypt's Sinai desert. The Israeli branch of Physicians for Human Rights recently issued a report in which migrants described suffering torture, rape and abuse at the hands of Bedouin smugglers on their way to Israel.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101224/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_israel_migrants
☞I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice☜

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
Re: African migrants protest Israeli detention center
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 02:54:24 AM »
Send them all back without exception.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 03:31:57 AM »
Muslims must be in every case deportet - even the small ones and females are dangerous. This is a question of life and death for us.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 04:55:10 AM »
I don't agree with detention. I prefer immediate deportation for illegal immigrants. But those who really escape persecution (mostly by Muslims) should be helped to go to another country. Israel is too small to grant them asylum.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 06:32:50 AM »
We should dump them on Aza.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 06:40:20 AM »
Africa will always be dangerous, it will never be safe. There is no "let us stay until its safe". That's BS! They will destroy Israel if allowed to flood in like that.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2010, 07:29:49 AM »
"I have had enough of people calling us terrorists and that we are sick and bring disease to the state of Israel," Mubarak Saleh, 17, a refugee from Darfur, told the crowd in Hebrew. "I am asking for the possibility to stay here until our countries are safe to return."

Well, Israel should tell them beggars can't be choosers... It's the detention center or deportation...  Allowing people like this into Israels general population is toxic...
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2010, 07:50:18 AM »
Africa will always be dangerous, it will never be safe. There is no "let us stay until its safe". That's BS! They will destroy Israel if allowed to flood in like that.

Israel has pandering leaders who don't protect her - so I'm not surprised that they allow Africans to enter by the thousands.  As if Isael doesn't have another devastating problem-  millions of murderous Arabs living inside her already.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2010, 01:24:26 PM »

Israel has pandering leaders who don't protect her - so I'm not surprised that they allow Africans to enter by the thousands.  As if Isael doesn't have another devastating problem-  millions of murderous Arabs living inside her already.

Israel might as well do some "ethnic cleansing", the world accuses them of it anyway. Israel is just too good for its own good a lot of times. *sighs*