Author Topic: Anorexia's Living Face (CBS News)  (Read 1212 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Anorexia's Living Face (CBS News)
« on: January 03, 2011, 09:26:50 PM »
That was one creepy looking French woman:

Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Anorexia's Living Face (CBS News)
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 10:09:29 PM »
I'm glad if people have compassion for her and what she's going through and they should. I wish people would have the same compassion for people who have the opposite disorder and grow unnaturally large through compulsive overeating. It seems like many comments on a story like this are positive, encouraging ones, while comments on the other type of story are hateful. It shows that people prefer women to look anorexic over obese.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 10:18:17 PM »
I'm glad if people have compassion for her and what she's going through and they should. I wish people would have the same compassion for people who have the opposite disorder and grow unnaturally large through compulsive overeating. It seems like many comments on a story like this are positive, encouraging ones, while comments on the other type of story are hateful. It shows that people prefer women to look anorexic over obese.
You are correct and that's very sad. You are correct, at least for white women. Nobody dare tell Precious that she is overweight--fashion magazines, reporters, and critics call her "voluptuous", "curvy", "a real girl", or even "bootilicious", but white/Asian/Hispanic women that are as few as 30 pounds above the medically-defined threshhold of being overweight are shut out of any and all acting and modeling jobs and frequently find it harder to get any kind of employment.

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 11:34:12 PM »
I have the feeling that the poor woman was stuck in the role of a professional anorexic ever since she became "the face" of anorexia. She gained like 5lbs in 2007 and must have shed them soon after. In her 2010 pics she seems as starving stick woman as her 2007 self. Yet apparently she kept traveling and repeatedly appearing on TV shows around the world.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 11:48:19 PM »
I have the feeling that the poor woman was stuck in the role of a professional anorexic ever since she became "the face" of anorexia. She gained like 5lbs in 2007 and must have shed them soon after. In her 2010 pics she seems as starving stick woman as her 2007 self. Yet apparently she kept traveling and repeatedly appearing on TV shows around the world.

I read that she died :(

Maybe it really was just too hard for her to really be able to eat, maybe her career contributed to that. Maybe though she had just already done too much damage to recover from it.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 11:49:27 PM »
Tragic.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 08:50:34 AM »
You are correct and that's very sad. You are correct, at least for white women. Nobody dare tell Precious that she is overweight--fashion magazines, reporters, and critics call her "voluptuous", "curvy", "a real girl", or even "bootilicious", but white/Asian/Hispanic women that are as few as 30 pounds above the medically-defined threshhold of being overweight are shut out of any and all acting and modeling jobs and frequently find it harder to get any kind of employment.

It's true it's OK for black and actually hispanic women to be bigger though god forbid if a white woman has a few extra lbs.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 01:33:59 PM »
It's true it's OK for black and actually hispanic women to be bigger though G-d forbid if a white woman has a few extra lbs.
If that's not racism, I don't know what is.