Author Topic: Gary Ackerman cut ties with Jstreet  (Read 4201 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Gary Ackerman cut ties with Jstreet
« on: January 26, 2011, 11:58:07 AM »
http://ackerman.house.gov/index.cfm?sectionid=254&parentid=4&sectiontree=4,254&itemid=1537      

Print
Ackerman Blasts J-Street support for UN Condemnation of Israel
January 25, 2011

U.S. Rep. Gary Ackerman (D-NY), the presumed Ranking Democratic member of the House Subcommittee on the Middle East and South Asia issued the following statement today:

“After learning of J-Street’s current public call for the Obama Administration to not veto a prospective UN Security Council resolution that, under the rubric of concern about settlement activity, would effectively and unjustly place the whole responsibility for the current impasse in the peace process on Israel, and—critically—would give fresh and powerful impetus to the effort to internationally isolate and delegitimize Israel, I’ve come to the conclusion that J-Street is not an organization with which I wish to be associated.

"It is not Israel that is refusing to enter final status negotiations. It is not Israel that has refused again and again to make unilateral gestures of good faith (recall the hundreds of West Bank security checkpoints and roadblocks removed, and the 10 month settlement freeze). It is not Israel that is now trying to force the peace process back in to the same dead-end from which the Obama Administration has spent the past month trying to extract itself. But astonishingly, it is Israel that J-Street would put in the stocks in the public square.

"The decision to endorse the Palestinian and Arab effort to condemn Israel in the UN Security Council, is not the choice of a concerned friend trying to help. It is rather the befuddled choice of an organization so open-minded about what constitutes support for Israel that its brains have fallen out.

"America really does need a smart, credible, politically active organization that is as aggressively pro-peace as it is pro-Israel. Unfortunately, J-Street ain’t it.”
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Gary Ackerman cut ties with Jstreet
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 05:41:13 PM »
This is an act of taqqiyah by Mullah Ackerman.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 08:33:19 PM »
What? J-street too zionist for him? :::D
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 06:29:23 AM »
I t could be Taqiyah on the part of Ackerman
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 11:20:14 AM »
This is an act of taqqiyah by Mullah Ackerman.

The end result is Gary Ackerman is probably trying to re-position himself,   after the criticism he received for his support of J-Street and that what he considers his pro-Israel credentials were questioned.      From my perspective,    Ackerman is as dangerous as ever,    as most people,  including Jennifer Rubin http://voices.washingtonpost.com/right-turn/2011/01/rep_gary_ackerman_blasts_j_str.html    believe Ackerman is a friend of Israel.

Liz Berney made two great points on the Israel Matzav site when offering her input on Gary Ackerman's decision to cut ties with J-Street.     Liz's commentary is in the following article.    Below I'll offer my thoughts on the two points that jump out:

http://israelmatzav.blogspot.com/2011/01/ackermans-j-street-cutoff-is-step-in.html

1.   That Gary Ackerman still wants to support "pro-peace" type of organizations.     This is very disturbing to me but it's certainly not surprising.    The type of organizations that would gladly surrender Judea and Samaria and the Golan Heights  (  possibly even much of Jerusalem )  if it meant getting a " peace "  agreement.   Empty promises ( and a weakened defense ) are indeed a good description of what Israel would get in return.      That certainly has been the case in the past with these horrific " peace" agreement.   The bottom line from my perspective is that Ackerman would support the type of agreement that would greatly endanger Israel.    In essence,  with the country being divided into 2 pieces.    There's no question that M. Abbas and Fatah/ PA in general are waiting for the opportunity to attempt to destroy Israel.     Abbas would then have plenty of help from MANY Muslim Countries.  

2.   The damage that Gary Ackerman likely already caused by his comments in Congress that criticized Israel.    In my opinion,    that contributed to the family of 4 being murdered this past August,   around Hebron.    This was a subject I asked Liz Berney about at the Bay Terrace Candidates Forum in August,  2010 ( while Gary Ackerman was in attendance.     Knowing that it would make Ackerman look bad,   with the goal of helping Liz Berney's chances in the elections.   That was the night I also asked Ackerman publicly about his position on the Ground Zero Mosque.   Prior to that,  Ackerman said nothing publicly about the Mosque that was reported. ).    If not for the actions of Ackerman,   including his support for Barack Hussein Obama,    that family of 4 probably would still be alive.    Not surprisingly,   the murderer was already released because of M. Abbas,  someone Ackerman has a track record of wanting to support.     The fact that Gary Ackerman proudly admitted at the Manhasset League of Women voters candidates Forum back on Oct. 13, 2010 that he's an Obama Democrat still has me greatly disturbed.   Basically,  Ackerman told the audience and the world that night that Obama is more important to him than Israel.     Unfortunately,   Ackerman is far from being the exception to the rule.    Yet,  because of the perception that he's Pro-Israel and his status in the U.S. Congress (including on key committees ),   the situation with Ackerman is more pronounced than it is with the vast majority of others.    Even with the Republicans now having the majority in the House of Representatives,   Ackerman is still a major player involving Israel and National Security.  
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 11:29:55 AM by eb22 »
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 11:25:28 AM »
I wouldn't vote for Ackerman if i lived in his district i just posted it to discredit JSTREET

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 11:28:10 AM »
I wouldn't vote for Ackerman if i lived in his district i just posted it to discredit JSTREET

mord,  I can't imagine ANY long time JTF member in good standing voting for Gary Ackerman or helping him geting re-elected.     I'm glad that you posted the info,   as Ackerman and those like him need to be exposed as being extremely damaging to Israel and the United States.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 11:29:54 AM »
mord,  I can't imagine ANY long time JTF member in good standing voting for Gary Ackerman or helping him geting re-elected.     I'm glad that you posted the info,   as Ackerman and those like him need to be exposed as being extremely damaging to Israel and the United States.
t/y  YES THAT'S TRUE

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 11:32:54 AM »
t/y  YES THAT'S TRUE

If an election came down to Gary Ackerman and the worst non-Jewish anti-semite,    if I had to make a choice,   I would pick the worst non-Jewish anti-semite.   At least with the latter,   the vast majority of people would realize his or her evil intentions.     With Ackerman,   what makes him extremely dangerous is most people truly believe he's pro-Israel.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 11:38:21 AM »
David Duke would be a better candidate than Faggerman.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 11:42:02 AM »
David Duke would be a better candidate than Faggerman.

David Duke is as anti-semitic as anyone.    Yet,  I agree with you that he would be a better choice than Gary Ackerman.  if a choice between the two had to be made.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 11:56:30 AM »
Nobody would take Duke seriously whereas most people take Faggerman seriously. They both deserve pancreatic cancer but I have to say I think Faggerman is worse because he's a fellow Jew who has turned on his own people.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 12:13:51 PM »
Nobody would take Duke seriously whereas most people take Faggerman seriously. They both deserve pancreatic cancer but I have to say I think Faggerman is worse because he's a fellow Jew who has turned on his own people.

I complete agree that no one would take David Duke seriously and most take Gary Ackerman seriously.      As for who is worse (  excluding who is more dangerous if in office ),   it's close.      A case probably can be made for either being worse.     I certainly wouldn't debate anyone who says that Ackerman is worse,   especially after he used the term " settler pograms"   in Congress,   in Feb. 2009.   

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2011, 10:02:32 PM »
I knkew Jstreet was bad, but had no idea that it was this bad

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2011, 01:15:22 AM »
I knkew Jstreet was bad, but had no idea that it was this bad

As bad as J-Street is,   Gary Ackerman concerns me even more.    In my opinion,   a much higher % of people who support Israel have issues with J-Street than they do with Ackerman.      

In addition,   the bias in favor of Ackerman in the media and with a number of debate/ candidate forum moderators ( with the worst being Don Capalbi from the Oct. 27, 2010 debate at the Palace Diner in Flushing )  during election campaigns jumps out immediately.       This is JUST the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the influence Ackerman has AND his willingness to use that influence.              
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 01:39:06 AM by eb22 »

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2011, 06:43:28 AM »
Look how much money the group Jewish funds for Justice receives Leftist Nazi ,Ernst Rohm lover George schwartz SorosNo wonder they were able to take out the letter in wall street Journal                               http://bigjournalism.com/klarrey/2010/11/13/groups-funded-by-soros-network-back-soros/    

The money

http://www.soros.org/initiatives/usprograms/focus/democracy/grants/leadership/grantees/jfjfcyo_2009    

http://www.soros.org/initiatives/usprograms/focus/democracy/grants/leadership/grantees/fcyo-2010   

The Soros-funded Media Matters and the Soros-funded Jewish Funds for Justice (JFSJ) social justice group have both mysteriously sided with George Soros and denounced Glenn Beck’s unique brand of pro-Israel anti-Semitism in his “The Puppet Master” expose.  Incidentally, The Shefa Fund, which merged into JFSJ, was as critical of Israel as Beck has been supportive.  On Thursday JFSJ President and CEO Simon Greer published a letter on the group’s website aggressively denouncing Beck.  On Friday, Greer went on MSNBC for some more denouncing.

What Greer left out of his letter and what both Greer and Olbermann omitted was that the group Greer leads has received at least $350,000 from Soros’ Open Society Institute in the last two years – $150,000 in 2009 and $200,000 in 2010.  Like a lot of “social justice” organizations, and/or progressive astroturfing outfits, Jewish Funds for Justice lists among its activities “investing in low-income communities and grassroots organizations,” “organizing” and “congregation based community organizing,” “advocacy,” and “a social change strategy developed by Saul Alinsky.” Also among the principles that JFSJ promotes are economic radicalism and wealth redistribution.

I’ve followed Media Matters’ frantic efforts this week to explain how Soros didn’t say or write the things that Soros has said and has written, all the while hurling accusations of bigotry at Beck.  One thing MMFA hasn’t gotten around to explaining is this statement:

It was actually, probably the happiest year of my life -  that year of German occupation.  For me it was a very positive experience.  It’s a strange thing, because you see incredible suffering all around you, and in fact, you are in considerable danger yourself.  But you’re fourteen years old and you don’t believe that it can actually touch you. You have a belief in yourself, you have a belief in your father. It’s a very happy making exhilarating experience.

That was the year in which Soros “helped in the confiscation of property from the Jews” according to Soros. I’m sure MMFA will give that one a shot sooner or later.

I also must say I’m rather looking forward to the Chamber of Commerce’s report on Soros.  Will the entire Chamber of Commerce also be condemned as anti-Semitic if they deign to repeat what Soros has said about himself?

Shot at 2010-01-03