Author Topic: Roger Waters (Pink Floyd) joins anti-Israel BDS campaign  (Read 449 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Roger Waters (Pink Floyd) joins anti-Israel BDS campaign
« on: March 06, 2011, 02:12:30 PM »
Roger Waters {Yemach Shemo} is an artist who I once had a lot of admiration of. But today I realize he is a worthless piece of anti-semitic drek. It is sad that an artist like this goes crazy with rage, and uses his position to attack Israel and Jews. What is very telling is that in the movie and the album The Wall the character Pink has neo-Nazi delusions of granduer, and there is even a line in a song "That one looks Jewish, and that ones a Coon... Who let all this riff-raff into the room?". At the time I did not realize that Roger was really an anti-semite. But later when I saw some of his later solo songs, with its obvious pro-arab anti-semitic references I realize that Roger is a full-blown Edomite Nazi.

I have since burned all of his CDs and removed all of his mp3s from my computer. I have instituted a personal boycott against Roger Waters and even old Pink Floyd. If listening to a radio station which plays some of his works I will change the station. I fully HATE Roger Waters and suggest everyone follow my lead in destroying his work...

http://www.jpost.com/International/Article.aspx?id=210986

Pink Floyd frontman declares support for BDS campaign
By MICHAL TOIBA
03/06/2011 14:36

In AIC statement, Roger Waters recalls visit to "appalling" security barrier, expresses support for "Palestinians in their civil, nonviolent resistance."

Pink Floyd former lead singer and bassist Roger Waters on Sunday declared his support for the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) campaign against Israel, in a statement published on the website of the Palestinian-Israeli NGO, the Alternative Information Center (AIC).

In the statement, Waters writes: "Where governments refuse to act, people must, with whatever peaceful means are at their disposal. For some that meant joining the Gaza Freedom March, for others it meant joining the humanitarian flotilla that tried to bring much needed humanitarian aid to Gaza. For me it means declaring my intention to stand in solidarity, not only with the people of Palestine, but also with the many thousands of Israelis who disagree with their government's racist and colonial policies, by joining a campaign of Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions against Israel."

RELATED:
Pete Seeger joins Palestinian boycott movement
Revised anti-boycott bill passed in Knesset Law Committee
Israeli fears of BDS are exaggerated – for the moment

Waters states that his position is not anti-Semitic and is not an attack on Israeli citizens, but it is a "plea to my colleagues in the music industry, and also to artists in other disciplines, to join this cultural boycott."

The Pink Floyd former frontman's decision to support a boycott on Israel was initially sparked by a 2006 visit to Jerusalem and Bethlehem during which he saw the security barrier that separates Israel from the West Bank.

"Nothing could have prepared me for what I saw that day. The Wall is an appalling edifice to behold. It is policed by young Israeli Soldiers who treated me, a casual observer from another world with disdainful aggression. If it could be like that for me, a foreigner, a visitor, imagine what it must be like for the Palestinians, for the underclass, for the passbook carriers. I knew then that my conscience would not allow me to walk away from that Wall, from the fate of the Palestinians I met, people whose lives are crushed daily in a multitude of ways by Israel's occupation," wrote Waters in the AIC statement.

Following his visit, Waters moved a concert scheduled to be held in Tel Aviv to Neve Shalom, a cooperative town in Israel where Jews and Arabs live side by side.

"Against all expectations, it was to become the biggest music event in the short history of Israel. 60,000 fans battled traffic jams to attend. It was extraordinarily moving for me and my band, and at the end of the gig I was moved to exhort the young people gathered there to demand of their government that they attempt to make peace with their neighbors and respect the civil rights of Palestinians living in Israel."

After years of what Waters says was inaction by the Israeli government to "grant civil rights to Israeli Arabs equal to those enjoyed by Israeli Jews" and the extension of the separation barrier "illegally annexing more and more of the West Bank," the musician decided to support "Palestinians in their civil, nonviolent resistance."

Last month, American folk music legend Pete Seeger also joined the BDS campaign, saying that he regretted previously giving his support to a Jewish National Fund-sponsored event.

According to the Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions (ICAHD), Seeger "read historical and current material and spoke to neighbors, friends, and three rabbis before making his decision to support the boycott movement against Israel.”

Other musicians such as Elvis Costello and the Pixies have previously cancelled concerts in Israel as well, citing political reasons.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Roger Waters (Pink Floyd) joins anti-Israel BDS campaign
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 02:20:26 PM »
I also think all those other musicians are on my bad list. I wonder which 'rabbis' this pete segeer dude consulted? Sounds like a 'deformed' rabbit to me..

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14