Author Topic: Ralph Nader: Impeach Obama for Libya, Crimes  (Read 1516 times)

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
Ralph Nader: Impeach Obama for Libya, Crimes
« on: March 25, 2011, 02:10:54 PM »
http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/RalphNader-BarackObama-Impeach-WarCrimes/2011/03/21/id/390252?s=al

Consumer advocate Ralph Nader is calling for President Barack Obama's impeachment, saying he is responsible for war crimes in the Middle East, The Hill reports.

In an interview with the anti-war group Democracy Now!, Nader said Obama was as much a war criminal as former President George W. Bush.

"Why don't we say what's on the minds of many legal experts; that the Obama administration is committing war crimes; and if Bush should have been impeached, Obama should be impeached," Nader said.

"[Bush officials] were considered war criminals by many people. Now, Barack Obama is committing the same crimes," the former presidential candidate said. "In fact, worse ones in Afghanistan. Innocents are being slaughtered, we are creating more enemies, he is violating international law."

Read more on Newsmax.com: Ralph Nader: Impeach Obama for Libya, Crimes
Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
Re: Ralph Nader: Impeach Obama for Libya, Crimes
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 02:21:30 PM »
I'm curious as to whether Obama's Libya actions are constitutional or not. Bush got congress to give constitutional support to the Iraq/Afghan wars but I don't believe Obama has done anything for that. Isn't he violating the constitution by not seeking congressional approval to use the US military against Libya?
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 02:33:49 PM »
I'm curious as to whether Obama's Libya actions are constitutional or not. Bush got congress to give constitutional support to the Iraq/Afghan wars but I don't believe Obama has done anything for that. Isn't he violating the constitution by not seeking congressional approval to use the US military against Libya?

I do believe that is the core issue... Obama is an extra-constitutional president. He had said many times he considers the Constitution to be an outdated document.... This is certainly an impeachable moment...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 02:35:20 PM »
Out of everything Obama stands for, LIBYA is the farthest thing from my mind.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 02:43:42 PM »
Nader is just trying to get attention.  He recently announced that the U.S. should illegalize athletic scholarships for colleges; and its not a coincidence he made this announcement during March Madness.  Im sure next month, he will call for an end to celebrating April Fools day.  I never take anything he says seriously.

But yes,  Obama's actions here are very questionable.  Libya is a typical Islamic Regime.... and yes they are a danger to us, but OBAMA NEVER SAID ANYTHING about terrorism or Islamic extremism or anything.... he is instead talking nonsense about spreading democracy... thats absurd, the Libyan rebels are just as bad, if not worse than Quadaffi.

And now look at Egypt.  Apparently, the new Millitary regime is about to make protesting against the new regime illegal.... Yes, that sounds like a 'free' society to me.

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 03:47:30 PM »
I do believe that is the core issue... Obama is an extra-constitutional president. He had said many times he considers the Constitution to be an outdated document.... This is certainly an impeachable moment...

It is truly a shame to see America founded on such great principles is now run on the whims of elected gangsters.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 04:26:06 PM »
Nader is just trying to get attention.  He recently announced that the U.S. should illegalize athletic scholarships for colleges;

But that doesn't sound unreasonable to me. Are you against his proposal? Do you think that athletic scholarships are a good thing? Why?

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 07:09:54 PM »

Nothing the shvartza President has done since put in office really fits into any clear constitutional picture...  His own democrats are calling for his head because of the Libya situation... This so called president and his administration feels they can do as they like however Libya is going to be the shvartza Presidents tar baby.  ;D
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 07:46:53 PM »
But that doesn't sound unreasonable to me. Are you against his proposal? Do you think that athletic scholarships are a good thing? Why?

Because, here in the U.S., if you are a skilled athlete, you have to pointlessly go to a 4 year University for 1 year and go through the charade of being a student....( ie taking incredibly dumbed down classes in communication and pan-african studies) so that you will eligible to be a pro-athlete.

Its a complete scam.  If someone can run fast and catch a ball, what difference does it make that they went to college for a year and took a sociology class?  If they need to go through this stupidity (which hugely benefits a University's fan-base and notoriety), the least the University can do is pay for that athlete's entrance and books (that will probably never be opened anyway)

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 07:58:36 PM »
what bush did was horrible, but it was legal.international law isnt really law. Obama attacked Libya without congressional approval and violated the constitution by doing so.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2011, 07:58:52 PM »
Because, here in the U.S., if you are a skilled athlete, you have to pointlessly go to a 4 year University for 1 year and go through the charade of being a student....( ie taking incredibly dumbed down classes in communication and pan-african studies) so that you will eligible to be a pro-athlete.

Its a complete scam.  If someone can run fast and catch a ball, what difference does it make that they went to college for a year and took a sociology class?  If they need to go through this stupidity (which hugely benefits a University's fan-base and notoriety), the least the University can do is pay for that athlete's entrance and books (that will probably never be opened anyway)

Then I agree with you. And we both agree with Nader. Unless I have misread your post.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 09:07:25 PM »
Then I agree with you. And we both agree with Nader. Unless I have misread your post.

Not necessarily.  I guess I should qualify this by saying.. it depends if its private or public.  If its private, I don't like the fact that Nader wants to have government to control a University in this manner.   Its the government over-reaching its boundries; and its a slippery slope.  If a private University chooses to waive the tuition for an athlete, they should have the right to do so, especially since the University greatly benefits from having that athlete for marketing, and ticket sales.

If its a public university, thats a different story.  sure, just like anyone else, I dont think that our taxpayer money should be used to for frivolities like the tuition for the women's table tennis team.... just like I dont like taxpayers money being used for 'black studies' or 'queer studies', etc etc.... but I think that there are bigger issues with our Universities.

BUT, in a perfect world, athletes wouldnt have to deal with this nonsense in the first place.  They would just be picked up by professional leagues, teams, and wouldnt have to waste their time pretending to be a students for no apparent reason.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2011, 12:29:48 PM »
If its private, I don't like the fact that Nader wants to have government to control a University in this manner.   Its the government over-reaching its boundries; and its a slippery slope. 

OK, I see your point.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2011, 12:40:01 PM »
Not necessarily.  I guess I should qualify this by saying.. it depends if its private or public.  If its private, I don't like the fact that Nader wants to have government to control a University in this manner.   Its the government over-reaching its boundries; and its a slippery slope.  If a private University chooses to waive the tuition for an athlete, they should have the right to do so, especially since the University greatly benefits from having that athlete for marketing, and ticket sales.

If its a public university, thats a different story.  sure, just like anyone else, I dont think that our taxpayer money should be used to for frivolities like the tuition for the women's table tennis team.... just like I dont like taxpayers money being used for 'black studies' or 'queer studies', etc etc.... but I think that there are bigger issues with our Universities.

BUT, in a perfect world, athletes wouldnt have to deal with this nonsense in the first place.  They would just be picked up by professional leagues, teams, and wouldnt have to waste their time pretending to be a students for no apparent reason.

Which is what basically happens in baseball and hockey. Play in the minors and get picked up by the pros. Only football and basketball go through the "academic" scholarship charade.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2011, 01:05:20 PM »
As much as I hate Obama and wish he'd go back to Kenya, I believe the Constitution grants the President 90 days to create war without consenting Congress.