Author Topic: A deep and yet simple question about Islamic terrorism and G-d's will  (Read 2359 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Everyone here,

I don't know if this has been asked before, but has anybody ever speculated that the reason that Jews are getting blown to bits by Arab Nazis every day in the Holy Land is because G-d has handed them over to their own depravity and degeneracy?

Opinion polls, at least those conducted by the Bolshevist media, show very large majorities of Israelis supporting continued surrenders for peace and appeasement of all sorts. Not more than 10% of the population, at least right now, is Kahanist. With such huge numbers of Israelis wanting to commit suicide, it seems tragically logical that the L-rd has simply chosen to hand them over to their hardened hearts and allowed nature to take it's course.

We know from Scripture that Hashem seldom, if ever, overrides free will. In fact, more often than not he hands his people (Jewish or Christian) over to whatever their desires are, good or bad (though usually, given human nature, it is the latter).

What do the rabbis say about this? Do you think my observation makes any sense?

G-d bless, Chaimfan.

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
Here is the way I look at it,

In situations of tragedy like this, my Rabbis (the hasidic masters of Chabad) always made a big distinction between before the tragedy and after it's occured.

For instance, before the holocost the 6th Rebbe (Rabbi Yosef Yitzchak Schneerson ZT"L) was always calling on Jews to return to G-d and His commandments in the most urgent terms. He warned of the danger their abandonment of Him causes to their security.

However, once the holocoust happened the Rebbes of Chabad were very against some Rabbis who said that the reason this happened is because of their sins. This decision, they said was G-d's and it is above understanding. It may make sense to us as you say C.F.,  but G-d could find other ways to meet those goals.  To say G-d is "forced" by a particular reason to do such a thing like the holocoust or the deaths from suicide bombings is a denial of G-d's own free will.

So to avert tragedy, yes, we must get people to wake up and do what's right to prevent these things and warn them of the consequences.

Once tragedy has occured, our position should be one of respect of G-d's will that is above our understanding and respect for those who suffered such a loss. That a time when they need your sympathy not speculation.

Indeed, an episode is brought down in the Chumash as expounded by the Talmud where G-d showed Moses the suffering of the Jewish people in the future. Moses was so horrified he wanted an explanation. G-d said to be queit and not question His will. Will is higher than an explanation. And an explanation cheapens the loss.

"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.