Author Topic: Who is your favorite Israeli musician ?  (Read 8476 times)

Allen-T

Re: Who is your favorite Israeli musician ?
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2007, 03:19:08 AM »
Metallica is awful.  There's much better heavy metal made all over the world, even in Israel!

Yes, Metallica is complete sheet. Motorhead, now that's rock!!
are you talking about 'new' metallica? im talking about metallica befor 1991.

Metallica has always reminded me of when we were kids, we would put baseball cards on the forks of our bicycles so they made a clicking sound when they were hit with the spokes of the wheel. Clickety-Clack, clickety-clack, that's what that awful drummer in Metallica sounds like. I just listened to the August 16th 1972 recording of Space Truckin' by Deep Purple live in Osaka Japan, Ian Paice, need I say more? 

Made in Japan is one of the best live albums EVER!

Even BETTER is the 3 CD import version "Live In Japan" which is the 95% complete concerts from Osaka August 15 & 16 and Tokyo on the 17th. According to the booklet, the intention was to release the Tokyo 8/17 show but they weren't happy with the sound quality of the recording that night, so instead "Made In Japan" was made mostly from the Osaka 8/16 show. It's great to compare the 3 nights. The Space Truckin' from Tokyo 8/17 is amazing. Blackmore fluffed the opening riff of Smoke On The Water on the other 2 nights!! If you also get the remastered "Made In Japan"[w/bonus tracks] then you have all 3 nights complete. There is also stage chatter on the triple CD not on the original MIJ. 

Allen-T

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2007, 03:37:25 AM »
Firstly Ofra Haza died of AIDS so she is drek. I like Eyal Golan along with subliminal. I know subliminal is rap but its Israeli rap and he is pretty right wing. There are others as well and it's a better alternative to the american stuff especially since turning on the radio here makes rap noise come out of your speakers. Every station plays shvartza stuff.

I don't think there is anything wrong with listening to music that is quality, but made by people with questionable morals. As long as outright evil isn't being promoted I have no problem with it. There are some groups I listen to like Funkadelic who talk about sexual immorality, but the music is, in my opinion fantastic. I try to tune out the lyrics. I won't listen to any music that directly speaks against God or mocks God, for example I like the music of the punk bands the Dead Kennedys & The Misfits, but I make a choice not to listen to them because Jello Biafra is just an evil God hating faggot and the Misfits embrace evil with glee. My real love is Jazz. Some of my top favorite jazz musicians are muslims. Pharoah Sanders and Yusef Lateef in particular. I still listen to them, I think both are brilliant players that made many great records, but I won't buy or listen to, for example, any recordings by them that overtly push islam. Ofra Haza was talented, the few things I heard by her were pretty good I thought. In recent years I have become mostly interested in 60's-70's music styles like beat,garage and psych as interpreted by obscure groups from places like Eastern Europe and Asia & South East Asia,Thailand,Indonesia,Vietnam,etc. The "Cambodian Rocks" compilations are a big favorite of mine as of late.    

Allen-T

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2007, 03:45:12 AM »
definitely Rita. You can see a video of hers on the DVD of the Israeli film "Walk on water". She is gorgeous! ;) (yeah, I know it's a sin for gentiles to lust after jewish women but she is awsome)

Appreciating a woman's beauty and lusting after her are two different things. Beautiful women add to the loveliness of the landscape that we exist in. Stepping over a line of mentally undressing them and so forth is something else. Seeing only men all day long would be dreadful. REALLY DREADFUL! 

Offline Eitan

• Junior JTFer
  • Kahane was right
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2007, 08:29:46 AM »
klezmer(if  consider  klezmer  as israeli music i know  it's eastren european music but it's  jewish music after  all)
is  one  of  my  favorite music after  heavy  metal and  hard  rock

metallica is  not  metallica after  the  black album

motorhead  is  still motorheard since  the  70's  :D (lemmy  is  funny  guy)

« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 08:34:59 AM by eitan »

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2007, 11:15:34 AM »
I love Klezmer music too.  If anyone is interested in Klezmer and avant-garde, there's a good Israeli band that takes a modern spin on Klezmer called Kruzenshtern and Parohod.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline whywhywhy

• Full JTFer
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2007, 01:36:00 PM »
Ovadia Hamama. His new CD Anna bechoch is very good
To those who read Hebrew:
www.hamama.co.il

Allen-T

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2007, 06:30:44 PM »
I love Klezmer music too.  If anyone is interested in Klezmer and avant-garde, there's a good Israeli band that takes a modern spin on Klezmer called Kruzenshtern and Parohod.

Dave Tarras, Naftule Brandwein, Emil Bruh, David Krakauer. Klezmer is wonderful. 

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2007, 08:31:54 PM »

Dave Tarras, Naftule Brandwein, Emil Bruh, David Krakauer. Klezmer is wonderful. 

All classics!  David Krakauer is one of the best Klezmer clarinetists today!
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline dawntreader

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2007, 12:32:22 AM »
Firstly Ofra Haza died of AIDS so she is drek. I like Eyal Golan along with subliminal. I know subliminal is rap but its Israeli rap and he is pretty right wing. There are others as well and it's a better alternative to the american stuff especially since turning on the radio here makes rap noise come out of your speakers. Every station plays shvartza stuff.

Ofra Haza is most certainly NOT drek. Yes, she died of AIDS, but I've heard her husband gave it to her. Nevertheless, even if he didn't give it to her...she's not drek.

She is my all time favorite Israeli singer. Her renditions of Im Nin Alu are magnificent. (I love the club mixes too).

I also happen to enjoy Meir Banai. Ehud Banai is good as well, but I like Meir better.

Chaim Moshe is cool but a little too Mizrachi for my taste.

And to those who don't like Metallica...espec. their stuff from their Unforgiven albums...sheesh...guys I'm sorry, but the sound of Metallica rocks. (And yeah, I do like old stuff like Led Zeppelin too.)
Victory is a thing of the will. -General Ferdinand Foch

Our peace must be a peace of victors, not of the vanquished.
- General Ferdinand Foch

We have met the enemy and they are ours.
- Oliver Hazard Perry

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2007, 12:47:25 AM »
Regev Hod is a good Israeli singer as well.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2007, 12:48:07 AM »
1.) This is a good thread for me, because I have been interested in Israeli/Jewish music for a while now, and do not know where to start.
2.) I really like Ofra Haza, and I want to find more music in that style.
3.) Allen-T is, like, old, you know? ;D
4.) Metallica Master of Muppets album is the #1 Album of the 80's for me.
5.)When I was in ninth grade in 1986, I used to listen to Deep Purple's Machine Head constantly, especially when I was trying to do homework.  Good Bye straight A's :P :P
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!

Offline shimon

• Full JTFer
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2007, 12:57:01 AM »
i like some israeli music like there is this one kahanist singer who sings about nekama but besides that i like classic rock.but not really  hard rock.

Offline dawntreader

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2007, 12:58:53 AM »
I just have to say this....I HATE Klesmer.
Victory is a thing of the will. -General Ferdinand Foch

Our peace must be a peace of victors, not of the vanquished.
- General Ferdinand Foch

We have met the enemy and they are ours.
- Oliver Hazard Perry

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2007, 01:31:32 AM »
I am usually not a rap fan (because of all of the schvartza "Yo-yo-yo" drek that sings it in the US), but Subliminal actually has some good stuff.

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2007, 01:44:50 AM »
I like subliminal also, but Regev Hod and Eyal Golan are more my style.
I am urinating on a Koran.