Author Topic: Notification Issues  (Read 392 times)

Offline ProJewGreekChristian

• Full JTFer
Notification Issues
« on: April 10, 2011, 06:27:59 PM »
Hey there JTFers,

I believe this is the appropriate place to post this, but if not, my apologies. Okay, so I got about 35 emails today around 2:38 pm from JTF, all of which were related to notifications (from either threads or emails). I knew something was up with the thread subscribing, at least with my account, because I was not being informed about replies; but I’ve been busy and didn’t have time to check it out.

I’m now posting this just to inform Shlomo / Chaim that there appears to be an issue and to see if any other JTFers are having similar problems.

It's not that the bombardment of emails are so frustrating; it's more about some of the notifications beings for messages over a month old, which makes it look like I was ignoring people or something.

By the way, I use gmail, if that is of any relevance or if others experiencing these problems (if any) also use gmail.

FORUM IDEA: I know nothing about coding and Shlomo probably has enough on his hands, but an idea to consider for future forum layouts would be something comparable to the facebook Home bar that has little red “1,” “2,” “3,” s and so on denoting messages, comments, etc., which are impossible to miss upon the loading of the facebook page.

Apostolos
G-δ βlεss τhε Hεrοic Sεrβs---------G-δ βlεss the Diχiε Soυτh

ALL of Israel belongs to the Jews, G-d's chosen people!

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Notification Issues
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 08:11:52 PM »
בס''ד

I turned your email notification off. I hope this helps resolve the issue for you.

For some strange reason, you had notification enabled for every time you reply here. Other members generally don't have that.

Offline ProJewGreekChristian

• Full JTFer
Re: Notification Issues
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 08:45:46 PM »
Thanks Chaim!

I was more reporting on having received them all in one hour stretching back a month. It doesn't really matter though; manually checking if anyone replied to my posts / threads will give me an excuse to read the forum more!
G-δ βlεss τhε Hεrοic Sεrβs---------G-δ βlεss the Diχiε Soυτh

ALL of Israel belongs to the Jews, G-d's chosen people!