Author Topic: The struggle to free Soviet jewry back in the 80s  (Read 539 times)

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
The struggle to free Soviet jewry back in the 80s
« on: April 12, 2011, 02:42:10 PM »

With Chaim's go-ahead, I have started doing English subtitles for some of the older Hebrew videos on Flix.

Here is one that was originally created in 2007 in which Chaim elaborates on his personal involvement in the struggle to free Soviet jewry, what he did and how he did it against the background of the Cold War between America and the USSR. Enjoy !

http://jtf.org/forum/index.php/topic,54721.0.html

Offline Relentless Partisan

• Junior JTFer
Re: The struggle to free Soviet jewry back in the 80s
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 03:42:15 PM »
Shalom Yaakov

Thank you for that and for all the rest.
i am not from Russian origins but i think this movie specifically should also be translated to Russian,for all the people in Israel that does not yet know Hebrew and speaks only Russian ,and there's lots of them.
i opened a topic in save Israel a week ago with the same idea behind it.it is called:"Russian votes shouldn't go to Lieberman"
do we have a Russian origins in this forum?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 04:27:23 PM »
Shalom Yaakov

Thank you for that and for all the rest.
i am not from Russian origins but i think this movie specifically should also be translated to Russian,for all the people in Israel that does not yet know Hebrew and speaks only Russian ,and there's lots of them.
i opened a topic in save Israel a week ago with the same idea behind it.it is called:"Russian votes shouldn't go to Lieberman"
do we have a Russian origins in this forum?

My family is from Ukrainian and Polish Jewish ancestry... My family emigrated from Uman in the early 1900s {about 1908-1912}...

We are so blessed that our families did not have to endure the Shoah..

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Relentless Partisan

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 04:58:31 PM »

i was thinking if somebody knows Hebrew and russian and can translate this movie to russian,for all the citizens of Israel that still speaks this language only.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 06:33:14 AM by Relentless Partisan »