Author Topic: Ok so this is what I just read on the prophet of doom website  (Read 533 times)

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
Almost three thousand years ago the Jews substituted a powerful and nurturing relationship with Hashem for a complex and stifling religion. The religion was good for cleric and king but devastating for the Jewish people, separating them from their land and God. The Catholic Church did the same thing, elevating rites and rituals above relationship. It was great for cleric and king but devastating for humankind. Likewise Islam offers nothing to men but the false hope of a twisted paradise. It uses fear to suppress and stupefy the masses, enriching and empowering imams and tyrants alike.

Sounds like he is bashing real Judaism here , I thought I saw him on Chaim program 5 years ago.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Re: Ok so this is what I just read on the prophet of doom website
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 07:24:25 AM »
Link??

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Ok so this is what I just read on the prophet of doom website
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 04:59:53 PM »
Almost three thousand years ago the Jews substituted a powerful and nurturing relationship with Hashem for a complex and stifling religion. The religion was good for cleric and king but devastating for the Jewish people, separating them from their land and G-d. The Catholic Church did the same thing, elevating rites and rituals above relationship. It was great for cleric and king but devastating for humankind. Likewise Islam offers nothing to men but the false hope of a twisted paradise. It uses fear to suppress and stupefy the masses, enriching and empowering imams and tyrants alike.

Sounds like he is bashing real Judaism here , I thought I saw him on Chaim program 5 years ago.

Goes to show, you can't believe everything you read.

Their storytelling is not consistent with facts nor do they try to prove it historically by bringing any evidence because they have none.  They are promoting this view because they are trying to assert that christianity is better than Judaism (God forbid).  If you start with that assumption and the assumption that rabbinic Judaism is wayward and pernicious, then you too can come up with many similar fictional expositions and opinion pieces where you invent history and then critique it.