Author Topic: Ask JTF For Motza'ei Yom Tov Sukkot, October 8.  (Read 16747 times)

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Re: Ask JTF For Motza'ei Yom Tov Sukkot, October 8.
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2006, 11:00:12 PM »
Big government won't allow you to smoke. Now, in NJ, big government won't allow you to eat fat or junk food.

I think big government should stay out of our private lives. I don't smoke, but if others want to poison themselves, they should be able to do so.

The tri-state NY-NJ-CT area is about the highest taxed in the nation. We've been asked to pay one temporary tax after another. The turnpike, the tunnels and bridges are a good example. The tolls were supposed to pay for construction of the roads. Why are we still paying for it now? And why is the cost going up all the time?

Governor Corzine and Mayor Mike Bloomberg's solution is to give you a two dollar rebate on your property tax. So after paying a hundred other taxes, you get two nickels back.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2006, 03:14:31 PM »
( note to administrator- did you and if yes why was my post deleted? it had nothing negative what-so-ever, but im sorry in advance if I'm guessing wronge and accidently clicked the wronge button when trying to post.)

my original question in a nutshell was - Dear Chaim, in last weeks show you mentioned that you are against universal health care in Israel. I would like to know why you are against it, expecially in the future when their will be no arabs in Israel and the people who would benifit would only be Jews. also what about other social programs in Israel (for the time to come), I had in mind of having free Jewish libraries with great Torah books and literature in order to better spread Torah threout the land.
 i am not a leftist, but I think it would be great if in a Jewish country at least some things like health care would be taken care of so that people would have a little less of something to worry about.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 03:16:48 PM by Tzvi Ben Roshel »
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2006, 06:14:32 PM »
Shalom Chaim

The Romans were highly civilized and also mass murderers, The moongols were genocidal folks (who did a great service to western civilization), the vikings, the kozaks and numerous other ancestors of present day very civilized and pacifistic nations were violent and murderous in their past. still many scandinavians of today are proud of their viking herritage, gengis khan and bogdan khmelnizki are considered great national heroes in their respective nations and so forth... yet non of these nations is the bane of humanity today.

Do you think that the same historical phenomenon may evevtually affect many muslim nations ? Could they become civilized folks, nominally muslims, proud of their savage (believing and practicing ) muslim ancestors, but not evil and violent? and if so what can be done to accelerate this progress?

By nominally muslims I mean people who are not true adherents of islam, but still retain islamic custums and traditions, albeit not all custums/traditions since they would have to give up some islamic coustums such as murder and pillage to become civilized and peaceful.

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2006, 08:40:41 PM »
Shalom Chaim,

Being of mixed S'fardic and Ashkenazic heritage which background do you identify with more?

Do you consider yourself ethnically white or ethnically Jewish?

Also, what is your opinion of Ethiopian Jewry?

Take care buddy.

Kol tuv.

Yacov Menashe adds: Jews are an ethnic Semitic group within The Caucasian Race. So all Jews who are ethnically Jews are white Caucasians. Ethiopians are black either because of mixing or racial evolution after being in the hot African Sun. But they maintained their Semitic facial features.

Ashkenazic Jews got lighter than other Jews in the same way: Either mixing or skin tone evolution. All Jews originally looked like Iraqi Jews because The Jewish People originated in what is now Iraq. I (Yacov Menashe) am half Iraqi and half Ashkenazic.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 08:27:38 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »