Author Topic: My friend wants to join the Israeli army after Yeshiva, please help  (Read 390 times)

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
I have a family friend who is 18. He is a sweet kid and will be going to Yeshiva in Israel after he graduates in June. He wants to do army after Yeshivah. I need to convince him to not go, but I need to formulate STRONG arguments that are not biased or riddled with fallacies. His parents seem ok with the idea of him going to the army, and since I am close to the family, I can try to convince them, too. I've known quite a few people who were in the army, but never did I have a close friend go. This kid is so nice; I don't want anything to happen to him, obviously, but I also don't believe in serving the secular, leftist state while trying to "uphold" Israel's retarded rules of sacrificing Jews in order to protect Arab "civilians". The idea of my friend getting hurt, chas v'shalom, or following bolshevik orders is so real to me now, and as the time approaches for him to leave to yeshiva, these possibilities are slowly sinking in. Please give me useful things to say to him and his parents. I'll even copy and paste things in an e-mail to them if I have to. Thanks.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: My friend wants to join the Israeli army after Yeshiva, please help
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 12:37:07 AM »
I have a family friend who is 18. He is a sweet kid and will be going to Yeshiva in Israel after he graduates in June. He wants to do army after Yeshivah. I need to convince him to not go, but I need to formulate STRONG arguments that are not biased or riddled with fallacies. His parents seem ok with the idea of him going to the army, and since I am close to the family, I can try to convince them, too. I've known quite a few people who were in the army, but never did I have a close friend go. This kid is so nice; I don't want anything to happen to him, obviously, but I also don't believe in serving the secular, leftist state while trying to "uphold" Israel's retarded rules of sacrificing Jews in order to protect Arab "civilians". The idea of my friend getting hurt, chas v'shalom, or following bolshevik orders is so real to me now, and as the time approaches for him to leave to yeshiva, these possibilities are slowly sinking in. Please give me useful things to say to him and his parents. I'll even copy and paste things in an e-mail to them if I have to. Thanks.

I think you have to give it to him straight:   Be prepared to serve in jail for refusing to expel Jews and refusing to destroy Jewish outposts, or else you will behave as an evil traitor and Hashem will hate you.

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: My friend wants to join the Israeli army after Yeshiva, please help
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 09:29:53 AM »
one reply. nice.