Author Topic: video4linux2  (Read 437 times)

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
video4linux2
« on: April 24, 2011, 05:52:05 PM »
Anyone use video4linux2 to do their videos?
Example: for youtube.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: video4linux2
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 06:38:47 PM »
Anyone use video4linux2 to do their videos?
Example: for youtube.

video4linux (v4l) is the device driver standard for webcams and video tuner devices. Most video apps automatically support v4l devices.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video4Linux

Video4Linux
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Video4Linux or V4L is a video capture application programming interface for Linux. Several USB webcams, TV tuners, and other devices are supported. Video4Linux is closely integrated with the Linux kernel. Video4Linux was named after Video for Windows (which is sometimes abbreviated "V4W"), but is not technically related to it.
[edit] V4L2

V4L is in its second version. The original V4L was introduced late into the 2.1.X development cycle of the Linux kernel. Video4Linux2 fixed some design bugs and started appearing in the 2.5.X kernels. Video4Linux2 drivers include a compatibility mode for Video4Linux1 application, though practically, the support can be incomplete and it is recommended to use V4L2 devices in V4L2 mode. The project DVB-Wiki is now hosted on LinuxTV web site.

Some programs support V4L2 as v4l2:// MRL.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Re: video4linux2
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 10:56:49 PM »
Yes, I was quite surprised when I plugged in my webcam and it just worked on linux with no drivers at all. Although I did spend the day compiling wxcam as it requires a million other libraries. ...yes, I'm a masochist, I compile every library from source.

might I add you guys doing youtube videos don't have to spend a dime and run linux and search for opensource video and audio editors.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 06:50:20 AM by angryChineseKahanist »
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774