Author Topic: What About Michele Bachmann For President?  (Read 620 times)

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
What About Michele Bachmann For President?
« on: May 15, 2011, 01:00:47 PM »

http://michelebachmannforpresidentin2012.blogspot.com/

Huckabee and Palin carry a lot of baggage.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 01:24:46 PM by Christian Zionist »
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline FreedomFighter08

• Senior JTFer
Re: What About Michele Bachnann For President?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 01:04:35 PM »
No. I'm not voting for a candidate that will make Republican look like idiots or religious morons (Palin, Paul, Bachmann).

How about Gingrich? He actually has ideas and a history. He was a Republican that created ideas - not blocked them like many Republicans do now a days.

Also I'd prefer former Governor George Pataki or Senator Marco Rubio but I don't know if they'll run. Probably not.

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
Re: What About Michele Bachmann For President?
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 01:24:15 PM »
No. I'm not voting for a candidate that will make Republican look like idiots or religious morons (Palin, Paul, Bachmann).

How about Gingrich? He actually has ideas and a history. He was a Republican that created ideas - not blocked them like many Republicans do now a days.

Also I'd prefer former Governor George Pataki or Senator Marco Rubio but I don't know if they'll run. Probably not.

Gingrich does not have the Charisma.  Only a youthful and dynamic Republican candidate can defeat Obama.  

Here is some info on Gingrich:

The September issue of Esquire features an interview with Marianne Ginther, the second wife of perennial Republican presidential nominee Newt Gingrich. The two were married for more than 18 years, as were Gingrich and his first wife, Jackie Battley. The Ginther and Battley unions each lasted nearly twice as long as his third and current marriage, to former congressional aide Callista Bisek, with whom Gingrich had been having an affair while still married to Ginther. Actually, in a uncomfortable twist, Gingrich first courted Ginther while still married to Battley. If you’re confused, that’s because it’s confusing. For a helpful gloss to the former Speaker of the House’s matrimonial ecstasy and agony, consult our complete guide to Gingrich’s wives.

The betrothed: Jackie Battley
• Dates of marriage: 1962 to 1980.
• The meet-cute: Gingrich was a high school student when he met Battley, who, at the time, happened to be his geometry teacher. He says that when they started dating he was 18 and she was 25, although Ginther insists that Gingrich was just 16 at the time the teacher-student courtship commenced.
• How it all ends: According to Esquire, Gingrich “went to the hospital to present [Battley] with divorce terms while she was recovering from uterine cancer and then fought the case so hard, Jackie had to get a court order just to pay her utility bills.”

The betrothed: Marianne Ginther
• Dates of marriage: 1981 to 1999.
• The meet-cute: Ginther, the daughter of an Ohio mayor, met Gingrich at a political fundraiser. According to Esquire, Ginther “told him about the local economic decline, he said somebody needed to save the country. She said that he couldn't do it alone, he asked about her plans for the future.” They were married six months after Gingrich divorced Battley.
• How it all ends: (See: “Callista Bisek”)

The betrothed: Callista Bisek
• Dates of marriage: 2000 to present.
• The meet-cute: Bisek carried on a six-year affair with Gingrich while he was married to Battley and publicly flagellating President Clinton for his dalliance with Monica Lewinsky. According to Salon, Gingrich and the former Hill staffer (23 years his junior, mind you) would frequently dine in the Supreme Court cafeteria—an unsuspectingly sordid detail. (In 1995, Vanity Fair referred to Bisek as Gingrich’s “frequent breakfast companion.”) Gingrich stepped down from Congress in 1998 following an ethics scandal, among other things. The two were married two years later.
• How it all ends: Unknown at press time.
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 02:33:36 PM »
I like MicheleBachmann as well!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 03:00:43 PM »
I have seen her and I like her. I think she is better than Palin {who at this point is beyond repairable}. I still think Palin should stay in the limelight because she attracts a lot of leftist dirt, but that keeps them busy while the true right-wing candidate can form.

I hope that Bachman can fill that role...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 12:01:29 AM »
Like I mentioned in the http://jtf.org/forum/index.php/topic,55394.0.html thread,   Michele Bachmann is the candidate  ( assuming she runs )  that I prefer.     Whether Bachmann can realistically win the Presidency,   especially with the endless attacks that will come from the media,    remains my concern.      The fact that Chaim likes Michele Bachmann over anyone else who could realistically be in the 2012 Presidential Race,    reinforces my opinion that Bachmann would be the best President of those who might run.      If Michele Bachmann decides to run,  she's polling well in Iowa,   and clearly gaining momentum,  I'm probably going to go the extra mile in trying to help her win the Republican Nomination.     
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 01:57:43 AM »
This is an example of the type of attacks Michele Bachmann will face from the media if she runs for President.       The same applies to practically any Conservative Woman who believes in the Bible:

http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_room/2011/05/13/bachmann_president/index.html

Friday, May 13, 2011 12:15 ET
Michele Bachmann will run for president if you give her $50
Minnesota's most embarrassing export raises money to help her make a 2012 decision
By Alex Pareene

Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Maple Street, keeps threatening to run for president. She is currently exploring the formation of an exploratory committee. Despite the fact that she has not yet made her decision, she is already fundraising, because she is only running for president to go on TV and raise money.

The founder of the House Tea Party Caucus sent an email to her supporter list asking them to take a poll about the 2012 race, but what she really wants is for them to vote with their wallets:

If you want me to continue fighting the big-government Obama agenda in the U.S. House of Representatives, please make a generous donation of $25. If you want me to seek the Presidency, please make a donation of $50 or even $100 to let me know I can count on you.

How much should one donate to help her decide to just go away forever, though? (I am guessing the answer is, "you couldn't afford it.")

Considering the odd quasi-success of Herman Cain and the fact that the party's base has very little interest in all of the rest of the candidates, Bachmann would probably wield quite a bit of influence in the primaries. It could be fun to watch supposedly serious-minded candidates grovel for her approval once she dropped out, I guess. And these days she's all buddy-buddy with Ron Paul, so maybe she will soon announce that she is also pro-heroin?

I am just looking for some sort of silver lining to the continued, demoralizing political prominence of a person who is very obviously deranged. It's going to be a long election!

Alex Pareene writes about politics for Salon. Email him at [email protected] and follow him on Twitter @pareene More: Alex Pareene

"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 12:27:12 PM »
Some encouraging news for those of us who want Michele Bachmann to run for President:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/05/16/earlyshow/main20063182.shtml

May 16, 2011
Sources: Bachmann may join GOP race next month
Her advisers said to see "real opening" for her in light of Mike Huckabee deciding not to run for Republican presidential nod

(CBS News)  Former Ark. Gov. Mike Huckabee's announcement that he won't run for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination appears to have cleared the way for Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann to toss her hat into that ring, according to CBS News political correspondent Jan Crawford.

"The one person I think benefits most (from Huckabee's decision)," Crawford told "Early Show" co-anchor Erica Hill Monday, "and gets the biggest boost from this is ... Bachmann. Her advisers tell me they never thought Huckabee would run. That's why she'd been taking a hard look at getting into this race. But (on Sunday), sources close to Bachmann told me they really see a real opening for her, and they expect her to get into the race as soon as June.

"Bachmann," Crawford continued, "would be extremely competitive in key states like Iowa and South Carolina."

Crawford explained that Huckabee "was really not ever expected to run. But then, when Miss. Gov. Haley Barbour decided last month that he wasn't going to get in the race, Huckabee really started to rethink it. Polls show that he would have been a front-runner right away. And some of that private polling by other possible candidates had him dominant in key states like Iowa.

"But there were some financial considerations. Huckabee's really making some money now on his television show. He's building a new house in Florida. So he said he prayed for clarity, and he got it."

Huckabee was poling strong among social conservatives and many Tea Party members, Hill pointed out.

"You're obviously going to see this real jockeying right now among all these people who are out there vying to get that support," Crawford says. "I think the former Minnesota governor, Tim Pawlenty, has got to be breathing a sigh of relief. He's gonna be hoping to get those Huckabee supporters. As he's really fighting to be the alternative candidate to (former Mass. Gov.) Mitt Romney. He needed those social conservatives. He's trying to build a coalition with a whole bunch of conservatives.

"I think the other person (who will benefit) is the former Pennsylvania senator, Rick Santorum. This may allow him to stay in the race a little longer. He's been working really hard in South Carolina, a key primary state, and he's been getting a very good reception with social conservatives."

Crawford noted, "There are still a few others out there who may ... run. But I don't think that they're really as affected by Huckabee's decision. Gov. Mitch Daniels, in Indiana - obviously, we're expecting to hear from him. And the former Utah governor (and U.S. ambassador to China), Jon Huntsman. We'll hear from soon him, too."