Kahanist Singles > Jewish Singles

Is this ethno centric Sephardic only dating

(1/9) > >>

mord:
http://www.sephardicdating.com/homepage.html

TheCoon:
I don't agree with sites like this. It only promotes the notion that racial identity is important for Jews. A Jew is a Jew regardless of race. I'm not Jewish but I don't see a real reason for Sephardics to only marry Sephardics or Ashkenazis to only marry Ashkenazis and so on. If you're a Sephardic and only attracted to middle-eastern looking people then I suppose it's ok, but still... What is a good idea is for people to keep their cultural identity though :).

Also, this site allows you to search for male companions if you are a male and vice versa for females. This indicates they promote homosexuality as a viable alternative to real male/female relationships and marriages. Again, why make being Jewish an issue if you're gonna promote homosexuality? Seems very silly.

mord:
Yes i agree with you

strangelove:
Yeah that doesn't make sense. Jews are Jews and should be able to marry any other Jew.

Ehud:
This is a weird site, I've never seen anything like this.  If there was an Ashkenazi dating site, people would probably call it ethnocentric.  I think this mostly has to do with culture than ethnicity.  Believe it or not, there is a cultural difference between them and Ashkenazim.  I can sympathize with Sfaradim though because they make up a minority of American and European Jews.  It's harder for them to find partners than for Ashkenazim, so if they want to use a dating site I think that's fine.  I have no problem if a Sfardic Jew wants to marry someone who shares the same culture.  If they want to find a Sfardic mate, more power to them, at least they're dedicated to finding a Jewish parter, so that's good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version