Poll

Which of the following best described you when you were growing up?

You were violently bullied by others?
0 (0%)
You were psychologically bullied by others?
7 (25.9%)
You were bullied both ways?
7 (25.9%)
You bullied others physically?
0 (0%)
You bullied others psychologically?
3 (11.1%)
You bullied others both ways?
1 (3.7%)
Niether
6 (22.2%)
A little bit of both (were bullied and bullied others)?
3 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Cute little poll  (Read 5000 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Cute little poll
« on: June 11, 2007, 08:30:29 AM »
I was just curious...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Re: Cute little poll
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 09:09:39 AM »
I was just curious...

Both, the third one down.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Allen-T

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 09:29:15 AM »
Bullied both ways[third one down] that's why I'm so fu&5$!!in' cheerful now!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. Seriously, no one showed me how to fight, and when you are big that's a BIG problem. You are a trouble magnet. I took alot of BS for a looooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggggg time, from one asshoyle in particular. Then, one day this particular asshoyle pushed me one time too many. All I remember was the police pulling me off him after I elbowed his head into a steel wall so many times he collapsed and I was closing in to finish him off. Then I went through a psychotic period for awhile where I beat the crap out of everyone, or at least tried to. Then I became a Christian. I don't think I had totally made up for lost time when I accepted Jesus, hence my "rough around the edges" outlook on things. God needs to work on me more :) I did run into, many years later someone who had given me alot of trouble in the early days. He was a total dribbling moron, he had been really messed up in a car accident. I felt so good. God does crush evildoers. 

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 11:03:05 AM »
Bullied both ways[third one down] that's why I'm so fu&5$!!in' cheerful now!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. Seriously, no one showed me how to fight, and when you are big that's a BIG problem. You are a trouble magnet. I took alot of BS for a looooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggggg time, from one asshoyle in particular. Then, one day this particular asshoyle pushed me one time too many. All I remember was the police pulling me off him after I elbowed his head into a steel wall so many times he collapsed and I was closing in to finish him off. Then I went through a psychotic period for awhile where I beat the crap out of everyone, or at least tried to. Then I became a Christian. I don't think I had totally made up for lost time when I accepted Jesus, hence my "rough around the edges" outlook on things. G-d needs to work on me more :) I did run into, many years later someone who had given me alot of trouble in the early days. He was a total dribbling moron, he had been really messed up in a car accident. I felt so good. G-d does crush evildoers. 

Woah.  Do you mean by "closing in to finish him off" that you were attempting to kill him? 
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Joe Schmo

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 01:29:42 PM »
Bullied both ways[third one down] that's why I'm so fu&5$!!in' cheerful now!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. Seriously, no one showed me how to fight, and when you are big that's a BIG problem. You are a trouble magnet. I took alot of BS for a looooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggggg time, from one asshoyle in particular. Then, one day this particular asshoyle pushed me one time too many. All I remember was the police pulling me off him after I elbowed his head into a steel wall so many times he collapsed and I was closing in to finish him off. Then I went through a psychotic period for awhile where I beat the crap out of everyone, or at least tried to. Then I became a Christian. I don't think I had totally made up for lost time when I accepted Jesus, hence my "rough around the edges" outlook on things. G-d needs to work on me more :) I did run into, many years later someone who had given me alot of trouble in the early days. He was a total dribbling moron, he had been really messed up in a car accident. I felt so good. G-d does crush evildoers. 
Woah.  Do you mean by "closing in to finish him off" that you were attempting to kill him? 

What ever became of that person?

Allen, I sure hope that you don't go looking to pick fights!  It would be my guess that you have experience ENDING fights...not starting them.  Am I correct?

Street fighting is kids stuff, for men with something to prove.  I'm NOT accusing you of this Allen.  As you know, I'm an Allen-t fan.

We should get together and drink beer sometime when I'm in New York. 
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 01:51:01 PM by Scriabin »

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 01:42:00 PM »
I had both kinds of bullies (doesn't almost everyone?) but I clocked the worst of them in the nose.

I wound up in that principals office for fights so many times... but I also took boxing lessons when I was a kid and that had something to do with it.

Since back in the school days, there really haven't been any bullies (or fights)... but I'm a very point blank person and I don't have any problems with confrontation.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 04:18:42 PM »
somewhat psychologically, if anything physical happened i would kick their [censored] and that would be the end of that, but when it was verbal i didnt respond most of the time.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 05:08:41 PM »
I was picked on all the time...usually got sad or depressed..until i got over it and overcame any cruelty.  Maybe one physcial bully, but not really...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Allen-T

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2007, 06:22:56 PM »

That was probably my frame of mind at the moment.

Allen-T

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2007, 06:34:46 PM »

What ever became of that person?

Allen, I sure hope that you don't go looking to pick fights!  It would be my guess that you have experience ENDING fights...not starting them.  Am I correct?

Street fighting is kids stuff, for men with something to prove.  I'm NOT accusing you of this Allen.  As you know, I'm an Allen-t fan.

We should get together and drink beer sometime when I'm in New York. 

Of course I don't go looking for fights. I hate fighting. But it is necessary sometimes. Size means nothing, there is always someone weaker and stronger and they could be bigger or smaller. Generally my size as kept me out of fights. As a Christian I believe that when one turns the other cheek, it must be clearly communicated that it is being done by choice, not by fear. Backing off when confronted out of fear only breeds more trouble. Better to return fist for fist when attacked and repent later than be perceived as a coward. Your enemy will respect you more. Turning the other cheek never overides self defense. The better able you are to win fights e.g. training in karate, for example, the more often you can successfully "turn that other cheek" and walk away with your dignity and the enemies respect, I think. Of course we can meet for beer whenever you are in NY. I found a great micro brewery in Union Square that makes  an amazing Czech style beer from domestic ingredients.       

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2007, 06:38:57 PM »
When I was in 8th grade this kid bullied me but I just ignored him since I was a very nonviolent person.   Well, that didn't help since it only encouraged the guy to continue.  So one day, I got fed up and beat the guy up and made him cry in front of the whole class.  That finally stopped the guy. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2007, 06:43:21 PM »
You know what I learned from all that, though? I learned that if you fight back hard... they will almost always back down. It's the same thing with the arabs. If we keep acting like a weak loser, then they will never stop killing. Bullies and the like have a nose for weakness and giving them land is NEVER going to work.

The oddest thing about it, though... I remembered that almost every time I'd jump on some kid and pound on him (when I had, finally, had enough), I'd wind up being fairly good friends with that person. Odd how that worked out. My guess was that some people only learn respect through getting a fist in the face.

That taught me a lot about how things actually work. It's only the idealists who won't look at responsibility who have a problem with that. They try to make reality into what they WISH rather than asking themselves if we are responsible enough as a whole to handle the consequences of their ideal.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2007, 06:48:51 PM »
I never bullied anyone but I also made sure no one tried that with me when I was in school.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Joe Schmo

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2007, 07:23:19 PM »
You know what I learned from all that, though? I learned that if you fight back hard... they will almost always back down. It's the same thing with the arabs. If we keep acting like a weak loser, then they will never stop killing. Bullies and the like have a nose for weakness and giving them land is NEVER going to work.

Yes.  Bullies and people with big mouths are usually cowards.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2007, 07:27:34 PM »

1) Backing off when confronted out of fear only breeds more trouble. Better to return fist for fist when attacked and repent later than be perceived as a coward. Your enemy will respect you more. 

2) I found a great micro brewery in Union Square that makes  an amazing Czech style beer from domestic ingredients.       

1) I agree.  Obviously, if someone is assualting you, they must be dealt with.  I was reffering to people with big mouths and people that 'act tough'.

2) Awesome!

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2007, 01:43:31 AM »
I bullied and was bullied as well.

Imerica

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2007, 11:08:45 AM »
I picked "bullied both ways" when I was growing up. My mom's ex would be the first experience I'd have with beatings for no apparent reason, and constant belittleing. My uncle, you know the history...
Amazingly, I only had one fight in my life which was when I was 17. It was actually a set-up. My brother knew some guys down the street from us who were gang bangers. They told him to join and he refused so what they did, in effort to get him 'jumped in' was tell their sister that I wanted to fight her (which would cause my brother to jump in to protect me, which would ALSO be the perfect opportunity for him to get jumped in by her brothers). It didn't turn out the way they wanted ... nor in my favor either. Long story short, I began my Senior year in High School with a bandaged up left cheek because the girl had bitten me in the face. If it helps my case any, I had the best of her, on the ground with my thumbs in her eyes....but I'd forgotten that her hands were free. OUCH! :(

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2007, 11:17:54 AM »
I wouldn't eat Halal meat or fast during Ramadan. The Muslim animals in my junior high school and high school said I was going to Hell and I told them to go to Hell and that I live in a free country and can do whatever I want. This was a public school. One day an Afghan Jihad monkey through soda and it spilled on my hair and then I attacked him with my fists and feet. They lie about their age saying they're 15 when they're really 25. I always had problems with Islamic animals in my school because they thought I was an apostate. Definitely one reason why I left Islam and would like to see all Muslims exterminated.

Wow! That's amazing. So what made you finally decide to leave? And how did you find the forum? That is just so interesting. I think Sarah had something similar.

Glad you found us...

jeffguy

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2007, 11:20:45 AM »
I wouldn't eat Halal meat or fast during Ramadan. The Muslim animals in my junior high school and high school said I was going to Hell and I told them to go to Hell and that I live in a free country and can do whatever I want. This was a public school. One day an Afghan Jihad monkey through soda and it spilled on my hair and then I attacked him with my fists and feet. They lie about their age saying they're 15 when they're really 25. I always had problems with Islamic animals in my school because they thought I was an apostate. Definitely one reason why I left Islam and would like to see all Muslims exterminated.

Forget Halal.  Put some pork on your fork.

Ramandan?  Who gives a damn?
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2007, 02:42:38 PM »
You left Islam Norman. Please tell the story.

I will never admit to being bullied. Even if people have insulted or even physically abused me, i don't see it as bullying. The Sins are on them.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2007, 03:59:17 PM »
Sarah, I don't quite understand this statement. Are you saying it is dishonorable to admit to bullying or what?

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2007, 06:22:10 PM »
Nothing is more cowardly then being a bully.  But it is honorable for you to stand up to bullies and put them in their place of what they are cowards.  If you stand up to them every bully crawls into the corner and curl up.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2007, 05:42:45 PM »
Norman were you born a muslim? Where are you from?

Chaimfan i didn't mean that it was dishonorable to admit to bullying, in a way its a form of courage itself. However personally i cannot distinguish what bullying is, i have had fights and have been picked on or insulted but i never see it as bullying against myself. I just call it an arguement or dispute of some sort.........

ftf

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2007, 07:07:55 PM »
This topic is not about Islam, I have returned it to the general board.