Author Topic: I need your advice! Animal advice!  (Read 2356 times)

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: I need your advice! Animal advice!
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2011, 10:04:36 PM »
How about some dog biscuits that help with bad breath OR if Dogs can eat parsely, give him some.  That leaves good breath in the most malodorous mouths

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2011, 10:37:15 PM »
What type of breed is it?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2011, 07:16:05 AM »
Just my two cents but, I agree with giving the dog a bath as your best option. Having had both dogs and cats I can say wholeheartedly that, whatever smell a cat may have is insignificant compared to the smell of a dog. Litter boxes are a different story and really need to be kept clean, though.

One more thing that comes to mind. Try not to walk him in the rain. If you think he stinks now, you have a huge surprise in store if you ever get him wet.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2011, 07:31:33 AM »
I would suggest taking the dog to the vet to check for tooth or ear problems but it depends on how much that would cost.

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2011, 11:27:31 AM »
Thanks guys. I've been walking him at likr 5 or 530 a.m. and then again after 10 p.m. No accidents which is good B'H. I will probably got to the pet store to ask them about cheap hygenic products.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2011, 11:48:39 AM »
Thanks guys. I've been walking him at likr 5 or 530 a.m. and then again after 10 p.m. No accidents which is good B'H. I will probably got to the pet store to ask them about cheap hygenic products.

what breed is this dog and how much longer until you have him?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2011, 12:26:05 PM »
No clue the breed. Some sort of mix. I have him until next Thursday  :'( :'( :'( :'(  But the second he leaves I will have a cleaning party!!!!!

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2011, 09:45:29 AM »
You can give this dog to someone who can not smell the things due to his nasal problems.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2011, 06:55:25 PM »
Mo, you came to the right person, I have 2 dogs and a cat.  Cats don't have to worry they clean themselves and bathe almost all day long.  Dogs do not.  Dogs do tend to stink I know this may end up being an expense you may have to remind your friend that but.  Go to the supermarket or a pet shop and they have shampoo for dogs.  Lock the dog in the bathroom and put him in the tub and make sure the water is at warm, not hot that the dog gets burned or cold that the dog freezes.  Just comfort warm.  Is it a short haired? Make sure after you bathe him that the drain is fully cleaned out of all dog  hair if not you will have a problem with your drain pipes.  I bathe my dogs once a week and also give em dentin dog biscuit bones for their teeth.  Pedigree sells them.  I think you are brave taking this challenge on if you never had before, but that is the advice I can give.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2011, 08:40:53 AM »
Mo, you came to the right person, I have 2 dogs and a cat.  Cats don't have to worry they clean themselves and bathe almost all day long.  Dogs do not.  Dogs do tend to stink I know this may end up being an expense you may have to remind your friend that but.  Go to the supermarket or a pet shop and they have shampoo for dogs.  Lock the dog in the bathroom and put him in the tub and make sure the water is at warm, not hot that the dog gets burned or cold that the dog freezes.  Just comfort warm.  Is it a short haired? Make sure after you bathe him that the drain is fully cleaned out of all dog  hair if not you will have a problem with your drain pipes.  I bathe my dogs once a week and also give em dentin dog biscuit bones for their teeth.  Pedigree sells them.  I think you are brave taking this challenge on if you never had before, but that is the advice I can give.

Thank you, brother.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2011, 02:01:24 PM »
Look on the bright side, at least they didn't leave a muslim arab for you to look after. They smell and act much worse.
So very true Shlomo. Mo should be counting his blessings instead of complaining about the dog's odor!  ;D

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2011, 08:19:01 PM »
So very true Shlomo. Mo should be counting his blessings instead of complaining about the dog's odor!  ;D

I can do away with a muzzie; this dog is actually a good dog.