Author Topic: wait what happened to leahlax?  (Read 1053 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
wait what happened to leahlax?
« on: July 03, 2011, 02:36:03 PM »
What happened?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
Re: wait what happened to leahlax?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 02:56:06 PM »
Her new name is "remove name"?

:o
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 03:24:53 PM »
Her new name is "remove name"?

:o

Strange isn't it?
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 03:51:32 PM »
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 05:33:57 PM »
Ok,

Im late in this business but here is my take...

LeahLax thinks that she has an audience to support her so-called bid to be a Jewish Democrat who has conservative ideals. I don't really buy that entire premise myself, but maybe she is sincere in her efforts.

She claimed some here spoke Lashon Hara against her and thus has the opinion we are 'bad Jews' for speaking badly of a fellow Jew. I myself did not speak badly of her, and I think maybe she has a point that some people were initially not giving her the benefit of the doubt.

But I also found a few things odd about her entire JTF experience. Immediately she began posting news articles without proper links to the original article, nor did she make any comment on her opinion about the article. I think JTF should not just repost important articles but we should also add our opinions and suggestions.

Aside from that I think she had some preconceived notions of the JTF crowd. I don't think most of us just accept anyone who pops in at face value until we get to know them.

See this thread for more information : http://jtf.org/forum/index.php/topic,56124.msg510084.html#msg510084
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 06:03:00 PM »
I suppose I'm (one of) the accused of speaking ill of Leah Lax. Well I didn't intend to offend her but I spoke frankly what I thought of her bid for the white house. And while she seems to be a real person her rapid starting and locking of new threads justifiably raised my suspicion that we are dealing with a troll.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 06:17:48 PM »
I put a lot of effort into not doing lashon hara, although no one is perfect and I quickly stop if I think I may be leading up to doing it (or hearing someone else do it). But to be completely honest (constructive criticism), I was really put off by her repetitive posting of articles. Still I didn't say anything, I just skimmed through the posts and logged out. I was like "umm okay then..."
I rather ignore than insult. And I respect others. If this lady wants to run for pres then good for her.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 06:33:36 PM by IsraeliHeart »

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 06:57:06 PM »
I suppose I'm (one of) the accused of speaking ill of Leah Lax. Well I didn't intend to offend her but I spoke frankly what I thought of her bid for the white house. And while she seems to be a real person her rapid starting and locking of new threads justifiably raised my suspicion that we are dealing with a troll.
I was on for most of the time that Leah Lax was here and you did not say anything unreasonable... The person is very strange to say the least and I suspected that she was problematic right from the start... You at least put your cards on the table...Asking if it was some sort of troll was very reasonable as we now see... When she started locking the treads I opened them and then wrote her telling her to quit it or risk being banned... The lady has about as much potential to be president as does the local dog catcher... She was very comical and some of the web pages that come up on her are even more comical... She posted here and should at least have the integrity to leave her name on what she posted.... I guess she is like all the other story twisting Democrap politicians.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 07:11:43 PM »
I put a lot of effort into not doing lashon hara, although no one is perfect and I quickly stop if I think I may be leading up to doing it (or hearing someone else do it). But to be completely honest (constructive criticism), I was really put off by her repetitive posting of articles. Still I didn't say anything, I just skimmed through the posts and logged out. I was like "umm okay then..."
I rather ignore than insult. And I respect others. If this lady wants to run for pres then good for her.
There was really no lashon hara to speak off... It's was just a tactic by the poster to keep people off her back while she did her crazy business here... G-d bless her in her run for the presidency but I think she has gone about as far as that train wreck will take her.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 07:25:13 PM »
I thought the repetitive posting and thread locking seemed very peculiar. 
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2011, 09:56:42 PM »
Good catch CJD!
I was not paying much attention to her initially but only later became aware when her odd repetive post popped up

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2011, 11:21:32 PM »
There was really no lashon hara to speak off... It's was just a tactic by the poster to keep people off her back while she did her crazy business here...

A very wise point.

By accusing of lashon hara, she hopes to avoid just criticism.   And also to raise the defenses of some of our more pious members.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2011, 07:13:23 AM »
Just like the israeli forum, I'm open to having people here who are sincere and want to engage in debate. I welcomed her and then criticized a point she made about bachmann.

Meh. 
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2011, 07:27:56 AM »
Just like the israeli forum, I'm open to having people here who are sincere and want to engage in debate. I welcomed her and then criticized a point she made about bachmann.

Meh. 
The person wanted no debate she was using JTF as a message board and trying to lure our membership to her crazy broadcasts... I mean come on.... How in the world does she expect to get anywhere running for office as a radical right winger in the Democrat party  :::D  The person seemed to be delusional  with her undertaking however I wish her well just the same... In my opinion JTF does not need to be seriously associated with what she was selling.