Author Topic: Its Official : Chabad considers itself Zionist  (Read 1189 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Its Official : Chabad considers itself Zionist
« on: July 20, 2011, 03:57:49 PM »
I have known this for quite some time... But recently Chabad came out and said openly that it is Zionist.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/145899#.Ticy-Cy6SL8

Chabad is Zionist, Rabbi Says

A spokesman for the Chabad-Lubavitch Chassidic movement says the sect is Zionist in its support for Israel.
Chana Ya'ar

A spokesman for the Chabad-Lubavitch worldwide Chassidic movement says the sect is Zionist in its support for Israel.

Rabbi Menachem Brod of Kfar Chabad told Arutz Sheva in an exclusive interview Tuesday that the traditional definition of the term has morphed into one that has become unclear.

Brod set about clarifying what the Chabad-Lubavitch movement defines Zionism to mean “in the practical sense of the word,” making it clear that its Jewish origins have not changed.

“If the definition of 'Zionism' is defined as detachment from Jewish roots and becoming a nation like any other, we oppose that – and so did all the great Torah leaders. But if Zionism is about loving the land, about national security, settling the land, then Chabad definitely supports those important activities,” he declared.

Brod, who serves as the movement's spokesman in Israel, was responding to criticism from the Reform movement-affiliated group Hiddush (Hebrew for “innovation”).

The group had attempted to persuade Knesset members to call off a Knesset event – an evening to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Federation of Jewish Communities of the CIS. The event was held to honor Chabad for its decades-long outreach to Jews in the former Soviet Union.

Hiddush argued that the Knesset should not support Chabad because it is “anti-Zionist.”

No MKs responded to the appeal, however, and the event was held as scheduled.

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu, who addressed a Tel Aviv hall filled to capacity at the event, told the Chabad emissaries, “You stand atop of the mountain, and the Jewish people gathered at its base salute you. I am the first [to do so].”

Among the hundreds of Chabad emissaries from the former Soviet Union to attend the event were Russia's Chief Rabbi, Berel Lazar and philanthropist Lev Leviev, head of Africa-Israel.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Its Official : Chabad considers itself Zionist
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 04:05:32 PM »
Baruch Hashem!!!!  Now let's get them on the Kahanist camp! :dance: :dance: :dance:
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 04:07:53 PM »
Baruch Hashem!!!!  Now let's get them on the Kahanist camp! :dance: :dance: :dance:

I try.... Whenever I am with my Chabad friends during Shabbat or Yom Tov I conveniently turn the discussion towards nationalist topics... I believe I have had a small impact on my small group of friends...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 04:29:11 PM »
I try.... Whenever I am with my Chabad friends during Shabbat or Yom Tov I conveniently turn the discussion towards nationalist topics... I believe I have had a small impact on my small group of friends...

when it comes down to Jewish surivival, there is NO COMPROMISE.  Yehuda vi Shomron is not only given to us by Hashem, but is critical to our survival in today's time.  Eventually as some point it will be Jordan or East of the Nile or to the Euphrates, but as mentioned in the Torah, Gd does not intend on giving it all at once.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 04:36:21 PM »

Good but it took them a while...

Offline The proud Jew

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 05:16:04 PM »
most chabadnicks loved rabbi kahane. They are non political as an organization. Allthough most of chabadniks in israel vote for the "right wing partys". I love chabad! They are rightous jews who spread torah judiasm through love, kindness, and simcha. They do so much for the jewish community. I met a chabad rabbi who met rabbi kahane and he told me that rabbi kahane told him" If it wasnt for the chabad all of the united states jewry would be lost and confused".