Author Topic: Eye opening documentary about Herzl and secular Zionists that founded the state  (Read 1233 times)

Offline Yaacov Ben Yehuda

• Senior JTFer
its in 9 parts...a must see!  Hebrew with English sub titles.

part 1:

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
This is some video series Golani.  Thank you for posting it--Awesome

Offline Yaacov Ben Yehuda

• Senior JTFer
This is some video series Golani.  Thank you for posting it--Awesome

no porblem...i think its important to know these facts and the things Herzl, Ben Gurion, and even Jabotinsky stood for...and thought about Judasim

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
I take all of this with a grain of salt. I have seen this video before actually.  I'm pretty sure it was made by Rabbi Amnon Yitzhak, although I'm not sure.  In any case, it is clearly an anti-zionist polemic and it utilizes some arab-loving sources for its "dirt" on the antireligious aspects of the founders.   Given that Rabbi Kahane's father had a personal friendship with Jabotinsky and held him in highest regard, and Rabbi Kahane himself never slung mud or attacked the foundations of Jabotinsky, I find it hard to believe that a snippet here or there from his diary is representative of his views as he matured in his beliefs over his lifetime or that his philosophy was as the film makes it out to be...  Otherwise how could these great men promote him/them and honor his/their memories?   Something doesn't add up.

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
Herzl, Brener, Nordau had more antisemitic experssions than Hitler, Goebbels and Streicher. Post-Judaism often poses as Judaism, at time even as Jewish nationalism. But Zionism isn't Jewish nationalism but in truth it's European nationalism which userps superficial folklore loosely based on Judaism in order to create a new European-styled nationality for Jews

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
Herzl, Brener, Nordau had more antisemitic experssions than Hitler, Goebbels and Streicher. Post-Judaism often poses as Judaism, at time even as Jewish nationalism. But Zionism isn't Jewish nationalism but in truth it's European nationalism which userps superficial folklore loosely based on Judaism in order to create a new European-styled nationality for Jews

You are correct. Herzl was very assimilated and self-hating. He did not want to create a Jewish state. He wanted a European-style binational democracy.
He was ashamed of the Jews and he wanted to help Austria and the rest of Europe get rid of them because he viewed them as some kind of stain on the German culture he admired so much. He thought the Jews could be some form of sub-Germans in the Middle East.
Of course what I'm saying is not the official version in Israel.

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
pardon my ignorance but, what?

what makes them so bad?

all i heard about these people was the israeli government's version of what herzel stood for, what is the kahanist version?