Author Topic: Movies filimed in the Holy City, what do you think?  (Read 538 times)

Offline jbeige

• Senior JTFer
Movies filimed in the Holy City, what do you think?
« on: August 29, 2011, 04:55:21 PM »
I want to know what everyone thinks about this.
Israeli officials are promising better tax breaks, terror attack insurance and handouts of up to $400,000 to lure international movie producers to the holy city of Jerusalem. They want to cash in on the multibillion-dollar industry, and want the real Jerusalem on the silver screen – not Mediterranean stand-ins.
Thank you.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Movies filimed in the Holy City, what do you think?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 05:00:24 PM »
If there is business sense in this I might be in favor of it.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 05:04:30 PM »
Well judging based on the articles which I read I am not so keen on the idea. We don't want to bring Hollywood to the Holy Land... And especially considering what kind of films they are talking about producing in Jerusalem...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 05:58:39 PM »
The idea is basically not good.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 09:55:13 PM »
If Spielberg is directing it, heck no!

But if it's a historical movie, then I am not opposed to it.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 09:59:09 PM »
If Spielberg is directing it, heck no!

But if it's a historical movie, then I am not opposed to it.

They are not talking about a 'movie'.... They are talking about creating an industry of creating Christian movies in the Holy Land.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hZpoRvjp76zWXuYT7kHnkfImmPGg?docId=3b469d2715a640e78396f920cd545ad7

Israel lures Hollywood to film in the Holy Land

By DANIEL ESTRIN, Associated Press – 19 hours ago

JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel is tired of Hollywood filming Jesus' crucifixion in Italy and the Crusader invasion of the Holy Land in Morocco.

So Israeli officials are promising better tax breaks, terror attack insurance and handouts of up to $400,000 to lure international movie producers to the holy city of Jerusalem. They want to cash in on the multibillion-dollar industry, and want the real Jerusalem on the silver screen — not Mediterranean stand-ins.

JERUSALEM IS NOT A MOVIE PROP! IT IS THE SITE OF THE FIRST TWO HOLY TEMPLES AND THE SITE OF THE COMING THIRD TEMPLE!

« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 10:18:05 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14