Author Topic: What is general view about India in Jewish Heart?  (Read 4200 times)

Offline maelgwyn

• Pro JTFer
Re: What is general view about India in Jewish Heart?
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2011, 11:23:06 PM »
YES! That can be a problem! :)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2011, 12:01:33 AM »
There are obvious problems jews have with your religion. I dont want to know about what you believe. My indian friend was aware that Judaism frowns very badly on idol worship. Woshipping nature is also a  big nono...

Non jews who are righteous (noachides) still must believe in only one G-d.. Jews should never make agreements with those who worship idols, or nature...

Otherwise i think indians are good people...Please do not mention any of the names of your dieties as that would cause righteous jews to transgress our commandments...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2011, 12:16:59 AM »
just a question, but how does knowing the names of foreign deity's hurt fidelity?

im sure everyone on this forum knows about jesus, but that doesnt make us run to the nearest church. we are also unfortunately familiar with islam, but baruch hashem we arn't running towards the nearest mosque to strap ourselves with a bomb.

im also sure we are all familiar with star wars, but the few people that worship the force are beyond help anyway, so without star wars, they would be worshiping a rock or something.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2011, 12:22:45 AM »
Why would a proud Indian write "I am proud that  we people drink cow urine or  worship rats or monkeys." ???????  Maybe I misunderstood.  I hope you are not a troll

Offline deathb4dishonor

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2011, 12:27:08 AM »
hmm..

But in my City lots of youth from Israel come as tourist and visit our temples and other holy places too ..

I have seen some of them wearing Indian T-shirts with "OM" printed (hindu symbol).

I will try to get a video interview of those people
I want to learn Hebrew if anyone can honestly assist without any prejudice p.m me !

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2011, 12:34:08 AM »
Why would a proud Indian write "I am proud that  we people drink cow urine or  worship rats or monkeys." ???????  Maybe I misunderstood.  I hope you are not a troll

good thought

Offline deathb4dishonor

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2011, 12:34:52 AM »
Why would a proud Indian write "I am proud that  we people drink cow urine or  worship rats or monkeys." ???????  Maybe I misunderstood.  I hope you are not a troll

It is difference of perception we treat nature holy and give respect to animals so wats wrong in this?

Cow Urine has medicinal value in Ayurveda so why others have problem ??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayurveda
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 12:48:54 AM by deathb4dishonor »
I want to learn Hebrew if anyone can honestly assist without any prejudice p.m me !

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2011, 12:58:41 AM »
i have no clue what cow urine is composed of but i can probably say this much: the enzymes and bacteria associated with bees is most likely not the same stuff as enzymes and bacteria associated with cows. correct me if im wrong.

Offline deathb4dishonor

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2011, 01:06:03 AM »
i have no clue what cow urine is composed of but i can probably say this much: the enzymes and bacteria associated with bees is most likely not the same stuff as enzymes and bacteria associated with cows. correct me if im wrong.

As per my biological knowledge both contain Salts !

The Main Elements of Cow Urine and Their Functions

Many useful elements have been found in urine. Some of them are as below :
Urea

Urea is a major element found in urine and is the end product of protein metabolism. It is strong antibacterial agent.

Uric acid

Uric acid is similar to Urea and has strong antibacterial properties. In addition it helps to control cancer-causing substances.

Minerals
Minerals from urine can be very easily reabsorbed as compared to those derived from food. Urine probably contains more different types of minerals than those derived from food. Urine becomes turbid if left alone for a while This is because when enzyme present in urine dissolve urea and change it into ammonia then urine becomes strongly alkaline making it difficult to dissolve rich minerals. Therefore stale urine looks turbid This does not mean that it has decayed Urine with a higher ammonical disorder content when applied to the skin plays an important role in beautifying it.

Bioactive substance and hormones
Urokinase : Dissolves blood clots, helps in curing heart diseases and improves blood circulation.
Epithelium growth factor : Helps, repair and regenerate damaged tissues and cells
Colony stimulating factor : It is effective for cell division and multiplication.
Growth hormone : Shows different bioactive effects such as promotion of protein production, cartilage growth, fat decomposition.
Erythropoetine : Promotes production of red blood cells.
Gonadotropins : Promotes normalization of menstrual cycle and sperm production Kallikrin: -Releases kallidin that expands peripheral veins and reduce blood pressure.
Tripsyn inhibitor : Effective for prevention and healing of muscular tumor.
Allantoine : Heals wounds and tumors.
Anti-cancer substance : Anti-neoplaston, H-11 beta-iodole-acetic acid, directine, 3-methyl gloxal, etc. differ from chemotherapeutic drugs, which kill or injure all kinds of cells. They strongly prevent the multiplication of carcinogenic cells and return them to normal.

Nitrogen
It is diuretic & stimulates kidney naturally.
Sulphur
It increases intestinal peristalsis and purifies blood.
AmmoniaIt maintains integrity of body tissues and blood.
Copper
It checks excessive deposition of fat.
Iron
It maintains RBC counts in blood and stabilizes stamina.
Phosphate
It has litlhotriptic action.
Sodium
It purifies the blood and checks hyperacidity.
Potassium
It is appetizer and climinatcs muscle fatigue.
Magnese
It is antibacterial and prevents gas gangrene.
Carbolic Acid
It is antibacterial and prevents gas gangrene.
Calcium
It purifies blood & provide nutrition to bones; helps in coagulation of blood.
Salts
Antibacterial, Prevents Comma, and kctoacidois.
Vitamin A, B, C, D, E
They prevent excessive thirst, infuses vigour, and increase potency.
Lactose Sugar
Gives strength to heart, checks excessive thirst and giddiness.
Enzymes
Improve immunity, and promote the secretion of digestive juices.
Water
Controles the body temperature maintains the fluidity of blood.
Hippuric Acid
Excrete toxins through the urine.
Creatinine
It is antibacterial.
Swama Kshar
Antibacterial, improves immunity, and acts as an antidote.
Some hormones presents in 8-month pregnant cow which are very good for health.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2011, 01:41:48 AM »
I see no problems with Hindu Nationalists in our forum, assuming they respect Judaism and don't ever preach or proselytize.

I don't think you are a troll at all, and I think your intentions are sincere.

Offline deathb4dishonor

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2011, 01:55:07 AM »
I see no problems with Hindu Nationalists in our forum, assuming they respect Judaism and don't ever preach or proselytize.

I don't think you are a troll at all, and I think your intentions are sincere.

Ya u made a right point

For us religion is not a mercantile good neither we believe in conversion nor in propagation of our faith by marketing it anywhere or by any mean.
For us it is way of life and we are contend with that but sincerely if someone questions my faith I have a right to defend my faith accordingly .

Yes certainly i not here for trolling i am keen to find prospective of Indo-Israel friendship.

PS : Can someone help me find the name of this person ?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 02:19:25 AM by deathb4dishonor »

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2011, 02:45:34 AM »
deathb4dishonor asked about a video he posted

Can someone help me find the name of this person ?
It's at the start of the video Gutman Locks
If you really want to contact that person, I remember that Tamar Yona who runs radio programs over the internet
at http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Radio/ once did an interview with Gutman Locks.
Maybe through contacting her you can get to him.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2011, 03:42:44 AM »
just a question, but how does knowing the names of foreign deity's hurt fidelity?

im sure everyone on this forum knows about jesus, but that doesnt make us run to the nearest church. we are also unfortunately familiar with islam, but baruch hashem we arn't running towards the nearest mosque to strap ourselves with a bomb.

im also sure we are all familiar with star wars, but the few people that worship the force are beyond help anyway, so without star wars, they would be worshiping a rock or something.

Shalom Meerkat,

I have explained this before, but maybe not since you have been a member.

There is a commandment in the Torah which explains that we should not learn, or say the name of any so-called deity or force, which is not according to the faith of our forefathers Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

See this article which discusses the commandment of not mentioning the name of other/foreign deities...

http://www.shemayisrael.com/parsha/chrysler/archives/eikev59.htm

(The Mitzvos Lo Sa'aseh)

13. Not to swear by the name of an idol - as the Torah writes in Mishpotim "And you shall not mention the name of other gods" (Sh'mos 23:13).

One is not permitted to make a vow in his name either.

Included in this la'av is not to make a gentile swear by his G-d. Even just to mention the name of an idol is forbidden - even if it is not in the context of an oath. For example, one Jew should not say to another (or to a gentile) 'Wait for me beside such and such an idol'.

One is permitted to mention the names of gods mentioned in the Torah (such as Ba'al Pe'or and Ne'vo, seeing as they are no longer worshipped).

One may also not cause others to make vows or to swear in the name of other gods. This mitzvah applies everywhere and at all times, to men and women alike.

14. Not to cause a town in Yisroel to go astray - as the Torah writes in Mishpotim (Sh'mos 23:13) "It shall not be heard by your mouth. "

Someone who entices an individual to serve idols is called 'meisis', and someone who entices a town is called 'madi'ach'. He is put to death by stoning, even if he himself did not serve idols, as long as the people that he enticed did.

This mitzvah applies everywhere, and at all times, to men and women alike.

15. Not to eat or drink from a sacrifice that is offered to an idol - as the Torah writes in Ki Siso "Beware lest you make a treaty with the inhabitants of the lands ... and he calls to you and you eat from his sacrifice" (Sh'mos 34: 12-15).

Included in this la'av is not to drink wine that was poured out to an idol. One may derive no benefit from sacrifices of idolatry or from wine that was poured out ('yayin nesech'). Someone who eats or drinks either of them receives malkos.

Drinking any wine belonging to a non-Jew is a Rabbinical prohibition. Someone who drinks a revi'is (one and a half egg-volumes) receives makas mardus (malkos de'Rabbonon).

It is forbidden to benefit from Jewish wine that was deliberately touched by a non-Jew. It is also prohibited to eat at the party that a non-Jew made for his son or daughter's wedding - even if one eats one's own food and one's own waiter is serving. This mitzvah applies everywhere and at all times, to men and women alike.

16. Not to turn to an idol - as the Torah writes in Kedoshim "Do not turn to gods" (19: 4).

It is forbidden to turn to them both verbally and in thought, and even just to look at them. Nor is one permitted to read books that pertain to them or to enquire how one worships them, because through that he will switch his mind to them and think about them. Anyone who turns to an idol in a way that involves performing an act receives Malkos. This mitzvah applies everywhere and at all times, to men and women alike.

17. Not to derive any benefit from ornaments that adorn an idol - as the Torah writes in Vo'Eschanan (7:25) "Do not covet the silver and gold that is on them and take them for yourself".

This mitzvah applies everywhere and at all times, to men and women alike.

And the issue is not that saying the name will cause one to run to the nearest site of foreign worship but that it may cause one to think about that deity and find some truth, which may later on lead them down a path which leads to violating some of the commandments concerning avodah zarah.

I do not say any names of G-d other than that which has been taught to the Jewish people. Sure I know of them but I do not want to learn about them because there is enough to learn about my own faith to keep me busy.

PS: Come to think of it this post was off-topic... It really has nothing to do with our relationship with Indian nationalists. I have no problem working with them... But I just wanted to clarify why I said what I did in my previous post.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 04:09:54 AM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline maelgwyn

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2011, 03:58:00 AM »
Mrs Patel runs our corner shop! : :::D:

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2011, 07:44:45 AM »
Well I knew someone in person who went to India and came back with dysentery because they drank the water so I doubt it's completely eradicated. Also I don't care what the health benefits of it are drinking cow urine is not something you can expect the average American to look upon with anything but complete disgust.

http://www.ehow.com/about_5114065_amoebic-dysentery.html
"Places like India, Africa, South America and Mexico are the most affected by amoebic dysentery. People traveling to these places should avoid eating raw vegetables and drinking water that has not been boiled or properly treated."

With those things said I do prefer Hindus to Muslims and I wish you luck in reclaiming Pakistan. That doesn't mean I'm going to like those other things though.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2011, 11:19:38 PM »
Well I knew someone in person who went to India and came back with dysentery because they drank the water so I doubt it's completely eradicated. Also I don't care what the health benefits of it are drinking cow urine is not something you can expect the average American to look upon with anything but complete disgust.

http://www.ehow.com/about_5114065_amoebic-dysentery.html
"Places like India, Africa, South America and Mexico are the most affected by amoebic dysentery. People traveling to these places should avoid eating raw vegetables and drinking water that has not been boiled or properly treated."

With those things said I do prefer Hindus to Muslims and I wish you luck in reclaiming Pakistan. That doesn't mean I'm going to like those other things though.

Not sure if this is relevant here Rubystars, but amoebic dysentery comes from fecal matter particulate, not urine.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2011, 09:54:57 AM »
Not sure if this is relevant here Rubystars, but amoebic dysentery comes from fecal matter particulate, not urine.

Right I wasn't saying that. It's the contaminated water (with feces) that they get it from. I was just saying that I tend to think of that infection when I think of India because I knew someone who got it there from drinking water without boiling it and I also read in different sites that it's one of the main places you have to watch out for that and take precautions.

I was making a separate point that I think drinking cow urine is filthy. It probably ironically enough though poses less of a threat than drinking the water.  ;D

I can see why that got confusing though in post #41 because I didn't put a paragraph break there. Thanks for helping me clarify.

Offline deathb4dishonor

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2011, 10:41:57 AM »
@Rubystars

Sheer ignorance is being reflected in your posts .
I suggest you to respect religious views of others and have unbiased study of what all you have alleged .

This video is having some facts about India which i think i should share ..

Lady is translating in English for your convince
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 10:48:42 AM by deathb4dishonor »

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2011, 10:58:03 AM »
Pakistan, Bangladesh, Kashmir all belong to India.  India and Israel should cooperate with each other to destroy all Muslim Nazi nations.

Israel should have done military exercises with India instead of Nazi Turkey.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline deathb4dishonor

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2011, 11:03:16 AM »
Pakistan, Bangladesh, Kashmir all belong to India.  India and Israel should cooperate with each other to destroy all Muslim Nazi nations.

Israel should have done military exercises with India instead of Nazi Turkey.

Large Indian people feel Israel's cause righteous and want to corporate with Israel in every field of life both in good and bad times .

lots of wishes for Prosperous Israel from India :)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2011, 11:06:46 AM »
There are so many people in India there are bound to be tons of really smart doctors/scientists, etc. from there because the top IQ percentage of the population will naturally be larger in a much larger country.

The multicultural aspects probably also have to do with having a very large population.

One good thing I can say is that at least India has a democracy unlike China which has an oppressive, evil government.

I also would generally trust a Hindu a lot more than I would a Muslim.

I considered posting a video about the rat temple where a guy at the temple drinks milk with rat droppings in it because he believes that the animals are very holy, but I don't think it will help relations much so I will leave it and not post it. Nevertheless I think India has good and bad points to it. I don't think I'd want to go there because I wouldn't want to get sick.

I think this is a place that's meant for Asian people of Indian descent like most of the people in India are and not really for my type of people though. Like Israel is meant for people that are Jewish.

Offline deathb4dishonor

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2011, 11:20:22 AM »
There are so many people in India there are bound to be tons of really smart doctors/scientists, etc. from there because the top IQ percentage of the population will naturally be larger in a much larger country.

The multicultural aspects probably also have to do with having a very large population.

One good thing I can say is that at least India has a democracy unlike China which has an oppressive, evil government.

I also would generally trust a Hindu a lot more than I would a Muslim.

I considered posting a video about the rat temple where a guy at the temple drinks milk with rat droppings in it because he believes that the animals are very holy, but I don't think it will help relations much so I will leave it and not post it. Nevertheless I think India has good and bad points to it. I don't think I'd want to go there because I wouldn't want to get sick.

I think this is a place that's meant for Asian people of Indian descent like most of the people in India are and not really for my type of people though. Like Israel is meant for people that are Jewish.

In many of the places you are not trying to know fact about claims you made so i would love to share the truth with you .

See India is so vast and full of cultures that posting a video of one temple will not help . In India each mile you will go you will find different language,food,culture . Rats are treated with generosity but it doesn't mean Hindus don't kill rats or every Hindu is bound to share a milk with them in particular temple .

Hinduism is having no strict code of conduct regarding profession of religion so siting any particular tradition will certainly not help .

We use cows urine as medicine as per our culture doesn't mean that we feed over tat thing only.It is used with medicinal values that we know and we don't care what west things of us :)

The pictures you posted are of Hindu last rites sites and we have a tradition on open air cremation.

As far water  supply is concerned we do have RO water supplies and water is treated before butting in public distribution .

I am sorry for any unsanitary condition you witnessed in my nation but I am optimistic that we will improve shortcomings soon :)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2011, 11:28:26 AM »
In many of the places you are not trying to know fact about claims you made so i would love to share the truth with you .

See India is so vast and full of cultures that posting a video of one temple will not help . In India each mile you will go you will find different language,food,culture . Rats are treated with generosity but it doesn't mean Hindus don't kill rats or every Hindu is bound to share a milk with them in particular temple .

I understand there are many branches of Hinduism and not all follow the same thing. I just was using that as an example of something that really, really disgusts Westeners like me. There are various branches that do really bizarre things like that. I just can't see that happening in a truly first world country.

Hinduism is having no strict code of conduct regarding profession of religion so siting any particular tradition will certainly not help .

It was just an example of one that I find particularly icky.

We use cows urine as medicine as per our culture doesn't mean that we feed our tat thing only.

It's just... I can't see medicine in that. I don't see what possible benefit that could have for someone unless they were low on salt. I think it's really horrible and if  I ever found out that I'd drank something like that I would throw up!

The pictures you posted are of Hindu last rites sites and we have a tradition on open air cremation.

I didn't post the pictures that was someone else. I didn't even see the pics, they came up as broken images to me.

As far water  supply is concerned we do have RO water supplies and water is treated before butting in public distribution .

I am sorry for any unsanitary condition you witnessed in my nation but I am optimistic that we will improve shortcomings soon :)

It's mostly the poor people in India who don't have clean water. In the USA even poor people have clean water. I hope India can improve on that too.

Offline deathb4dishonor

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2011, 11:34:15 AM »
I really getting fond of your brilliance :)

Have you done research or any study over Ayurveda and Indian Water Supply system ?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2011, 11:43:58 AM »
I really getting fond of your brilliance :)

Have you done research or any study over Ayurveda and Indian Water Supply system ?

Ayurvedic herbal medicines often contain dangerous levels of heavy metals like lead, at least the ones sold here. I also think it's based on some kind of elemental system which sounds a lot like beliefs that Westerners abandoned a few hundred years ago (reminds me of the Shakespeare plays that talk about the humours).

I don't really know if I want to get into a big discussion about the water supply system unless your counterpoint is that all people have access to clean, parasite free water in India, which I will find very hard to believe.