Author Topic: Is There An Organization That Will Fly Me To Israel To Fight In Time Of War  (Read 13452 times)

Offline Yirmayahu

• Full JTFer
  • Choose you this day whom you will serve!
I need to know something and to convey the information to people like myself. I'm a Jew, my great grandmother having been a Morano in Sicily; but I however now keep Torah and Mikvah. I want to know if there is an organization that will, during a time of crisis in Israel, will fly me to Israel to fight against any and all enemies of Israel, even if it happens to be America that is an enemy (G-d forbid). Anyway, there are quite a few of us who would go to Israel if we were called upon to do so. I'm getting older, will be 53 in January, but my eyesight is still good and I can squeeze off rounds and hit what I aim at. I'm even better when I'm shooting at someone that I have a particular hatred for. Anyway, if anyone at JTF could give me that info or hook me up with that organization I would surely appreciate it. Shalom Mishpochim.

Yirmayahu

[email protected]
Shalom Y'all....Yirmayahu

Offline maelgwyn

• Pro JTFer
Re: Is There An Organization That Will Fly Me To Israel To Fight In Time Of War
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 04:02:18 AM »
As far back as 1967 i would have fought but cauldnt get there! >:(

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 04:40:43 PM »
I need to know something and to convey the information to people like myself. I'm a Jew, my great grandmother having been a Morano in Sicily; but I however now keep Torah and Mikvah. I want to know if there is an organization that will, during a time of crisis in Israel, will fly me to Israel to fight against any and all enemies of Israel, even if it happens to be America that is an enemy (G-d forbid). Anyway, there are quite a few of us who would go to Israel if we were called upon to do so. I'm getting older, will be 53 in January, but my eyesight is still good and I can squeeze off rounds and hit what I aim at. I'm even better when I'm shooting at someone that I have a particular hatred for. Anyway, if anyone at JTF could give me that info or hook me up with that organization I would surely appreciate it. Shalom Mishpochim.

Yirmayahu

[email protected]
Why don't you make Aliyah?
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 06:44:00 PM »
If someone is more loyal to another country other than the USA they should move to that other country.

Offline Yirmayahu

• Full JTFer
Why don't you make Aliyah?

There might be problems, I don't know. It was my paternal great-grandmother and I think the law of return requires a maternal connection. Also, when she died all information went with her so I could not prove my heritage. How strict is the Law of Return and what documents would I have to provide. In other words, what is required. I've often thought of making Aliyah but in my situation will they let me in?

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
There might be problems, I don't know. It was my paternal great-grandmother and I think the law of return requires a maternal connection. Also, when she died all information went with her so I could not prove my heritage. How strict is the Law of Return and what documents would I have to provide. In other words, what is required. I've often thought of making Aliyah but in my situation will they let me in?
I think the law of return allows for a grandchild to a Jew (even if it's a paternal grandfather) to make aliyah.

In your case it is your paternal great grandmother so you are not Jewish according to halacha. But it means your grandfather or grandmother (son or daughter to your great grandmother) is Jewish. However, according to the law of return Jews who converted to another religion aren't eligible to make aliyah and neither do their descendants for that matter (unless they are Jews and are Jewish).

Offline Yirmayahu

• Full JTFer
I think the law of return allows for a grandchild to a Jew (even if it's a paternal grandfather) to make aliyah.

In your case it is your paternal great grandmother so you are not Jewish according to halacha. But it means your grandfather or grandmother (son or daughter to your great grandmother) is Jewish. However, according to the law of return Jews who converted to another religion aren't eligible to make aliyah and neither do their descendants for that matter (unless they are Jews and are Jewish).

So that stinks, I missed it by one generation. Let's just say for discussion sake, how would someone prove their Jewishness in such instances. I know a lot of Jewish people who don't attend shul and some who have been irreligious for generations. How would they prove their heritage? I'm guessing that since I follow Torah, have been circumcised (on the 8th day by a Jewish doctor but without ceremony) wouldn't qualify me. I'm thinking that I'd probably have to go through an official conversion (although I perform everything anyhow) and that would make me officially Kosher. Am I right by that assertion? Thanks for helping me with this; I really appreciate your input. Berechot...David

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
So that stinks, I missed it by one generation. Let's just say for discussion sake, how would someone prove their Jewishness in such instances. I know a lot of Jewish people who don't attend shul and some who have been irreligious for generations. How would they prove their heritage? I'm guessing that since I follow Torah, have been circumcised (on the 8th day by a Jewish doctor but without ceremony) wouldn't qualify me. I'm thinking that I'd probably have to go through an official conversion (although I perform everything anyhow) and that would make me officially Kosher. Am I right by that assertion? Thanks for helping me with this; I really appreciate your input. Berechot...David
I think one has to show registers from the Jewish community attesting for hi or his parent or grand parent's Jewishness. For that matter I think that if the person himself is a member of a Jewish orthodox community a letter from his rabbi would suffice. Otherwise he can bring the Ktuba of his parents as evidence, or brith certificate etc.

You should understand that in order to make aliyah you just have to prove Jewish roots to a civilian agency (the Jewish agency). But once in Israel if you want the state rabbinate to recognize you as a Jew the criterion is obviously more strict as dictated by halacha.

Offline Yirmayahu

• Full JTFer
I think one has to show registers from the Jewish community attesting for hi or his parent or grand parent's Jewishness. For that matter I think that if the person himself is a member of a Jewish orthodox community a letter from his rabbi would suffice. Otherwise he can bring the Ktuba of his parents as evidence, or brith certificate etc.

You should understand that in order to make aliyah you just have to prove Jewish roots to a civilian agency (the Jewish agency). But once in Israel if you want the state rabbinate to recognize you as a Jew the criterion is obviously more strict as dictated by halacha.

Thanks, you've been very helpful and have answered a lot for me. I appreciate all of the help.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
You're welcome.

Offline Jima

• New JTFer
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2012, 09:03:52 AM »
Obtaining money is not a problem for your airfares. Hope there isn't a regional war as this one will be non-Muslim against Muslim and to complete annihilation of one or the other. Don't worry if Israel doesn't pay for your airfare, I know a lot of non-Jewish people that would donate unselfishly to your cause.... Anyway I always use to buy raffle tickets for the local synagogue school or facility...

:dance: