Author Topic: Turn your Curses into Blessings  (Read 445 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Turn your Curses into Blessings
« on: October 06, 2011, 06:15:22 PM »
Several people here at JTF are very adept at cursing others.... I am wondering if they are just as good at blessing...

It is a challenge for those cursers to attempt to use their G-d given gift of speech and writing to bless another. I think it is a better judge of a character to see who a person blesses as opposed to who they curse.

Also, any Jews who have been using their mouth to curse should, before the judgment of Yom Kippur is sealed, attempt to bless another Jew.

http://ohr.edu/ask_db/ask_main.php/159/Q1/

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/900753/jewish/Negative-Commandment-317.htm
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 06:27:28 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Turn your Curses into Blessings
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 07:06:02 PM »
Does this mean you're blessing Ann Coulter?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 07:55:03 PM »
Does this mean you're blessing Ann Coulter?

Wha?

I simply asked if anyone who regularly curses others could make an effort to bless... This has nothing to do with Ann Coulter..

Also I have never said anything good about her. I have disliked her ever since I heard of her...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 09:13:16 PM »
Then it sounds like blessing her would be a worthy spiritual challenge.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 09:59:41 PM »
Then it sounds like blessing her would be a worthy spiritual challenge.

I am not one who curses others excessively... As opposed to some others {you know who I am referring to}... My request was to hear someone who has an inclination to curse others turn around and actually bless someone. This does not require blessing someone who doesn't deserve the blessings... Blessing anyone who does good for Klal Yisroel would be nice (I don't include Chaim in this because we all bless Chaim daily)...

If you would like me to bless Ann Coulter I could do so... If you are willing to bless someone else in return...