Author Topic: Like Mother Like Son, Schwartza Hair Designs  (Read 873 times)

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
Like Mother Like Son, Schwartza Hair Designs
« on: October 16, 2011, 07:34:54 AM »
These hair designs are far from the worst, but the video still disgusts me. I'm sure people can find much worse photos on the internet.

http://cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/2011/10/14/nr-teacher-uses-marker-head.cnn.html
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Like Mother Like Son, Schwartza Hair Designs
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 11:28:35 AM »
I have to side with the mom on this one. That was totally inappropriate behavior by the school. For one thing his hairstyle wasn't that outrageous, it wasn't like he had dollar signs shaved into his hair or something like that. For another thing, why in the world were they marking on him with a sharpie? Would they have colored in a white blonde kid's hair with a  yellow highlighter? I do think this was really stupid on the school's part.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 12:40:26 PM »
I agree with Rubystars. And I think teachers shouldn't publicly humiliate their students, especially in younger ages. Teachers are still supposed to be educators and if they humiliate their students and react in crazy ways like on this case they then they ought not to complain about students feeling contempt to them.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 12:57:14 PM »
The computer I am using today is not allowing me to see the video however as long as a student comes into the school reasonably clean and modestly dressed what should be the problem... Even many moons ago when I was in school hair style ran the gamut from the sublime to the ridiculous... Teachers more than any other people should know its a diverse society.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 01:58:35 PM »
I agree with Rubystars. And I think teachers shouldn't publicly humiliate their students, especially in younger ages. Teachers are still supposed to be educators and if they humiliate their students and react in crazy ways like on this case they then they ought not to complain about students feeling contempt to them.

You made a good point about the public humiliation. The school had no respect for this child's self-esteem or personal dignity and had no respect for his mother either by not calling her instead of taking matters into their own hands.

The computer I am using today is not allowing me to see the video however as long as a student comes into the school reasonably clean and modestly dressed what should be the problem... Even many moons ago when I was in school hair style ran the gamut from the sublime to the ridiculous... Teachers more than any other people should know its a diverse society.

The hairstyle in the video was really tame, I wouldn't have even noticed it as anything that would stand out. It looked clean cut to me. I think that's one of the things that makes this case so weird.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 01:59:38 PM »
It reminds me that when I was in 2nd grade, one day one of the pupils came to class with a pierced ear. The vice principle forced him to take it off as it was against regulations for boys. But she was too aggressive in my opinion. She ridiculed him and said something like why want you come tomorrow with a crown on your head. But by the time I was in 4th grade it was already very "in" for boys to have one ear pierced and the school no longer forbade it. And just to be clear, I sport no piercing not then, nor now and not ever.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 02:06:37 PM »
It reminds me that when I was in 2nd grade, one day one of the pupils came to class with a pierced ear. The vice principle forced him to take it off as it was against regulations for boys. But she was too aggressive in my opinion. She ridiculed him and said something like why want you come tomorrow with a crown on your head. But by the time I was in 4th grade it was already very "in" for boys to have one ear pierced and the school no longer forbade it. And just to be clear, I sport no piercing not then, nor now and not ever.

That was so mean! I think sometimes adults think they don't have to respect younger people like they would a fellow adult, but hurting someone's feelings like that when they're young can affect them a lot more than if they're older. Kids should feel safe in school and they go there to learn, not be humiliated. He could have been told to remove it quietly and in a nicer way.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 03:32:57 PM »
I don't like most negroes one bit but nobody deserves to be picked on without actually having done anything wrong.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 03:45:49 PM »
What exactly is wrong with that hair design?   Ive seen FAR worse than that.