Author Topic: The reason operation Cast Lead ended because Hamas threatened to kill Shalit  (Read 1130 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
This guy is worth a million times his weight in gold he was able tostop Israel from destroying the quranVirus  

http://israelmatzav.blogspot.com/2011/10/operation-cast-lead-ended-because-hamas.html#links
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 10:05:26 AM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
OMG! and they do not have star war robots to advance in to the areas of hamas, hezbulla, syria and lebanon. 
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
And now that they have Shalit back (as of this Tuesday, Gd willing), can Israel go back and kill all of the prisoners they released (in particular the murderers?)
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
And now that they have Shalit back (as of this Tuesday, Gd willing), can Israel go back and kill all of the prisoners they released (in particular the murderers?)
No Israel said they wouldn't but Hamas said they will continue kidnapping and terrorism
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
Israel will go back to bargaining and chatting with Hamas and Fatah while they continue to murder Jews.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
No Israel said they wouldn't but Hamas said they will continue kidnapping and terrorism

If there is something unknown out there that the Israeli government isn't telling us that is making this deal advantageous for them, I'll be curious to know what will happen after this.  The problem is that the Israeli Government this whole thing is a game.  Certainly, when the Mossad does their thing, it makes many Jews realize how we are clever and precise.  Unfortunately, it doesn't work in the long term.

Chaim put it well on a previous ask JTF answer about weak nerdy Jews.  Who would you put your trust in more in life whether it is business or friendship?  A weak nerdy backstabbing pathetic person, or someone who has clear principles confidence and strength?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
I'd like to believe Israel has something we don't know about that makes the advantageous. That said, this appears to be a calculated political move just like getting back Elchanan Tanenbaum was.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
They should have told Hamas if Shalit was harmed there would be carpet bombing of Gaza.  By the way, if not for the Gush Katif expulsion and withdrawal from Gaza, Shalit would never have been taken.  I guess nobody wants to talk about that.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
They should have told Hamas if Shalit was harmed there would be carpet bombing of Gaza.  By the way, if not for the Gush Katif expulsion and withdrawal from Gaza, Shalit would never have been taken.  I guess nobody wants to talk about that.
Least of all the cowardly voters of Israel who got behind the ethnic cleansing of Gush Katif under Sharon to the tune of 65%, briefly saw the light on it during Operation Cast Lead, and are now back to supporting it at almost the same margin as before.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
They should have told Hamas if Shalit was harmed there would be carpet bombing of Gaza.  By the way, if not for the Gush Katif expulsion and withdrawal from Gaza, Shalit would never have been taken.  I guess nobody wants to talk about that.

100% great excellent point.  Post that on facebook to all the naysayers about Shalit's rescue was necessary and good for Israel.  It wasn't a bad thing that if he is ok that he is returned. The deal was a terrible deal.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 03:21:35 PM by Dr. Dan »

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Israelis don't want to be seen as against Arab "civil rights".

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Israelis don't want to be seen as against Arab "civil rights".

Let's be realistic...Most Jews, in general, don't want to be seen by the world to be brutal or racist or what have you.  I'm in the process of trying to teach family members better Jewish pride.

The other day I had an exchange with a family member on facebook about the "Schalit deal".  While everyone in their shell is all honky dory happy about Schalit being free, they don't get it.  You save one Jew (hopefully) but in return potentially get 100 more dead ones by releasing murderers.  What response do I get by a family member?  "What was Israel supposed to do to free Schalit?"  My response, "Execute prisoners each day until he is free."  The response to that, "But the world will frown upon that..." 

To that, in my opinion is the lack of Jewish pride.  I gave a long tempered response to that saying, "The world didn't care when 6 million were murdered," and "when it comes down to survival, the world can go you know what themselves.  I would rather be Jew that is hated, but a winner and alive than a dead Jew that is loved with holocaust memorials erected everywhere."

after that, he deleted the whole exchange the next day...

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Good post, Dr. Dan.  I remember reading how Rabbi Kahane said something to the effect of "I'd rather be at their level than six feet below their level." 

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
Let's be realistic...Most Jews, in general, don't want to be seen by the world to be brutal or racist or what have you.  I'm in the process of trying to teach family members better Jewish pride.

The other day I had an exchange with a family member on facebook about the "Schalit deal".  While everyone in their shell is all honky dory happy about Schalit being free, they don't get it.  You save one Jew (hopefully) but in return potentially get 100 more dead ones by releasing murderers.  What response do I get by a family member?  "What was Israel supposed to do to free Schalit?"  My response, "Execute prisoners each day until he is free."  The response to that, "But the world will frown upon that..." 

To that, in my opinion is the lack of Jewish pride.  I gave a long tempered response to that saying, "The world didn't care when 6 million were murdered," and "when it comes down to survival, the world can go you know what themselves.  I would rather be Jew that is hated, but a winner and alive than a dead Jew that is loved with holocaust memorials erected everywhere."

after that, he deleted the whole exchange the next day...

Here is my response to liberal relatives who sent me the email below virtually aasking us to celebrate this fiasco.

>>The exchange would include Amina Mona, a young woman who lured a lovestruck Israeli teenage boy to a Palestinian city over the Internet, only to have him killed by waiting militants, according to Mohammed al-Barem, a leader of the Popular Resistance Committees, <<
What do we tell his family as well as the Jews who will be murdered by some of the released terrorists as well as soldiers killed in the future recapturing those terorists.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
F
Sent: Wed, October 12, 2011 11:19:13 AM
Subject: Fwd: [ANNOUNCE-LIST] Gilad Shalit - “She’hecheyanu Ve’ki’imanu, Ve’higiyanu”

Begin forwarded message:

Date: October 12, 2011 10:06:59 AM PDT

To:

Subject: [ANNOUNCE-LIST] Gilad Shalit - “She’hecheyanu Ve’ki’imanu, Ve’higiyanu”

Gilad Shalit - “She’hecheyanu Ve’ki’imanu, Ve’higiyanu”

In the coming days, the holiday of Sukkot followed by Smini Atzeret and Simchat Torah will offer several opportunities to recite the words “She’hecheyanu Ve’ki’imanu, Ve’higiyanu” expressing gratitude to the Holy One for the blessings of being alive, being sustained, and arriving to this time.

This week in particular, as I will say these words my thoughts will be with Gilad Shalit and his family. After 1934 days in captivity, Gilad, a son to Israel, will please G-d return home.

Several years ago, in discussing the mitzvah of pidyon shvuyim (redeeming captives) in our shul, I mentioned the tension between Avinu and Malkeinu – the difference between choices that a Father and a King would make.  At this time we take comfort in an Israeli leadership that acted in a parental way, though in our hearts we may still struggle with the decision’s potential risks and dangers. A parental choice, nonetheless, reminds us that the Jewish people is a family.

So as we gather in our Sukkot, which this year more than ever will echo the Shalit protest tent that was erected in Jerusalem, and as we waive the four species, which this year more than ever will echo the unity of our Jewish family, and recite the words of “She’hecheyanu Ve’ki’imanu, Ve’higyanu” may we bear in mind:

She’hecheyanu – May the Holy One bless Gilad with life for all his life.

Ve’ki’imanu – May the Holy One sustain this agreement until Gilad’s release and thereafter for the betterment of the people Israel.

Ve’higiyanu – may Gilad arrive home safely and hastily.

And together, let us say, Amen.

R. Yonatan Cohen
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom

Here is my response to liberal relatives who sent me the email below virtually aasking us to celebrate this fiasco.

>>The exchange would include Amina Mona, a young woman who lured a lovestruck Israeli teenage boy to a Palestinian city over the Internet, only to have him killed by waiting militants, according to Mohammed al-Barem, a leader of the Popular Resistance Committees, <<
What do we tell his family as well as the Jews who will be murdered by some of the released terrorists as well as soldiers killed in the future recapturing those terorists.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
F
Sent: Wed, October 12, 2011 11:19:13 AM
Subject: Fwd: [ANNOUNCE-LIST] Gilad Shalit - “She’hecheyanu Ve’ki’imanu, Ve’higiyanu”

Begin forwarded message:

Date: October 12, 2011 10:06:59 AM PDT

To:

Subject: [ANNOUNCE-LIST] Gilad Shalit - “She’hecheyanu Ve’ki’imanu, Ve’higiyanu”

Gilad Shalit - “She’hecheyanu Ve’ki’imanu, Ve’higiyanu”

In the coming days, the holiday of Sukkot followed by Smini Atzeret and Simchat Torah will offer several opportunities to recite the words “She’hecheyanu Ve’ki’imanu, Ve’higiyanu” expressing gratitude to the Holy One for the blessings of being alive, being sustained, and arriving to this time.

This week in particular, as I will say these words my thoughts will be with Gilad Shalit and his family. After 1934 days in captivity, Gilad, a son to Israel, will please G-d return home.

Several years ago, in discussing the mitzvah of pidyon shvuyim (redeeming captives) in our shul, I mentioned the tension between Avinu and Malkeinu – the difference between choices that a Father and a King would make.  At this time we take comfort in an Israeli leadership that acted in a parental way, though in our hearts we may still struggle with the decision’s potential risks and dangers. A parental choice, nonetheless, reminds us that the Jewish people is a family.

So as we gather in our Sukkot, which this year more than ever will echo the Shalit protest tent that was erected in Jerusalem, and as we waive the four species, which this year more than ever will echo the unity of our Jewish family, and recite the words of “She’hecheyanu Ve’ki’imanu, Ve’higyanu” may we bear in mind:

She’hecheyanu – May the Holy One bless Gilad with life for all his life.

Ve’ki’imanu – May the Holy One sustain this agreement until Gilad’s release and thereafter for the betterment of the people Israel.

Ve’higiyanu – may Gilad arrive home safely and hastily.

And together, let us say, Amen.

R. Yonatan Cohen

Ugggg... reading that made me sick...

There is nothing to celebrate when our enemies have degraded us to a point that some of us think this is a good thing. Israel is weak, was unable to protect its soldiers nor its civilians, and yet somehow this is good? And that this person tries to link this to Sukkot, a time when we are supposed to be joyous!?!

The Sukkot is supposed to represent the Clouds of Glory which protected the Jews as they left Egypt. The cloud protected them from the heat and the sun, from the enemies, and lead them through the desert with the pillar of fire. The providence of G-d was with us as we triumphantly exited the bondage of mitzrayim. There is no comparison between those AWESOME events and the demeaning events of today...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
I'm surprised Hamas hadn't asked for 15 H-bombs in exchange for schalit.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Let's be realistic...Most Jews, in general, don't want to be seen by the world to be brutal or racist or what have you.  I'm in the process of trying to teach family members better Jewish pride.
Yes, I know that, and it's shameful. Something like 5000 Jews have been murdered since Oslo, with half of them in the past ten years, thanks to Arab terror. Proportionately that would be like something around 300,000 Americans killed in terror over that timespan. No other nation on earth has endured this. Would Americans, as sick and degenerate as they have become, put up with that? Most Israelis either have lost a friend or family member to jihad or know someone who has and STILL maintain a politically correct, leftist worldview vis-a-vis Arabs. Is there any way to describe that besides disgusting?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 07:39:30 PM by 911Avenger »