Poll

Poll: what do women like the most about men?

Looks
1 (7.1%)
Charisma
1 (7.1%)
Confidence
5 (35.7%)
Courage
0 (0%)
Humor
1 (7.1%)
other
4 (28.6%)
I don't know
0 (0%)
What the hell do you want?
2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Poll: what do women like the most about men?  (Read 6781 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Poll: what do women like the most about men?
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2011, 12:32:29 PM »
Women marry the rich and comfortable but fall in love with dangerous, charismatic, cynical and challenging men
All women want an alpha male, a "bad boy", a guy with attitude who knows how to handle himself. Trashy women go with crude, "macho" men who often turn out to be alcoholic, abusive trailer trash or street criminals. Women with class go with responsible, solid men who still have confidence, strength, and an edge.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2011, 12:44:02 PM »
All women want an alpha male, a "bad boy", a guy with attitude who knows how to handle himself. Trashy women go with crude, "macho" men who often turn out to be alcoholic, abusive trailer trash or street criminals. Women with class go with responsible, solid men who still have confidence, strength, and an edge.

Many younger women in the mid to early 20's will initially go for men who act like this.  But in general, confidence and strength is important.  Nobody likes a whiney cry baby momma's boy.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 12:53:56 PM by Dr. Dan »
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2011, 02:45:03 PM »
Not all women though. Adultery isn't something everyone is interested in.
No of course not. What I wrote was like an archetype to a certain class of marriages.  I think there is a problem that in the world of literature and movies, dysfunctional family is the norm. And it projects heavily into real life.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2011, 02:53:06 PM »
I have no idea, Im not a woman.... But the women I have been with have been interested in my humor, my intellect, and my good looks... There is one other aspect which women are concerned with and it would not be modest to discuss it..

Thanks for the funniest post here in a year!  :laugh: :::D :laugh: :::D :laugh: :::D

You mean the Nobel Prize for the best post of the year.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2011, 08:53:43 PM »
No of course not. What I wrote was like an archetype to a certain class of marriages.  I think there is a problem that in the world of literature and movies, dysfunctional family is the norm. And it projects heavily into real life.

You could be right about that, but then all human beings are flawed to begin with.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2011, 09:33:19 PM »
In my years of experience, I believe women want a 6' 4" Russian with wavy hair who drives a Honda Accord.    ;D

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2011, 10:48:36 PM »
Well I don't care what women want anymore. I already gots what I need.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2011, 02:37:25 AM »

Of cause this is true. The only normal TV series I know is "Little House on the Prairie". The best is not to watch TV.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2011, 06:16:49 AM »
Of cause this is true. The only normal TV series I know is "Little House on the Prairie". The best is not to watch TV.

I used to watch that when I was a kid. It does have some good episodes :)

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2011, 07:03:25 PM »
Women worship money.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2011, 07:16:37 PM »
Women worship money.
I was wondering why you didn't have that as a choice. 
Only the wrong women worship money.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2011, 08:12:02 PM »
I was wondering why you didn't have that as a choice.  
Only the wrong women worship money.

I agree with you. Money is nice for security purposes and it does tend to cut down on the tension level but I don't think it's important for itself. I think that the quality of the person is a lot more important than how big their paycheck is.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2011, 09:45:53 PM »

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2011, 04:38:05 PM »
Lets be honest, Looks are the first thing we notice about someone, it is not by any means the total factor in why we are attracted or love someone.  If the partner has charisma, courage, and honesty in his values, he is a definite keeper!  Attraction to someone's looks is only the beginning as appreciation for whats Inside comes to Light!

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2011, 05:03:29 PM »
I chose "other"

I'm no expert but from what I've seen women are "into" some kind of overall appeal, I guess you could call it "sex appeal" but this appeal embodies some of the characteristics you mention as major factors - confidence, courage, a streak of rebelliousness.   Humor and looks also factor in but probably less important than the others.  The main appeal is through boldness, displaying that you do not "need" her attention (any even slight hint of desperation will do you in), and also being able to keep her interest not boring her with lame stuff like saying her eyes are pretty.

I also think that what attracts women is usually far different from what they claim they are into, but this might be a difference due to short term attraction vs. Long term planning for a mate.  When women think rationally what longterm characteristics do they want in a husband, they will probably list things that play zero role in whether a guy can spark an initial interest that will lead to something longterm.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 05:11:18 PM by Kahane-Was-Right BT »

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2011, 05:14:43 PM »

Sounds about right.

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2011, 09:37:30 PM »
In my years of experience, I believe women want a 6' 4" Russian with wavy hair who drives a Honda Accord.    ;D

Nobody likes Russians.

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2011, 09:50:35 PM »
   I know someone who is ultra liberal. I disagree with her all the time, but she is marrying one of my good friends so I hear from her all the time. She recently went on a Bing of bragging about the beauty of being overweight. I got into an argument with her stating that we should not judge people who are overweight and should not discriminate against them either, but we should not encourage unhealthy lifestyles either. Her case was that big women were beautiful(based on appearance alone) and that people should be able to look in the mirror and like what they see. My counter was that if someone looks in the mirror and their appearance is not worth liking, that it should drive them to improve what they see. Just wondering who agrees with me here and who disagrees with me.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2011, 12:51:17 AM »
Nobody likes Russians.

Not in my experience.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2011, 02:27:30 AM »
   I know someone who is ultra liberal. I disagree with her all the time, but she is marrying one of my good friends so I hear from her all the time. She recently went on a Bing of bragging about the beauty of being overweight. I got into an argument with her stating that we should not judge people who are overweight and should not discriminate against them either, but we should not encourage unhealthy lifestyles either. Her case was that big women were beautiful(based on appearance alone) and that people should be able to look in the mirror and like what they see. My counter was that if someone looks in the mirror and their appearance is not worth liking, that it should drive them to improve what they see. Just wondering who agrees with me here and who disagrees with me.

I think it depends on the person whether they look good or not at a larger size. However there has to be some common sense in that fatter women should generally cover more than other women in order to look good and need to more carefully choose clothing to complement them. Very obese people never look that good (like the 400+ lb range) because people are too distracted by the fat to see their other features such as their eye color or hair color, etc. and it can mask the shape of their face which might otherwise be attractive.

Even very beautiful, fit and trim and young women will look in the mirror and will see mostly their flaws. Most women don't like what they see in the mirror. With that in mind a certain level of self-acceptance is necessary and a good thing. I think at any size and any state of beauty women should accept themselves however this doesn't mean they should accept being unhealthy or should stop striving to improve.

I think everyone both men and women should do what they can to be in the healthy weight range. You can't do everything possible to make this a better world if you're not in the best shape you can be.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2011, 08:00:20 AM »
I used to watch that when I was a kid. It does have some good episodes :)

It is still on TV.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2011, 01:43:56 PM »
It is still on TV.

They should bring it back, reboot it.... since they are doing that with everything else.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2011, 01:53:44 PM »
Women worship money.
I disagree.

Between a stinking rich guy who lacks confidence and is a "whiny mama's boy" (as Dr. Dan put it) and a broke bum who is cocky and presents an aura of toughness, she will pick the latter every single time.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2011, 02:01:22 PM »
My two cents:
I do think there is a gender dichotomy here even if it is contrary to what society says. Overweight men are always gross-looking and usually unhealthy, whereas a woman can be technically overweight or even obese and still remain both extremely attractive and healthy, depending on how her weight is distributed. I am sure most guys agree with this even if they would never admit it in front of their buddies. I think we have all seen women who are 50 or 75 pounds or more (depending on height) overweight (by establishment standards) who have all of that "excess" weight on their hips/buttocks and breasts. The result here is an extremely fetching woman. On the other hand a woman who is just 15 pounds overweight but has all of that on her abdomen or waist is not only unattractive, but very likely unhealthy as well.

As politically incorrect as it is to admit it, women were designed for childbearing and nursing and that is where copious amounts of body fat in the hips, behind, and breasts comes in for biological purposes.  They are more fertile and healthy than starving stick women. The women that we would call fat or "Reubenesque" today have been the ideal figure for almost all human history and continue to be in many non-Western cultures.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2011, 02:17:49 PM »
My two cents:
I do think there is a gender dichotomy here even if it is contrary to what society says. Overweight men are always gross-looking and usually unhealthy, whereas a woman can be technically overweight or even obese and still remain both extremely attractive and healthy, depending on how her weight is distributed. I am sure most guys agree with this even if they would never admit it in front of their buddies. I think we have all seen women who are 50 or 75 pounds or more (depending on height) overweight (by establishment standards) who have all of that "excess" weight on their hips/buttocks and breasts. The result here is an extremely fetching woman. On the other hand a woman who is just 15 pounds overweight but has all of that on her abdomen or waist is not only unattractive, but very likely unhealthy as well.

As politically incorrect as it is to admit it, women were designed for childbearing and nursing and that is where copious amounts of body fat in the hips, behind, and breasts comes in for biological purposes.  They are more fertile and healthy than starving stick women. The women that we would call fat or "Reubenesque" today have been the ideal figure for almost all human history and continue to be in many non-Western cultures.

To each their own. Some men like voluptuous, some like obese, and some like really skinny, and some like muscular.  But it's not what is on the outside; it's also the inside that matters.  Everyone ages, every gets frailer, and more wrinkly and more bald and fatter if already fat and droopier.  When you see your spouse everyday and grow with him/her you essentially become one soul...beauty will always be there as long as the soul and devotion never changes.  That's all I can say after close to 3 years of marriage.