Author Topic: Mother leaves children in Fla to occupy a tent with a waiter  (Read 1258 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Mother leaves children in Fla to occupy a tent with a waiter
« on: October 21, 2011, 10:42:31 AM »
http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/209819.php   

A married mother of four from Florida ditched her family to become part of the raggedy mob in Zuccotti Park -- keeping the park clean by day and keeping herself warm at night with the help of a young waiter from Brooklyn.

“I’m not planning on going home,” an unapologetic Stacey Hessler, 38, told The Post yesterday.

“I have no idea what the future holds, but I’m here indefinitely. Forever,” said Hessler, whose home in DeLand sits 911 miles from the tarp she’s been sleeping under.

Hessler -- who ironically is married to a banker -- arrived 12 days ago and planned to stay for a week, but changed her plans after cozying up to some like-minded radicals, including Rami Shamir, 30, a waiter at a French bistro in Cobble Hill, Brooklyn.
OTHERWISE ‘OCCUPIED’: Wayward wife Stacey Hessler left her banker husband and four kids to cozy up to Occupy Wall Street protesters.
Dan Brinzac
OTHERWISE ‘OCCUPIED’: Wayward wife Stacey Hessler left her banker husband and four kids to cozy up to Occupy Wall Street protesters.
see more videos

She swears she’s not romantically involved with her new friend.

VIDEO: FLORIDA MOM JOINS PROTEST IN NYC

ZUCCOTTI NEIGHBORS: STOP DUMPING ON US

Yesterday was a typical day for the pair, who woke up at 8 a.m. on their little patch of paving stone near the communal kitchen and dashed off to Trinity Church to wash up.

Hessler emerged an hour later, her brown hair in dreadlocks, wearing a T-shirt depicting Han Solo and Princess Leia kissing, and bearing the slogan “Make Love Not War.”

She got coffee and a granola bar from the protest kitchen before sorting laundry for two hours.

The unemployed Long Island native compared her decision to abandon her family to Americans serving in the armed forces.

“Military people leave their families all the time, so why should I feel bad?” a defiant Hessler said. “I’m fighting for a better world.”

She said she had been following the movement on Facebook, and the more she learned, the more obsessed she became with joining the demonstrators.

At around 11 a.m. yesterday, Hessler moved from laundry duty to park cleanup -- a four-hour detail from which she broke just once to give a troubled protester a hug at the “empathy table.” She also found time for a meditation session later in the day.

Hessler has spoken with her family -- husband Curtiss, 42; son Peyton, 17; and daughters Kennedy 15, Sullivan, 13, and Veda, 7 -- just three times since leaving them. “Friends are taking care of them,” she said.

Not everyone has supported her decision. “My mother told me I was being very selfish,” she admitted.

And her husband, a former Bank of America financial adviser who now works at a local Florida bank, is perplexed. “He says he’s working for ‘the Man,’ and I’m fighting against him,” she said.

After finishing her morning routine and afternoon chores yesterday, Hessler spent the evening attending organizer meetings and helping fellow protesters find sleeping spots.

Hessler herself bedded down on an air mattress at 12:28 a.m., ready to do it all over again today.

Additional reporting by Gillian Kleinman

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/she_plans_to_stray_awhile_opuo0dDOjE39dfRDdUZ1sM#ixzz1bQZF5T1y
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Mother leaves children in Fla to occupy a tent with a waiter
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 10:50:25 AM »
Those are some really weird people!

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 10:55:27 AM »
Those are some really weird people!
Lol one of a thousand :::D
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 11:09:05 AM »
What an evil woman. Hopefully her family can move on from her stupidity and lead good lives.

One of the most amoral things a person can do is abandon their children, in my opinion.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 11:47:52 AM by The Coon »
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 11:16:23 AM »

pass around that pipe please...
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 12:34:17 PM »
Yawn

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 03:08:26 PM »
The revolutionary actions of 99%.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Yirmayahu

• Full JTFer
  • Choose you this day whom you will serve!
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2011, 12:19:29 AM »
Anybody wanna bet that she stopped taking her psyche meds about a month before making this decision? She'll go back home when she comes down with the CLAP or a case of AIDS and all of the "sympathetic" people around her now reject her. In addition, sounds like she's gone the Hindu route; note that all of her kids but the last one have Irish names and the last one has a Hindu name. One screwed up chick.
Shalom Y'all....Yirmayahu

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 12:53:57 AM »
Anybody wanna bet that she stopped taking her psyche meds about a month before making this decision? She'll go back home when she comes down with the CLAP or a case of AIDS and all of the "sympathetic" people around her now reject her. In addition, sounds like she's gone the Hindu route; note that all of her kids but the last one have Irish names and the last one has a Hindu name. One screwed up chick.

Before anybody gets offended by your comment I should add that a lot of the hippy types embrace Asian religions not out of any sense of true belief or respect for those cultures or traditions or religions but just because they're hip and it's a way for them to rebel against what they see as white Christian patriarchy. If Hinduism wasn't around she'd probably be dabbling in Taoism or Buddhism.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2011, 04:10:26 PM »
Indeed some of us have become lovers of Self....Its quite Apparent!

Offline Yirmayahu

• Full JTFer
  • Choose you this day whom you will serve!
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 10:01:01 PM »
Before anybody gets offended by your comment I should add that a lot of the hippy types embrace Asian religions not out of any sense of true belief or respect for those cultures or traditions or religions but just because they're hip and it's a way for them to rebel against what they see as white Christian patriarchy. If Hinduism wasn't around she'd probably be dabbling in Taoism or Buddhism.

I agree with you totally and would like to amend my post so as to read any religion that their loved ones would find offensive, whether it be Hinduism, Taoism, Buddhism or whatever "ism" is out there. No offense intended; hope nobody took my meaning out of context. Thanks for the gentle rebuke. Sometimes emotions combined with writing at off hours of the night (or day for that matter) is not a good combination.
Shalom Y'all....Yirmayahu

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2011, 12:51:40 PM »

Hell

a lot of them embrace Islam.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2011, 01:34:37 PM »
Figure on it being another four or five months before this winner converts to Sh*tlam.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2011, 03:22:20 PM »
Hell

a lot of them embrace Islam.

True. I think it's because they think anything associated with Western thought or Christianity is bad but if they embrace something like Islam or Hinduism, etc. then it's automatically better for them. It makes them feel like they can take part in being 'diverse'. It really doesn't matter what the belief system is to them, it only matters that it's not the dominant Western culture.

Figure on it being another four or five months before this winner converts to Sh*tlam.
You're probably right

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2011, 03:23:55 PM »
I agree with you totally and would like to amend my post so as to read any religion that their loved ones would find offensive, whether it be Hinduism, Taoism, Buddhism or whatever "ism" is out there. No offense intended; hope nobody took my meaning out of context. Thanks for the gentle rebuke. Sometimes emotions combined with writing at off hours of the night (or day for that matter) is not a good combination.

I wasn't rebuking you just trying to fend off possible criticism. You make great points.