Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 5209 times)

Offline SharonD

• Junior JTFer
Hello!
« on: December 15, 2011, 06:59:10 AM »
Hello,
I am a "right-wing" Zionist Jewish woman from Massachusetts. A few facts about me:

• I was raised semi-frum.
  • I have neither the time nor patience for Leftist Jews.
  • I do not consider Leftist Jews Jewish.
  • I do not consider secular Jews Jewish.
  • I do not consider Reform Jews Jewish.
  • I loathe communists.
  • I was inconsolable when Rabbi Kahane (z"l) was assassinated.
  • I love animals.
  • I spend my free time reading and training my horse.
  • I am a barefoot hoof trimmer.
  • I am a technical writer.

I am here to chat with like-minded people. There are not very many of us!
~__/>
  /\ /\

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 07:10:27 AM »
You sound great WELCOME!!
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 07:17:12 AM »
Welcome to JTF.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 07:45:23 AM »
Welcome Aboard!

Offline Daniel Michael ben Avraham

• Full JTFer
  • דניאל מיכאל בן אברהם
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 09:14:08 AM »
Did you purposefully leave the "conservative movement" off your list, or do they fall into the liberal non Jewish category?
The observant Jew has his own sense of values. Torah Judaism is his blueprint for this life, his target for existence.
מורנו הרב מאיר כהנא

Offline SharonD

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 09:39:40 AM »
Did you purposefully leave the "conservative movement" off your list, or do they fall into the liberal non Jewish category?

I'm really not crazy about all these "movements" in Judaism -- as if being 'Reform' makes one less Jewish. Same is true of Conservative, but they are a dying breed, so I didn't think they were worth mentioning. Whatever happened to the old days, when you were either shomer Shabbos or you weren't?

I simply will not tolerate Jews who turn Marxist ideology into religion. I'd take a nonobservant Zionist Jew any day over a fully secularized Jew who kids himself the goyim will like him if he puts up a Christmas tree. Too bad Lefty Jews won't accept that it's not what you say you are, it's what the world says you are.
~__/>
  /\ /\

Offline Daniel Michael ben Avraham

• Full JTFer
  • דניאל מיכאל בן אברהם
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 10:59:37 AM »
Well Sharon, I completely understand that viewpoint.  Sephardic Jews only view the world of Jews as Torah observant and those that are not yet Torah observant.  There are those that do not keep mitzvot and may even be completely off the derech, but at least there is the recognized standard.  BTW, welcome to JTF.
The observant Jew has his own sense of values. Torah Judaism is his blueprint for this life, his target for existence.
מורנו הרב מאיר כהנא

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 08:02:33 AM »
I'm really not crazy about all these "movements" in Judaism -- as if being 'Reform' makes one less Jewish. Same is true of Conservative, but they are a dying breed, so I didn't think they were worth mentioning. Whatever happened to the old days, when you were either shomer Shabbos or you weren't?

I simply will not tolerate Jews who turn Marxist ideology into religion. I'd take a nonobservant Zionist Jew any day over a fully secularized Jew who kids himself the goyim will like him if he puts up a Christmas tree. Too bad Lefty Jews won't accept that it's not what you say you are, it's what the world says you are.
What?
People have to take personal responsibiltiy for their own life choices and how they practice their faith.
I don't know any goyim that secretly want Jewish people to put up a Christmas Tree, and I know a lot of goyim.
It really is time to stop blaming goyim for the weakness of secular Jews.  That's ignorant.

Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline SharonD

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 08:09:18 AM »
What?
People have to take personal responsibiltiy for their own life choices and how they practice their faith.
I don't know any goyim that secretly want Jewish people to put up a Christmas Tree, and I know a lot of goyim.
It really is time to stop blaming goyim for the weakness of secular Jews.  That's ignorant.

Bullcat,  I agree with you. I think you may have misunderstood, or perhaps I wasn't clear. I AM blaming the weakness of secular Jews, not the goyim. How can anyone have any respect for a group of people (secular Jews) with no self-respect?
~__/>
  /\ /\

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 08:24:27 AM »
It is still not clear to me.  While you blame secular Jews for their weaknessess, you seem to insinuate that goyim are trying to figure out how to have a Christmas tree in every Jewish home.  Not true.
When a Jewish family, with no goyim in the mix, put up Christmas decorations...it leaves me in an utter state of confusion.  Not joy.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline SharonD

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2011, 09:32:33 AM »
No, this is what I am saying: Many secular Jews feel they will become accepted by the goyim if they act more like goyim (e.g. celebrate Christian holidays, etc.) It never works and confuses everyone.
~__/>
  /\ /\

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2011, 10:55:52 AM »
Hello.

What is barefoot hoof trimmer ?

How come you don't consider secular Jews Jewish when Judaism does consider them Jewish ?!

Offline SharonD

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2011, 11:36:53 AM »
Hello.

What is barefoot hoof trimmer ?

How come you don't consider secular Jews Jewish when Judaism does consider them Jewish ?!
According to halacha, we know secular Jews are Jewish. But the problem w/secular Jews is that so many do not *feel* the intense connection to his/her people that, IMO, is required of a Jewish person.

A barefoot hoof trimmer is a blacksmith who does not shoe horses. We trim differently from blacksmiths because we are not nailing or gluing shoes onto the hooves. I trim my mare every four weeks in the summer and about every five to six weeks in the winter. I am very devoted to my horse. I trained her myself from the age of two. She is now nearly seven. (As you can tell, I love talking horses.)
~__/>
  /\ /\

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2011, 01:23:18 PM »
I know very little about horses, so at the risk of sounding stupid, what exactly do a blacksmith has to do on a bear hoof ?

Offline SharonD

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2011, 01:54:41 PM »
I know very little about horses, so at the risk of sounding stupid, what exactly do a blacksmith has to do on a bear hoof ?
Zelhar, it's not bearfoot, it's barefoot. The horse is considered barefoot when the hoof is left in its natural state without metal shoes.   
~__/>
  /\ /\

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2011, 02:01:57 PM »
Zelhar, it's not bearfoot, it's barefoot. The horse is considered barefoot when the hoof is left in its natural state without metal shoes.   
The poor horse walking around on the cold hard ground with no shoes   :'( Buy the creature some horse shoes for goodness sake.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline SharonD

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2011, 02:06:05 PM »
The poor horse walking around on the cold hard ground with no shoes   :'( Buy the creature some horse shoes for goodness sake.
:laugh: I hope you are kidding!
~__/>
  /\ /\

Offline Brett

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2011, 03:47:00 PM »
Welcome Sharon  8)