Author Topic: Ask JTF is ready, baruch Hashem (11/14)  (Read 1224 times)

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
Ask JTF is ready, baruch Hashem (11/14)
« on: November 14, 2011, 12:05:44 AM »
בס''ד

www.jtf.org/c.mp3

http://www.4shared.com/audio/dgA8WAgE/_58.html

The program is 1 hour and 47 minutes this week.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Ask JTF is ready, baruch Hashem (11/14)
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 12:39:24 AM »
One comment.... Sounds like a new mic.... Needs a little muffling...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 01:28:07 PM »
The 4shared file will not play.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 01:37:47 PM »
Thanks for the great answer to my question Chaim.

The 4shared file will not play.

I had the opposite problem, the c.mp3 got cut off in the middle of where Chaim was answering my question so I had to download the 4shared file and it worked for me.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 06:29:40 PM »
Thank you, Chaim.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline GunsAndRosesFan

• Senior JTFer
  • "In God We Trust In Him We Must Believe" (Stryper)
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 06:38:01 AM »
Chaim you are a great human being that stands for the truth. You're truly the word of truth
Islam is a a cancer that threatens humanity with its complete intolerance, infinite jelousy and virulent odium.
Death to the cult of Satan! Death to Islam!

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 11:47:22 PM »
Thanks for the great answer to my question Chaim.

I had the opposite problem, the c.mp3 got cut off in the middle of where Chaim was answering my question so I had to download the 4shared file and it worked for me.
I have had the same problem

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 07:58:52 AM »
I have had the same problem

Thanks I was wondering if it was my computer that didn't want to download it properly for some reason.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2011, 11:44:17 AM »
Thanks I was wondering if it was my computer that didn't want to download it properly for some reason.

Ditto, I had the same thought!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2011, 12:18:36 PM »

That would assume your computer has freewill ... We have not yet perfected the software required for such artificial  intelligence...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 02:11:01 PM »
That would assume your computer has freewill ... We have not yet perfected the software required for such artificial  intelligence...

lol, thank goodness.  ;D

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2011, 02:59:19 PM »
Now for my opinion as to why people are having this problem downloading or playing the show.

The first link [ http://www.jtf.org/c.mp3 ] is served from a Web server which is not the best way to 'stream' a show. I have experienced this problem when I click on the link and my browser starts downloading it. Occasionally, when I do this, the download will end prematurely and leave me with a shortened show {the remained of the show cut off}... I suppose the reason for this is that the server does not respond quickly enough and the browser 'times-out' and terminates the download. I suspect this may be due to slowdowns on the network or improper settings on the server side which govern the time-out period.

I have only used the second link once and I got a reliable download that time. I suspect that the same problem may occur downloading from that site....

I no longer use my browser to download the show. I have written a short little script for my Linux system which uses the http download utility named 'wget' which does not 'time-out' like the browser download function.

For those Linux geeks {if there are any out there besides me}.... I use the following nifty little command to download my shows...

$> wget -O JTF_11_11_14.mp3 http://www.jtf.org/c.mp3

I will change the numbers which form [year]-[month]-[day] format.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2011, 05:21:58 PM »
Now for my opinion as to why people are having this problem downloading or playing the show.

The first link [ http://www.jtf.org/c.mp3 ] is served from a Web server which is not the best way to 'stream' a show. I have experienced this problem when I click on the link and my browser starts downloading it. Occasionally, when I do this, the download will end prematurely and leave me with a shortened show {the remained of the show cut off}... I suppose the reason for this is that the server does not respond quickly enough and the browser 'times-out' and terminates the download. I suspect this may be due to slowdowns on the network or improper settings on the server side which govern the time-out period.

I have only used the second link once and I got a reliable download that time. I suspect that the same problem may occur downloading from that site....

I no longer use my browser to download the show. I have written a short little script for my Linux system which uses the http download utility named 'wget' which does not 'time-out' like the browser download function.

For those Linux geeks {if there are any out there besides me}.... I use the following nifty little command to download my shows...

I will change the numbers which form [year]-[month]-[day] format.

wish I knew how to use this command

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2011, 05:25:27 PM »
wish I knew how to use this command

If you use Linux it is very easy. It is possible to do it under Windows OS also but it requires installing a bunch of stuff {called CygWin}...

See :

http://www.gnu.org/s/wget/

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2011, 10:10:15 PM »
If you use Linux it is very easy. It is possible to do it under Windows OS also but it requires installing a bunch of stuff {called CygWin}...

See :

http://www.gnu.org/s/wget/

Thank you Muman.  I am convinced my computer is infected with a virus.  It runs much more slowly.  I use avast antivirus, had malbytes, use system cleaner, but still no dice.