Author Topic: Miracle Noodles  (Read 2655 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Miracle Noodles
« on: November 20, 2011, 12:37:13 AM »
Has anyone else tried these?

I ordered the variety pack off of the Miracle Noodle site and have tried 3 kinds (the fettucine, the angel hair, and the rice).

They don't taste bad, they don't taste like anything.

The texture is rubbery (not as bad as that instant jellyfish I talked about in the other thread, more like gummi worms).

I'm getting used to them though and I noticed that even if I don't really like them yet, that I think I"ll be able to develop a taste for them if I keep at it, and they are very filling.

They seem to taste a lot better if what you put on them/put them in is spicy so they can absorb more flavor.

They are advertised as having 0 calories but I log them as 3.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Re: Miracle Noodles
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 04:55:45 PM »
Looks like noodles.
Noodles for weight lost?
Interesting.
Prune juice makes you lose several pounds in mere minutes.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 04:58:57 PM »
Looks like noodles.
Noodles for weight lost?
Interesting.
Prune juice makes you lose several pounds in mere minutes.

I don't know if you can really classify them as noodles, more like noodle-shaped gummy something. They work to fill me up though so that's worth something.

I laughed at the prune juice line. :)

That reminds me of a joke I saw on Beavis and Butthead back in the 90s, I think Butthead told Beavis that if he smelled prune box air he'd get really high, so being stupid of course he did it. lol

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 10:28:07 PM »
They actually have minus 20 calories.  That's because they have zero calories but you use 20 calories when chewing them.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 11:56:05 PM »
They actually have minus 20 calories.  That's because they have zero calories but you use 20 calories when chewing them.

I think on the calorie values of foods that kind of thing is accounted for but I guess if you run in place for a few seconds while they're heating up on the stovetop that might count!

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 08:10:48 AM »
Regarding prune juice, I think it is a mistake to categorize it as a food item and sell it in a supermarket. It should only be carried by pharmacies, on the same shelf with all the other laxatives.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 08:57:30 AM »
What chemicals do they put inside of these noodles?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 10:37:50 AM »
What chemicals do they put inside of these noodles?

No bad ones as far as I know. It's made out of a fibrous "yam" type vegetable and is a type of noodle that has been eaten for a very long time, just not in the West.

Ingredients: Purified water, Konnyaku, Calcium Hydroxide

The Calcium Hydroxide washes off for the most part when you rinse them in water.

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 10:53:19 AM »
yeh..watch out for the calcium hydroxide especially high doses.. It's a base they use to make soap and other detergents and Draino.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 10:55:36 AM »
yeh..watch out for the calcium hydroxide especially high doses.. It's a base they use to make soap and other detergents and Draino.

I'm assuming the level is safe in a food product like that. Plus you're supposed to rinse them really well before you use them and it's too expensive to fill up on all the time so I eat one every other day or so. It's been helping a lot.

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2011, 10:57:52 AM »
And another thing with certain foods that flush out the system...they flush out the good with the bad..  If you are on a diet, make sure you have your multi-vitamins afterwards.  And exercising in addition to diet very necessary.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2011, 01:58:33 PM »
And another thing with certain foods that flush out the system...they flush out the good with the bad..  If you are on a diet, make sure you have your multi-vitamins afterwards.  And exercising in addition to diet very necessary.

Thanks for the info. Regular pill multivitamins make my stomach hurt for some reason and the liquid ones don't but then I forget to take them. I need to try to remember to do that more. Probably getting more nutrition from my food than I used to though (more fruits and vegetables, less junk). I have a really physical job at night climbing ladders and such so exercising a lot during the day would be setting myself up for failure of not being able to do my work at night if I tired myself out but so far that's been enough.

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2011, 02:29:14 PM »
wherever you are, instead of the elevator or escalator, take the steps..or if you are on the escalator and are able to, walk up instead of just standing there...Every little thing you can do helps.

one thing that helps me take my vitamins, that is if I don't forget to take them, is to take them at night and on a full stomach.  I get less of a stomach ache.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 10:44:56 PM »

Dr. Dan,

I think you're thinking of sodium hydroxide.  In food products, I think this is used as a preservative.  Calcium hydroxide, in so much as it relates to food, is a weak base.  BTW, Rubystars, this is not to say that I would want to chow down on lots of this or make it a staple of my diet.  But you're right, presumably when you boil your noodles you would remove a good deal of this from the product, though that too I would not swear to.  Bottom line: the fewer preservatives we consume within reason the better

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2011, 07:10:07 AM »
Dr. Dan,

I think you're thinking of sodium hydroxide.  In food products, I think this is used as a preservative.  Calcium hydroxide, in so much as it relates to food, is a weak base.  BTW, Rubystars, this is not to say that I would want to chow down on lots of this or make it a staple of my diet.  But you're right, presumably when you boil your noodles you would remove a good deal of this from the product, though that too I would not swear to.  Bottom line: the fewer preservatives we consume within reason the better

I read this one review on Amazon where this woman said she ate them then started throwing up later and someone said it was because she didn't drain the liquid out and wash them.

It is better to have fewer preservatives. In a way they have their good sides though. I notice some of my produce ends up rotten because I'm still buying for the volume I used to eat and I don't get as hungry now so I end up with rotten fruit that I have to toss. If they had some kind of safe preservative on them maybe they would be ok... going to have to learn to buy less. lol