Author Topic: Former Shas leader: murder Jewish freedom fighters but support Yasser Arafat  (Read 2300 times)

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
But he is correct that some of the Orthodox rabbis condemned Rav Kahane.   

Okay, I know, but when I read it I saw it as an attack on the Orthodox. I pointed that Rav Kahane was/is Orthodox and he wrote soo much against other forms. Its just the tone it was said by. But yes its true many leaders of the past and present were/are against Rav Kahane (or at least his tactics). But lets not condemn all the "Orthodox" now. As many of the people here I'm sure are Orthodox practicing Jews.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
when I read it I saw it as an attack on the Orthodox.
No, it was a comment on how the Jewish establishment is.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
Okay, I know, but when I read it I saw it as an attack on the Orthodox. I pointed that Rav Kahane was/is Orthodox and he wrote soo much against other forms. Its just the tone it was said by. But yes its true many leaders of the past and present were/are against Rav Kahane (or at least his tactics). But lets not condemn all the "Orthodox" now. As many of the people here I'm sure are Orthodox practicing Jews.

I myself am an Orthodox Jew, but if the majority of fellow orthodx Jews did something wrong ( God forbid), I would not hesitate to point it out.  In fact, since I'm a Kahanist I find myself quite frequently disagreeing w a lot of fellow orthodox Jews (at least on beliefs + for example refuting exilic mindset comes about frequently at shabbos tables I attend lol.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
I myself am an Orthodox Jew, but if the majority of fellow orthodx Jews did something wrong ( G-d forbid), I would not hesitate to point it out.  In fact, since I'm a Kahanist I find myself quite frequently disagreeing w a lot of fellow orthodox Jews (at least on beliefs + for example refuting exilic mindset comes about frequently at shabbos tables I attend lol.

Same here. Actually 1 thing I think is best is to not fight head on (argumentative mode). I often don't do it myself (not argue), but its good to insert our ideas in discussions. People ask to speak (make a Dvar Torah) often I connect it to the teachings of Rav Kahane, Rav Bar Chaim, etc. (also because i'm very familiar and know these teachings- its on my mind).
 Some people many times need time to "digest" what is correct and being said. Perhaps once things are said after time the same opponents often quote the same exact things later. Soo no one should loose hope, just continue the fight, say the truth obviously and with time the same people will often say the same exact thing!

Actually come to think of it, I think the same goes for the world as well. The world (and Jews) are to be brought closer to G-D, step by step many times.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Same here. Actually 1 thing I think is best is to not fight head on (argumentative mode). I often don't do it myself (not argue), but its good to insert our ideas in discussions. People ask to speak (make a Dvar Torah) often I connect it to the teachings of Rav Kahane, Rav Bar Chaim, etc. (also because i'm very familiar and know these teachings- its on my mind).
 Some people many times need time to "digest" what is correct and being said. Perhaps once things are said after time the same opponents often quote the same exact things later. Soo no one should loose hope, just continue the fight, say the truth obviously and with time the same people will often say the same exact thing!

Actually come to think of it, I think the same goes for the world as well. The world (and Jews) are to be brought closer to G-D, step by step many times.

I agree with this approach... As I said many times we must learn so that we can teach others. Within my community I make sure we discuss the issues of Israel every week. While many of my friends at minyan started off as center-left politically {on most issues} I feel a distinct shift to more right wing positions concerning Israel and defending the land. While my experience is a microcosm I hope it reflects on the entirety of the Jewish people, so that strong Jewish pride spreads to all corners of a Jews life...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
No, it was a comment on how the Jewish establishment is.

True.

Also, to tag mechir tzedek:  you are new here so it may not be easy to interpret right away from a few comments but I can tell you YMtoJB has been here a long time and his heart is in the right place, he is not trying to attack orthodox Jews.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Also, to tag mechir tzedek:  you are new here so it may not be easy to interpret right away from a few comments but I can tell you YMtoJB has been here a long time and his heart is in the right place, he is not trying to attack orthodox Jews.
Thank you.

I wasn't offended at all though--as you say, he is new here and he has a right to ask for clarification.