Author Topic: Lubab's comment to Chaim for 6/18 ask jtf  (Read 6537 times)

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
Re: Lubab's comment to Chaim for 6/18 ask jtf
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2007, 05:25:11 AM »
I remembered a story. Not perhaps directly related to this topic - more about the Rabbis' uncanny abilities. The Satmar Rabbi came to the US to raise money for his institutions. He came with very few suporters who were all quite poor. He organized a fundraiser event. But it wasn't a success. The same few supporters came, who very very poor. The Rabbi sat quiet for a long time, and then he exclaimed: "I see we have no choice! The only solution would be if all of you became very rich and supported our movement with your money." And, indeed, in a very short period of time, all of the people who were present at this fundraiser became multi-millioners. I'm telling this story from memory. Maybe someone could correct me if they know some details.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2007, 01:51:03 PM »
Wow.  What a powerful experience that must have been for Chaim!

The hairs on my arms are standing on end this very moment.

With deep reverence, I would like to state my opinion regarding the meeting between this Great Man and Chaim.

The Rebbe clearly (in my opinion) saw the idealism and courage in Chaim.  He was telling Chaim (in my EXTREMELY humble opinion) that it was his (Chaim's) destiny to dedicate his life to the Jewish people.

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2007, 09:07:37 PM »
Rav Kahane was Mashiach Ben Yosef.

Maybe Chabad people believe that The Rebbe was Mashiach Ben Yosef and he will be reincarnated into Mashiach Ben David.

Chabad people, some say a sizable minority, some say a majority, some say most, whatever it may be, believe that the Rebbe ZT"L is Mashiah ben David, according to my experiences. (I refuse to make this post an argument about whether or not the Rebbe was Mashiah, although I would like to say many things on this subject.)

If you just want to bash, I'm not really interested. But if you want to discuss the Torah issues-I'm here for you. PM me.
(Ppl. seem to agree it's not good for a public thread).
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.