Author Topic: Iowa Rep. Steve King defends Newt Gingrich on his 'Palestinians' invented remark  (Read 312 times)

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.

Thankfully,  an elected official in the U.S. comes to Newt Gingrich's defense regarding Gingrich stating the historical truth!      Kudos to Rep. Steve King!   

eb22

http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-haberman/2011/12/steve-king-bolsters-gingrich-on-controversial-palestinian-106768.html

Steve King bolsters Gingrich on controversial Palestinian comment
  By MAGGIE HABERMAN | 12/10/11 7:21 PM EST Iowa Rep. Steve King, one of the most conservative members in Congress, defended Newt Gingrich over his comment that Palestinians are an "invented" people, a remark his campaign did a bit of mop-up over earlier today.

"I'm one of the people, I think, that wasn't particularly troubled by that," King told POLITICO in the press filing center at Drake University. "In that, I've watched what goes on in israel...i've watched the history of it closely."

Of the Palestinians, King argued that there is little evidence to suggest they want a peaceful, two-state solution, adding, "I'm convinced that their goal is to eradicate israel eventually."

"I'm not one who embraces a two-state solution, and I think that Speaker Gingrich's statement was...you can parse the history one way or the other, but it's historically accurate," he added.

The line about being historically accurate is similar to the comment Gingrich spokesman RC Hammond made earlier about what the candidate was trying to say in the interview that aired yesterday. Hammond also said Gingrich supports "a negotiated peace agreement," language that is different than recognizing Palestinian statehood.

"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/