Author Topic: Newt promises to move embassy to Jerusalem : Yay?!?!  (Read 1034 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Newt promises to move embassy to Jerusalem : Yay?!?!
« on: December 07, 2011, 09:50:51 PM »
So Newt wants to be taken seriously by the Jewish voters.... He announces today that if he were elected president he would move the American Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem {The Capitol of the Jewish state}. While this is a noble thing for him to say {if it is sincere} it is also something I have a hard time believing. We have had other republican presidents who promised to recognize the Jewish capitol only to have them forget their promise once they are in office. I believe ex-president Bush also promised to move the embassy to Jerusalem but he did not do so...

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/150515

Gingrich: I'd Move the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem
GOP presidential hopeful Newt Gingrich tells Republican Jewish activists: I'll move the U.S. Embassy from Tel Aviv if elected.

By Elad Benari
First Publish: 12/8/2011, 3:10 AM

GOP presidential hopeful Newt Gingrich promised Republican Jewish activists on Wednesday that, if elected President, he would move the U.S. embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.

The Washington Post reported that Gingrich also promised to use U.S. dollars to fund “every dissident group” in Iran and said he would appoint former UN Ambassador John Bolton, a conservative favorite, to head the State Department.

Gingrich’s pro-Israel speech was made as part of a gathering of the Republican Jewish Coalition in Washington. All GOP presidential candidates except for Rep. Ron Paul spoke during the gathering and all expressed strong support for the Jewish state, The Washington Post said.

http://secureisrael.com/embassy.htm

George Bush promised to move the American embassy to Jerusalem.

"'Something will happen when I'm president,' Bush told a Jewish lobbying group a year ago. 'As soon as I take office I will begin the process of moving the U.S. ambassador to the city Israel has chosen as its capital.' The Bush campaign in October slammed Vice President Al Gore for backsliding on the move."

Was the promise kept?

No way!

"Pursuant to the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, including section 7(a) of the Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995 (Public Law 104-45) (the 'Act'), I hereby determine that it is necessary to protect the national security interests of the United States to suspend for a period of six months the limitations set forth in sections 3(b) and 7(b) of the Act."

--June 11 presidential memorandum delaying the congressionally mandated relocation of the U.S. embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Newt promises to move embassy to Jerusalem : Yay?!?!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 10:17:45 PM »
If you believe that, I have some Oklahoma beachfront property for ya!

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 10:32:55 PM »
Why would we want that anyway? I wouldn't want foreigners especially government representatives in Jerusalem our Holy city. The less of them the better.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 12:00:35 AM »
What a shock that that Iranian kiss ass, Ron Paul, was in absentia

Offline maelgwyn

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 12:08:50 AM »
B/S ! >:(

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 12:56:54 AM »
How is that even possible.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 12:59:06 AM »
How is that even possible.

There was a law passed several years ago in America which was written to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. This law is on the books but because of 'politics' it has not been implemented. A succession of presidents have swept the law under the rug because they don't want to upset the arab world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerusalem_Embassy_Act

The Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995[1] is a public law of the United States passed by the 104th Congress on October 23, 1995. It was passed for the purposes of initiating and funding the relocation of the Embassy of the United States in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, no later than May 31, 1999, and attempted to withhold 50 percent of the funds appropriated to the State Department specifically for ‘‘Acquisition and Maintenance of Buildings Abroad’’ as allocated in fiscal year 1999 until the United States Embassy in Jerusalem had officially opened.[2] The act also called for Jerusalem to remain an undivided city and for it to be recognized as the capital of the State of Israel. Israel's declared capital is Jerusalem, but this is not internationally recognized, pending final status talks in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. The United States has withheld recognition of the city as Israel's capital. The proposed law was adopted by the Senate (93–5),[3] and the House (374–37).[4]

Since passage, the law has never been implemented, because of opposition from Presidents Clinton, Bush, and Obama, who view it as a Congressional infringement on the executive branch’s constitutional authority over foreign policy; they have consistently claimed the presidential waiver on national security interests.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 01:06:19 AM »
This "law" was passed by a vast majority because Congress knew full well that no president would uphold it. It was a meaningless gesture for appearances. If it were a real law with any teeth it would not have passed.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 03:34:50 AM »
Free Pollard and then I'll believe you, The Grinch.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein