Author Topic: Will somebody please explain how Newt or Romney may be electable? I don't see it  (Read 660 times)

Offline Daniel Michael ben Avraham

• Full JTFer
  • דניאל מיכאל בן אברהם
Seriously, I want to know how Romney and Newt are seen as electable.  I look at their records and their baggage and I simply do not believe it.  I think they are going to look really bad on the national circuit.  Romney is too much of a RINO and Newt has too many skeletons as well as looking like a RINO under the spotlight as well.  I just do not see how they can compete against BHO given that Americans are bound to do the stupid thing once again.  I am sure BHO is counting on it.
The observant Jew has his own sense of values. Torah Judaism is his blueprint for this life, his target for existence.
מורנו הרב מאיר כהנא

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
None of the republicans are electable...but one will need to shine and be chosen.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
I don't see victory right now either but I still pray for it and I do believe in miracles. I think all we can do at the moment is to work hard to defeat Obama. What's required of us, I think, is to do everything we can to defeat him and then let's let God handle the outcome.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
Anyone facing an incumbent President who has presided over these levels of economic distress and unemployment should at least have a chance.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Anyone facing an incumbent President who has presided over these levels of economic distress and unemployment should at least have a chance.
If they don't blame Bush for it, which many still do.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
Correct me if I'm wrong:  Obama's poll numbers are less than Carter's and Carter lost.  Of course, this can all change in a heartbeat, particularly if people can start getting hired again.  But it doesn't look like that's going to happen.  So Americans will want a change -- badly!  A Republican can definitely win, especially if things remain this bad. 

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Correct me if I'm wrong:  Obama's poll numbers are less than Carter's and Carter lost.  Of course, this can all change in a heartbeat, particularly if people can start getting hired again.  But it doesn't look like that's going to happen.  So Americans will want a change -- badly!  A Republican can definitely win, especially if things remain this bad. 
But according to polls Americans blame Bush more than Obama for the terrible economy by a margin of 2 to 1:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/07/14/poll-americans-blame-bush-for-bad-economy-by-wide-margin/

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
Check this out:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

Your link was from July. 

Right now, Obama's approval rating is going down and his disapproval rating is going up.  I know they blame Bush.  But if they do blame Bush, at the same time, they're not happy with Obama.  It's Obama's approval rating that counts, and thank G-d his approval rating is less than Carter's at the same time of Carter's miserable Presidency.

If things stand as lousy as they are now, I think Obama is beatable. 

I know a lot of JTF's don't like Newt.  But if Newt and Obama have a debate, Newt will wipe the floor with him. 

Right now, I'm very high on Newt for what he said in Sunday's debate. 

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Rasmussen is well known for being slanted to Republicans:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rasmussen_Reports#Nate_Silver

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
I have to go now.  I'll try to find other sources later today.  Thanks.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
I'm not trying to discourage you, we just need to be realistic. Obama has at least a 50/50 chance of being reelected. We do ourselves no service by pretending the cards aren't stacked against us. BHO has the best media petrodollars can buy and most Americans are obedient, brainwashed little sheeple.

Offline heyuguys

• Full JTFer
electable is something made up by party elites. look at obama where he was a community organizer with only 1 senate term but he was electable for some reason. it's just a promotion by the party elites.