Author Topic: One big reason I don't like Gingrich is he will ban medical marijuana.  (Read 5698 times)

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
I don't know if I will support him after reading this.    I probably won't.  

By AJ Weber

IF GINGRICH BECOMES PRESIDENT HE WILLUSE THE FEDERAL LAW MAKING POSSESSIONOF ANY AMOUNT OF POT A FELONY TO CLOSEDOWN DISPENSARIES THAT ARE LEGALUNDER STATE LAW. HE MUST BE DEFEATED! At Tulane Gingrich helped lead a march 700-strong to the home of the UniversityPresident, protesting administration censorship for banning "obscene" photos in theschool paper, at which Tulane’s chief was hanged in effigy. Other demonstrations byNewt’s leftwing counter-culture activist group targeted the New Orleans offices of MerrillLynch, a department store and a local bank, all of which had executives sitting on theTulane Board of Administrators. Newt became a fan of Alvin and Heidi Toffler andsmoked marijuana. Newt Gingrich introduced a bill to ease federal restrictions onmedical marijuana in 1981. On March 19, 1982 he wrote in the Journal of the AmericanMedical Association,To the Editor,The American Medical Association's Council on Scientific Affairs shouldbe commended for its report, "Marijuana: Its Health Hazards andTherapeutic Potential" (1981; 246:1823). Not only does the report outlineevidence of marijuana's potential harms, but it distinguishes this concernfrom the legitimate issue of marijuana's important medical benefits. All too  
often the hysteria that attends public debate over marijuana's social abusecompromises a clear appreciation for this critical distinction.Since 1978, 32 states have abandoned the federal prohibition to recognizelegislatively marijuana's important medical properties. Federal law,however, continues to define marijuana as a drug "with no acceptedmedical use," and federal agencies continue to prohibit physician-patientaccess to marijuana. This outdated federal prohibition is corrupting theintent of the state laws and depriving thousands of glaucoma and cancer patients of the medical care promised them by their state legislatures. OnSeptember 16, 1981, Representatives Stewart McKinney and I introducedlegislation designed to end bureaucratic interference in the use of marijuana as a mendicant. We believe licensed physicians are competentto employ marijuana, and patients have a right to obtain marijuana legally,under medical supervision, from a regulated source. The medicalprohibition does not prevent seriously ill patients from employingmarijuana; it simply deprives them of medical supervision and denies themaccess to a regulated medical substance. Physicians are often forced tochoose between their ethical responsibilities to the patient and their legalliabilities to federal bureaucrats. Representative McKinney and I hope theCouncil will take a close and careful look at this issue. Federal policies donot reflect a factual or balanced assessment of marijuana's use as amendicant. The Council, by thoroughly investigating the availablematerials, might well discover that its own assessment of marijuana'stherapeutic value has, in the past, been more than slightly shaded byfederal policies that are less than neutral.Newt GingrichHouse of RepresentativesWashington, DCThis is why Newt Gingrich blames the counterculture for Afro-American crime byaccusing us of breaking down moral standards in the 1960's. Newt was once in theunderground and is a convert to conservatism. Converts are the greatest zealots.Gingrich introduced a bill mandating the death penalty for drug smugglers. He introduceH.R. 4170 (Drug Importer Death Penalty Act of 1996) to the House of Representatives,which sought to“provide a sentence of death for certain importations of significant quantities of controlled substances”.  
Section 2: Increased Penalties for International Drug TraffickingSection 1010 of the Controlled Substances Import and Export Act (21U.S.C. 960) is amended by adding at the end the following:(e)(1) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the court shall sentencea person convicted of a violation of subsection (a), consisting of bringinginto the United States a mixture or substance—(A) which is described in subsection (b)(1); and(B) in an amount the Attorney General by rule has determined is equal to100 usual dosage amounts of such mixture or substance; to imprisonmentfor life without possibility of release. If the defendant has violated thissubsection on more than one occasion and the requirements of chapter 228 of title 18, United States Code, are satisfied, the court shall sentencethe defendant to death.(2) The maximum fine that otherwise may be imposed, but for thissubsection, shall not be reduced by operation of this subsection.'September 25, 1996, 104th Congress (1995 - 1996), H.R.4170Gingrich’s bill would have required execution for anyone attempting to bring 2 ounces or more of pot into the country twice. This is how he rationalized his calling for the deathpenalty and having smoked pot himself:See, when I smoked pot it was illegal, but not immoral. Now, it is illegalAND immoral. The law didn’t change, only the morality That’s why youget to go to jail and I don’t.In 2009, Gingrich agreed with Bill O’Reilly’s call for Singapore-style drug laws inAmerica. O’Reilly was also once in the counter-culture, had long hair and was sent tointerview Jerry Rubin at 9 Bleecker Street. In Singapore, the police can force anyone tosubmit to a urinalysis without a warrant. They’re permitted to search you without awarrant. And if you’re seen in a building or in the company of drug users, you’reassumed to have been using drugs as well, unless you can prove otherwise. They alsohave Gingrich’s favored mandatory execution of anyone possessing over a specifiedamount of illicit drugs. Gingrich:“I met with General McCaffrey two months ago andsaid, ‘I want a World War Two style victory plan-a decisive, all out cataclysmic effort tobreak the back of the drug culture’.” Gingrich invented the War on Drugs. PresidentClinton (who Gingrich labeled a counterculture McGovernik) and House Speaker NewtGingrich sparred over drug policy in separate radio addresses Saturday, the presidentlaying out plans to reduce illegal drug use by 50 percent in the next decade, the speaker

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: One big reason I don't like Gingrich is he will ban medical marijuana.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 02:16:32 PM »
Wish we had a Pro Choice, Pro Israel, Pro medical marijuana president.  But that just can't happen.

I want a  three pro president. 

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 02:46:46 PM »
Pro-infanticide and pro-drugs, Aces?!?! :o :o :o

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 02:58:46 PM »
Pro-infanticide and pro-drugs, Aces?!?! :o :o :o

You don't have to twist the words.  You're above that.  But it should be pointed out that he will ban medical marijuana.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 03:11:59 PM »
Twisting words or calling a spade a spade?

Anyhow the vast majority of "medicinal" marijuana is a sham. I can see terminal disease patients needing it as a powerful painkiller but the vast majority of so-called medicinal use is not that. I used to have a friend who had a legally-binding marijuana "prescription" in California for "anxiety".

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 03:16:56 PM »
Twisting words or calling a spade a spade?

Anyhow the vast majority of "medicinal" marijuana is a sham. I can see terminal disease patients needing it as a powerful painkiller but the vast majority of so-called medicinal use is not that. I used to have a friend who had a legally-binding marijuana "prescription" in California for "anxiety".

I forgot you went to school to become a Medical doctor.   1000 pardons

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 04:56:05 PM »
I am leaning toward regulating marijuana use, but to say that this issue is one of top priority considering what we are dealing now is really foolish.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 05:52:32 PM »
I forgot you went to school to become a Medical doctor.   1000 pardons
I need to be a doctor to say abortion is murder?

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 06:24:26 PM »
Woa Aces High.  I am a bit shocked.  Why would you want a leader who doesn't protect the innocent? 

Allowing the killing off 'unwanted' babies is a akin to the Nazis shoving 'unwanted' babies in ovens.  Its the most evil act I can think of.... I don't care how the left tries to sugar coat it.

Please don't mix being pro Israel or Pro-medicinal Marijuana with infanticide.  They are at opposite sides of the political spectrum.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 06:44:15 PM »
Well it's no wonder your'e called Aces High. You want medical marijuana to be legal.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2011, 08:59:03 PM »
I think Marinol would be an acceptable substitute for people who truly need it for medical reasons if it were available to all who need it at the same time as a ban on actual marijuana.

Murdering innocent babies in the womb is very evil. A lot of babies are murdered because there is some kind of prenatal test which indicates they MIGHT have some kind of condition. Just because someone will be born with a lower than average IQ or with some level of physical or mental disability doesn't mean they're not a human being or that they deserve to die. A lot of healthy children are killed too, just for convenience sake, or because they might be short adults, or for a whole host of BS reasons.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 09:04:08 PM by Rubystars »

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2011, 09:03:25 PM »
Well it's no wonder your'e called Aces High. You want medical marijuana to be legal.
:::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2011, 09:23:40 PM »
Who cares if he bans it?  Better than Obama or Ron Paul.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2011, 09:27:41 PM »
I don't like Gingrich but he wont be any different than Obama. Currently there is a federal ban.... But there is a state law which allows it... The Feds are still trying to shut down dispensaries, but they are having a tough time doing so because the majority of voters support medical marijuana as I do...

This doesn't really affect my opinion...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2011, 10:05:24 PM »
Who cares if he bans it?  Better than Obama or Ron Paul.
Amen. I would have thought this would be common sense throughout JTF.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2011, 10:52:36 PM »
Amen. I would have thought this would be common sense throughout JTF.

We may need a little askjtf again.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2012, 12:10:29 AM »
You're all entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine.  Some of you guys seem alright, and the rest are a bunch of screeching Chaim parrots.  lol

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2012, 03:24:04 AM »
You're all entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine.  Some of you guys seem alright, and the rest are a bunch of screeching Chaim parrots.  lol

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2012, 03:44:09 AM »
We may need a little askjtf again.
LOL I'm the wrong person to go to on that. The program is "Ask JTF", not "Ask Axl Rose".

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2012, 07:41:46 AM »
A sad part of the situation is the fact that the medical marijuana programs put in place by some states has been so abused by people who are as healthy as an ox its pitiful... Why not just make it an over the counter drug or sell it as they do tobacco or booze and tax the living h-ll out of it and call it a day... The country is going to h-ll in a hand basket and the last issue thats going to make me vote or not vote for a candidate is the medical marijuana issue... I have seen a few news programs dealing with the issue and they claim that a vast majority of the medical marijuana dispensed is going to people who have nothing medically wrong with them besides being addicted to pot from a lifetime of it's use.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2012, 07:43:55 AM »
A sad part of the situation is the fact that the medical marijuana programs put in place by some states has been so abused by people who are as healthy as an ox its pitiful.
Absolutely, most "medicinal marijuana" prescription holders in CA suffer from the grave and terminal diseases of anxiety, depression, stomach upsets, etc.

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2012, 08:11:02 AM »
Absolutely, most "medicinal marijuana" prescription holders in CA suffer from the grave and terminal diseases of anxiety, depression, stomach upsets, etc.
Yes, just so... Some years ago a friend of mine had a neighbor who would grow the garbage right in his yard in Queens New York... He had a victory garden in his back yard that had rows of tomato plants and in between the tomato plants he grew the pot plants  :::D... Another case I remember from back then was a guy that lived across from the main entrance to the high school I went to... He had a giant picture window in his living room that had a great exposure to the sun... He had a giant pot plant growing there where a few hundred high school students  would  marvel at it each day :o... The plant was very noticeable and I am surprised that the cops that were always around the school back then didn't do something about it... Back then even a small amount was a problem... I have slightly more respect for people like that then some of the malingers who clearly abuse a program that was designed to help very sick people.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2012, 08:17:31 AM »

Polly want a cracker?

I think you want crack.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2012, 08:21:43 AM »
Polly want a cracker?

I think you want crack.
:::D :laugh: :::D :laugh: :::D :laugh: :::D :laugh: :::D

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2012, 08:24:57 AM »
A sad part of the situation is the fact that the medical marijuana programs put in place by some states has been so abused by people who are as healthy as an ox its pitiful... Why not just make it an over the counter drug or sell it as they do tobacco or booze and tax the living h-ll out of it and call it a day... The country is going to h-ll in a hand basket and the last issue thats going to make me vote or not vote for a candidate is the medical marijuana issue... I have seen a few news programs dealing with the issue and they claim that a vast majority of the medical marijuana dispensed is going to people who have nothing medically wrong with them besides being addicted to pot from a lifetime of it's use.

Cjd, legalizing marijuana works like this:

Like Ron Paul says about Iran and way back when they freed the slaves instead of sending them home.  They think its cheaper to leave Iran alone and too expensive to send them back....but the long term effect will be far worse.  Sure tax it.  But the long term health effects and death rates and even crime rates will get worse.  There will be a higher and faster collapse to America's already defunct culture.  In the long term this is a bad and more expensive move like leaving Iran alone or not sending the slaves home.